PDA

View Full Version : Oh god the pain!

Bahamut2000X
09-10-2008, 03:50 AM
So today in my ninjutsu class I was sparring and the guy got me out on a choke. It wasn't a particularly painful choke, yet my throat hurt after wards. After class I asked one of the guys there who is a Doctor about it, and he said I just bruised my throat. And oh god this is one of the most agonizing pains I've ever felt, and I've felt a lot of painful things in my life time. To make it worse he says it'll be even worse tomorrow.

Right now I'm attempting to eat some ravioli and drink some powerade, but it's so agonizing painful.

So discuss weird kinds of pain you've experienced before.

Jessweeee♪
09-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Orthodontics S:

Moon Rabbits
09-10-2008, 04:06 AM
I shoved a 8 gauge needle into my ear today:

http://www.mspiercing.com/ProductImages/1/l/8gauge-barbell-1080.jpg

I've also done that to my nose, tongue and lips. Painful! But oh so satisfying.

rubah
09-10-2008, 04:07 AM
the weird burning in my head (pulling a neck muscle?), stabbing pain in chest (indigestion?), and that time last year I managed to do something to my back for an uncomfortable day!

Bunny
09-10-2008, 04:13 AM
I've had my head split open four times and had my wisdom teeth removed without any anesthesia. I've also had my entire ankle wrapped up in a bicycle chain to the point where it was digging into my skin and causing bleeding in the surrounding areas.

Also my brother almost broke all four of my limbs at once.

Peegee
09-10-2008, 04:16 AM
I was cleaning out the dishwasher and something feel into the bottom. I reached to get it, completely forgetting that there were utensils just hanging there.

Riiiiiip

I tore a gasp through my wrist. I look like a stupid dumbass emo kid now.

Stupid utensils.

(There's still a scar there. I put antibacterial ointment on it but didn't care to bandage it or anything. Remember I have an odd fetish for my own scars.

o_O

Jiro
09-10-2008, 04:34 AM
The time I pulled almost every muscle in my neck and upper back. That hurt.
So did the time I tore the ligaments and stretched the tendons in my right ankle. It wasn't the accident that hurt though, it was playing a full game of Football when I should've been on crutches that hurt :D

Avarice-ness
09-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Well.. seeing as how I'm about to have a baby in a couple of days...

Yeah.

So far I only have a list of 3 most painful things ever.

1. Having my baby with no happy anesthesia (Assuming it's number 1 by default)
2. Having my big toe nail cut out because it got infected and doing it with no WORKING anesthesia. (The infection made the 3 shots of what ever in my toe POINTLESS) It seriously sucks to feel sissors IN your toe.
3. My wrist tattoo, it's not even close to the toe nail cutting, but it's still memorable enough.

Rye
09-10-2008, 04:54 AM
I had some kind of insane ear doctor as a child that I had to go to a lot because I had swimmers ear and needed tubes inserted. He told my mother to pour hydrogen peroxide into my ears to help prepare for the surgery or something. She didn't know better, so she did, and the pain was so intense that I nearly fainted, just sobbing on the floor. Obviously, we never went back to him. Freak.

Madame Adequate
09-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Weirdest pain? Anesthetic. I smashed a window and got a pretty nasty cut on my hand - only missed the tendons etc. by a tiny amount - but I didn't feel any pain. It didn't hurt when we bandaged it up, when we went to the hospital, when we waited there for several hours - didn't hurt one darned bit, until someone stuck a needle into it to anesthetise.

But that was far from the worst. That was just a bit of burning liquid in an open wound. Nothing compared to getting injections in the roof of the mouth. Holy god. I'm sure it would be worse to get teeth removed without anesthetic, but it's difficult to imagine that much pain. I developed a fear of injections in my mouth that lasted for about eight years after that, and it still persists, though I can now overcome it somewhat.

o_O
09-10-2008, 05:47 AM
I sliced my leg open from my hip to my ankle with a sharp slab of concrete, as a kid. That bled a LOT. :p

Lynx
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
well the other day i shot myself in the arm with an airsoft gun for some reason it broke the skin.

as for real pain that is also weird i was walking on a guardrail just to test my balance something i do often and slipped on a leaf that was laying on the guard rail. fell forward with my hands in my pockets and hit my chest and head on the rail and then fell off the rail onto the ground. as i was laying there i started laughing.

noircat
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Anal sex. 12 inch penis. DRY.
Let's keep it family friendly. - FM

Staple through the middle of my thumb.

bipper
09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I saved the world from a black hole today. Stepping in front of a proton train really takes a lot outta ya.

Old Manus
09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I had this when I was younger, and it made any prolonged exercise unbearably painful. And if I ever fell on my knee, the pain was akin to being hit in the crotch with a sledgehammer. Totally incapacitated :( (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood-Schlatter_disease)

Martyr
09-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I had these sour candies that, I suppose, I was supposed to eat sparingly. Like, one a day or something.

However, they were chewy and tasty and I just munched an entire pack of them while I was typing a paper one night.

The more I ate, the more my tongue began to sting, but you know me (don't you). I decided that I was no sissy and pounded all of them.

Coincidentally, I had a very wierd, stinging, sour-type pain in my tongue for nearly two weeks afterward. I must have shocked every taste bud on my tongue to utter agony.

Momiji
09-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I had this when I was younger, and it made any prolonged exercise unbearably painful. And if I ever fell on my knee, the pain was akin to being hit in the crotch with a sledgehammer. Totally incapacitated :( (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood-Schlatter_disease)

Oh my smurfing god, I had that when I was younger too. It was horrible. And there was really no treatment for it (or at least, none that they gave me), so I spent much of my adolescence growing out of it.

The sledgehammer-to-crotch analogy is rather accurate too.