PDA

View Full Version : Are your teachers funny?

leader of mortals
09-09-2008, 05:01 AM
My hour 1 teacher is sorta funny, more light than funny though.

My hour 2 teacher really isnt all that funny, but she is nice.

My Hour 3 teacher is funny. One thing he said was all the grades we got on a test over the summer reading and he said, "I even made it into a nice litle bar graph here", and showed us all.

My Hour 4 teacher is really funny because he is really sarcastic. It's fricken hilarious.

My hour 5 teacher is pretty funny but he has a monotonous voice.

My hour 6 teacher is a little funny and very very nice. The class is funny though. There are these 2 guys who I believe are straight, and always talking to the teacher about eachother. One said "hey can I sit next to Rico?", The teacher said, "only if you promise you can keep your hands to yourself", to which he responded, "I cant guarantee that":D

rubah
09-09-2008, 05:14 AM
my linear professor is not funny, but tries to crack jokes in an awkward southern mathematician way.

My calculus professor is hilarious but is italian, so half of it is him saying things like 'light sword' instead of 'light saber'

My statics professor is pretty funny, but similarly he's chinese, but I think he has a firm grasp on english and his jokes are actually jokes and not quirky chinese sayings, although he has those also.

My materials instructor isn't that funny, he's kinda awkward.

And my CAD instructor is just kinda self-absorbed.

My cal professor last year was hilarious to the point you couldn't tell if he was making a joke or being absolutely serious. It was great.

My middle school science teacher was probably the funniest in high school much <3

Yar
09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm terrible at English but my senior year I had straight A's. The class wasn't any easier, but with a teacher that appreciated humor as much as her, I felt compelled to try a lot harder.

Flying Mullet
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
My data structures teacher makes bad, groan out loud jokes all the time and told us if we didn't enjoy them then we would have to learn to endure them, because he loves tormenting the class with them. He gets two thumbs up from me. :D

sdm42393
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
My Global teacher went on a ten minutes rant about how Disney is evil because of the creation of Hannah Montana ^_^

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I have the same teacher for three class periods and he has a sense of humor similar to some of the people here at EoFF.

Momiji
09-10-2008, 02:10 AM
My Spanish professor is somewhat dull, but nice.

My Psychology professor is awesome, but not very funny.

English is not my Statistics professor's original language (He's Chinese, I think), so he speaks in amusing (yet easily understood) Engrish.

My Bioanthropology professor has a sense of humor similar to that on EoFF.

Jiro
09-10-2008, 03:19 AM
My BCT teacher is scary
My English teacher is nice
My PE teacher is a jerk
My IPT teacher is awesome
My Maths teacher is fairly funny
My Legal Studies teacher is nice

By far the funniest class I had was my Japanese class at uni last semester. We were a mixed bunch of people and it made for some funny conversations, especially when our sensei got involved. She was funny as hell trying to keep up with our slang :D

Moon Rabbits
09-10-2008, 04:26 AM
My physics teacher is the single weirdest man alive. One time while doing a lesson he stood at the front of the class shouting "what is it?" for about five minutes because no one would put their hand up to answer.

I think it's something about physics, because my grade 11 physics teacher was pretty insane too.

Arc_Master_14
09-10-2008, 05:47 AM
My Potsmo-AP Bio teacher says Kay so much I felt compelled to count how many times he said it one day then I did if for a week and that week he sayd 'Kay an average of 97 times a day. thats funny.

Also my Psycho Graphics teacher is a nut and shes done major drugs like We were looking through her yearbooks in class to day and it said a bunch of stuff like we should get blah blah to do a line with us one day.

Big D
09-10-2008, 06:19 AM
I had some damn funny lecturers during my time at uni.

My NZ Literature professor was hilarious - every class was like a stand-up routine, even though he was lecturing on an abominably dry topic.

For European History, our doctor would occasionally use Monty Python clips to illustrate the socio-political realities of feudalism, and sometimes veered off onto tangents about the ineptitude of university management, or changing historical perspectives on sexuality.

For Contract Law, my lecturer was a world-renowned professor who sometimes writes filk songs about law topics... and then perform them in class to see what we think. It's a kind of surreal experience, but bloody funny stuff.

I really appreciate teachers who can add humour to their teaching. It makes it all the more engaging and memorable, and makes the teacher more personable and approachable too.

Kes
09-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Paraphrase from my anthro/ling professor:

Don't ask me how I did it, but I've made it so if your cell phone rings, you explode and I'm putting it on YouTube.

The rest are nice, but not as awesome.

~*~Celes~*~
09-11-2008, 04:09 AM
My funniest teachers:

French teacher: He's just...funny xD You can tell he was his class clown.

Business teacher: Mr. Wilker is his name.

Whenever he was about to chastise/lecture someone, albeit playfully, he would take off his "readers" and stare them right in the eyes, a small grin on his face, and his pupils would get HUGE. Then, he'd sort of mock the student, who would say some witty comeback, and it ended up being a game. Fun to watch ^^

At one point, the other business teacher (Mr. Tansel) whom he was friends with (and who has a classroom right next door to Wilker's with a door inbetween) was in the classroom and said "...uh oh...he took of the readers...that means trouble....LOOK AT HIS PUPILS! THEY'RE HUGE!"

He'll also randomly yell "TANSEL!" if he ends up the butt of one of Tansel's frequent pranks/scams, and Tansel will open his door "...yess?..."

Such great fun :p

Jessweeee♪
09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
My teacher gave us little barrels of those monkey things because they'll keep us safe during the hurricane o.O

demondude
09-12-2008, 07:07 PM
My Art teacher is funny, only because she has a warped idea of fashion sense, she wears her trousers so high it's ridiculous.

My Graphics teacher is pretty awesome too.

I Took the Red Pill
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
My Classical and Scriptural Backgrounds in English professor is hilarious in that he tells actual funny jokes, and I have never seen one man so enthused by The Iliad.

leader of mortals
09-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Ok, with my english teacher we were talking about the catcher in the rye and we were talking about how holden made equipment manager seem so important, and he said "Yeah I think you get a varsity letter for that dont you?", and we were all silent and probably thinking, "do you?". He then said, "listen about 95% of what I say is a joke and you just need to find the other 5% out for yourself":D

And my spanish class isnt really as funny anymore because there is a kid in there 50 times more obnoxious than me...

There are kids who fart openly in both spanish and autocad:)

Math sucks now. The teacher is much more strict now.

History is still funny but for him he seems to want there to be a time and a place.

chemistry is the same, still funny but a lot of notes...

Goldenboko
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
My Physics teacher is the best teacher, ever.

One time, my friend raises his hand to ask a ridiculous question ("On a scale of 1 to 1000 how bright is a star?"). She answered over nine thousands <3

Heath
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Two particularly funny ones were the English teachers I had during the last year of college. One of them (David) used to just tell us a lot of stories about when he was younger (one of which involved him getting stuck in the sunroof of a caravan at 2 in the morning). One line of his I remember very clearly was "I've been happily married to my wife for 17 years. My wife says she's been happily married to me for 12, but she won't say which 12." There was also a fantastic story he told about a party he went to and got quite drunk and stole the house next door's garden gate. The other English teacher was funny just because he was plain witty and quite odd. He once started the lesson by saying "Hello, my little ring-tailed lemurs!"

A lot of teachers were unintentionally hilarious due to a scheme of in-jokes we made up about them. These included our Statistics/Maths teacher suddenly developing a bad-ass attitude that led us to believe she actually had her own biker gang called 'Pythagoras' Right Angles' (ala Hell's Angels). Then there was Banksy, the ICT teacher, for whom we had so many jokes I think I'd be verging on a novel if I related them all.