PDA

View Full Version : Yuffie didn't steal all of my materia

Jowy
09-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, she left four Fire materia and two Ice materia in my inventory. Any idea what caused that?

PeneloRatsbane
09-08-2008, 07:03 PM
maybe she just likes you.

thats strange never happened to me before

Rantz
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Yuffie only steals a certain amount of materia (between 48 and 50, I think). If you have more than that amount, she will leave those. Her priority in materia is as follows:

Master Summon, Knights of the Round, Master Command, Master Magic, Bahamut ZERO, W-Summon, W-Magic, Mega-All, Counter, Typhon, Hades, Quadra Magic, Mime, Magic Counter, Ultima, Shield, Full Cure, Neo Bahamut, Phoenix, Enemy Skill, Double Cut, Slash-All, Exp Plus, Alexander, Kjata, Bahamut, W-Item, Contain, HP<->MP, Morph, Steal As Well, Added Cut, Final Attack, Manipulate, Sneak Attack, Added Effect, Comet, Elemental, Throw, Leviathan, HP Absorb, MP Absorb, Odin, MP Turbo, Titan, Ramuh, Deathblow, Ifrit, Gil Plus, Counter Attack, Shiva, Long Range, Pre-emptive, Chocobo Lure, Choco/Mog, Enemy Away, Luck Plus, Magic Plus, Speed Plus, Enemy Lure, All, HP Plus, MP Plus, Cover, Destruct, Gravity, Time, Barrier, Exit, Transform, Mystify, Seal, Revive, Earth, Poison, Sense, Steal, Heal, Restore, Lightning, Ice, Fire, Underwater.

Flying Mullet
09-08-2008, 07:14 PM
For whatever reason the developers coded the game so that Yuffie only steals the first 48 or so materia from your inventory. Since your sorted inventory puts Fire and Ice at the end of the inventory list, those were spared. If you happened to have other materia at the end of your list those would have been left behind instead.

qwertysaur
09-08-2008, 07:15 PM
odd how there is a preference for Leviathan when you can only obtain that summon after the Wutai sidequest.

arcanedude34
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
odd how there is a preference for Leviathan when you can only obtain that summon after the Wutai sidequest.
Square probably plans for people using GameShark and such, or maybe Leviathan was originally meant to be obtianable without Yuffie or something...

Flying Mullet
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think there's an order of preference, I think she takes the first 48 or so starting with what's equipped on the characters and then moves on to the materia stock, starting at the top of the list and then working her way down.

Elly
09-08-2008, 09:49 PM
she's never taken all my Materia before, i thaught that was normal...
i usualy scoff when people say she took it all, because it's never happened to me, i guess all the Yuffie hate comes from the underachievers that have less than 48 materia at that point, since that's a major reason i've seen people hate her for "she took all my materia, i hate her, she's a bitch" and so on...
i bet the ammount she takes is fixed to give the impression that she only takes what she needs...

arcanedude34
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I think a much more logical answer would be that she took 48 so that no matter what, all equipped Materia, which is a max of 16 per character for a total of 48, (see where I'm going with this?) which is, presumably your BEST Materia since you have it equipped, is taken at the VERY least. I guess a way around the handicap imposed by this is to make sure all equipped Materia sucks, and that your best Materia are last in the inventory screen.

Goldenboko
09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
she's never taken all my Materia before, i thaugh that was normal...
i usualy scoff when people say she took it all, because it's never happened to me, i guess all the Yuffie hate comes from the underachievers that have less than 48 materia at that point, since that's a major reason i've seen people hate her for "she took all my materia, i hate her, she's a bitch" and so on...
i bet the ammount she takes is fixed to give the impression that she only takes what she needs...

There's no point of having more then 48 materia by that time! xD

Rantz
09-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't think there's an order of preference, I think she takes the first 48 or so starting with what's equipped on the characters and then moves on to the materia stock, starting at the top of the list and then working her way down.
You may be right, I found that info in a random walkthrough. Although I do seem to remember having a few materia still equipped right after the theft.

Square probably plans for people using GameShark and such, or maybe Leviathan was originally meant to be obtianable without Yuffie or something...
Also of note is that any materia you have obtained through GameShark will be taken and will not be returned along with the rest.

arcanedude34
09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Square probably plans for and punishes people using GameShark and such, or maybe Leviathan was originally meant to be obtianable without Yuffie or something...
Also of note is that any materia you have obtained through GameShark will be taken and will not be returned along with the rest.

Fix'd

Big D
09-09-2008, 01:54 AM
That happened to me once, as well - the only game where I spent ages getting as much materia as I reasonably could, before heading to Wutai. It was a surprise, but a rather nice one.

Elly
09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
ah Boko but there is a reason to have that much materia, trying to collect materia to make 9 of each Master Materia, and the plethora of All Materia being mastered to either cash in and/or give you enough to link to a couple spells with each character so you don't have to swap out materia every time you switch out characters... anyway i always end up with more Materia than Yuffie can steal and i always thaught that was normal cuz i don't even try to get that much really, i just run around looking for fights to level up so i can kill the next boss in just a couple of hits, i hate long drawn out loosing battles, i like to make sure that i will win with no possibility of seeing the Game Over screen...

cloud21zidane16
09-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Happens to me sometimes when ive mastered some materia by then, im always left with ones like my new ice and fire that havent been leveled up, so its useless by then because attacking normally does more damage:p

Cleric
09-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Yuffie stealing my materia never bothered me much at all. I thought it was a challenging side area, and that is exactly what it is, a side area. If you don't want the challenge or the items, don't do it.