PDA

View Full Version : Manners

Zeldy
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Imagine this. It's pouring it down with rain and there's Zeldy and some old woman at the bus stop. The bus comes so I stand into the rain and allow the old woman (with a huge umbrella) to get on first, and she didn't even look me in the eye or say thank you or ANYTHING. I just stood and got all my hair wet to not even get a smile or a "thanks". This often happens and eventually I'll lose patience and just push passed them and take a seat.

Would you say you have good manners? Does it annoy when people don't?

I always try to say thanks to the bus driver when I get off too, but my St Helens accent comes through and I end up saying "taahhhh!". ;_;

Quindiana Jones
09-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I say "Cheers, Drive!" to the driver. And I chat up my college bus driver, because she's brilliant.

And I hate old people people with no manners. There's no need to be such a moron. Incidentally, EoFF has had a sudden increase in old people.

Aerith's Knight
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I tend to think I have excellent manners. I let old ladies go first. I stand up for other people in the bus. I open doors for people. I help the people I live with without asking for anything. I do what I can.

Cookie
09-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I have excellent manners.

Coma
09-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I was raised by video games and have no manners, nor time to waste on people who feel socially obligated to say please, thank you, yes sir. What a bore.

Vermachtnis
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm very polite. I stand and wait my turn and hold doors open for people. And I say thank you, depending on who you ask I say it too much. But I've come to find that old people and teenagers are rude no matter what. I can't get either group to hold the door for me and they never say thank you when I do it. Little kids and adults are pretty polite though. I know I'm being general as there are nice teenagers and although very, very, very rare nice old people.

Zeldy
09-09-2008, 11:06 PM
But I've come to find that old people and teenagers are rude no matter what. I can't get either group to hold the door for me and they never say thank you when I do it. Little kids and adults are pretty polite though. I know I'm being general as there are nice teenagers and although very, very, very rare nice old people.

correct. I always hold the door open and I often have chats with old people at the bus stop, I once even walked to the post box to deliver this woman's mail, so I hate that generalization xD

That's what bugs me when they don't even smile or acknowledge you when you do do something good. I often hear old women tutting and moaning about the teenager who hadn't let them on before them so it bugs me when I don't even get a smile.

Cookie
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Solution? Kill all of the old people.

Rantz
09-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I'll tackle old people to get first in the bus line! I'll kick and bite to get the best seat! I punch the bus driver in the face and shut every door extra fast if someone else is coming! If a lady has trouble crossing the street, I'll pull her hair and snatch her crutch! That's how I do it!

Sergeant Hartman
09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm generally polite, but I can't stand old people half the time, especially at a bus stop.

Coma
09-09-2008, 11:11 PM

Send those old bastards into space. (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=glenn)

EDIT: I have no say in what the link says, firefox automatically renames it that. For the record.

I Don't Need A Name
09-09-2008, 11:14 PM
despite not being polite at home, i frequently hold doors for other people when im out and about, & i'm polite to strangers. (not usually to friends, cause thats the way i am xD)
old people are all hypocrites who dont realise that teenagers hate them cause they're all mardy & constantly complaining

CimminyCricket
09-09-2008, 11:14 PM
I have pretty good manner I suppose, people always tell my parents I'm super polite. They always go O_o

Old Manus
09-09-2008, 11:16 PM
The joke's on pensioners because they will be dead soon

cloud21zidane16
09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Im always polite to everyone i see through the day, if anyone is rude to me though ill get my own back some way;)
And old people annoy me when they dont say thanks or please, theyre all just to stereo-typical about teenagers:mad:

Heath
09-10-2008, 01:05 AM
I say "Cheers, Drive!" to the driver. And I chat up my college bus driver, because she's brilliant.

And I hate old people people with no manners. There's no need to be such a moron. Incidentally, EoFF has had a sudden increase in old people.

My father absolutely hated being called "driver" by people on the bus because he felt that the way they said it equated him to some kind of chauffeur.

I always try to be as well mannered as I can be because I think it's a decent thing to do and that everyone should do their utmost to be polite and be appreciative of kind gestures that people do for them and it does grate on my nerves when people don't act politely. I always give up my seat on the bus for older people but don't often get thanked for it. The other day I'd given up my seat and was standing and the bus braked. The woman behind me didn't bother to hold on properly and so knocked straight into me, causing me to lose my grip and be knocked over by her. I didn't even get a word of apology.

Peegee
09-10-2008, 01:22 AM
You don't ever have to thank me and I hate to hear apologies. You probably didn't do anything that bad; I already forgave you / it didn't matter to me that it happened, and most importantly I'll probably screw up down the road anyway so it all evens out.

I consider it just my personal social contract and a lot of people catch on fast enough when I only acknowledges thank yous with a 'yeah'

Momiji
09-10-2008, 01:32 AM
In public, I'm polite to a fault. :D

Rianoa
09-10-2008, 02:18 AM
i try to be polite to people but old people when there not polite anoy me they always seem to look down upon me beacause of the way i dress and dont stop to think i may be a nice person ...and i let them get through. I hate the wy i act when i meet parents i do this really polite voice and my friends are like wtf and im like its natural when i talk to parents XD

Hambone
09-10-2008, 03:26 AM

Those are excellent manners! :)

I follow most of the general "good manners."

Jiro
09-10-2008, 03:57 AM
I have excellent manners, I always hold open doors and give up my seat. I do all sorts of things, and I've received crap all appreciation for it. I don't do it for thank yous, but it would be nice. I agree though, old people are the worst at not being polite. They think we're rude bastards? I say they're hypocrites. Oh, and they're old too. :D

Old Manus
09-10-2008, 08:18 AM

My father absolutely hated being called "driver" by people on the bus because he felt that the way they said it equated him to some kind of chauffeur. lol, like a bus driver?

Balzac
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm politer than the average bear.