PDA

View Full Version : HALP PLZ!, SOS!, etc...

~*~Celes~*~
09-11-2008, 03:51 AM
Alright. My webcam was acting funny on me earlier, so I restarted my computer. Everything's okay, until I try to watch the next episode of Gossip Girl...I can see the video just fine, except there's no sound. I checked to make sure speakers were turned up, headset volume was turned up, and the video's volume was turned up...Still silence. I merely shrugged, figuring it was the site hosting the video...So I tried another host. Still nothing. I figured it was just a bad episode copy or something.

So then I wanted to watch the season finale of The Secret Life of the American Teenager that I missed last night. No sound. Used the same website as I did for Gossip Girl, so I figured it was the website and just went about my business.

I went to watch a video on Newgrounds and NOTHING! No volume. I got cranky and opened iTunes. Something about 'there is no playback device so it might suck" or something. I look in "control panel" to see what's up, and it doesn't even notice that I have an audio playback device of any sort.

The catch? I'm using Skype, and I can hear Alan snoring just fine, so...Something's totally amiss here =[ Why is it my speakers can work just fine with Skype, where I can hear everything like normal, but if I try to listen to music or watch a video, I hear nothing?

There wasn't even a noise when the error message for iTunes telling me "u suck lulz no playbackz" popped up :(

HELP!

EDIT: I've thought of simply restarting my computer, but I want to know, first, if there's a reason behind this problem, if it's a common thing, etc.

o_O
09-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Most likely some device or piece of software has monopolised your sound resources and has crashed without releasing them. Restarting will likely fix the problem.

~*~Celes~*~
09-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Sounds reasonable enough!

Thanks, face :jess: :kiss:

*goes to restart*

Blue Harvest
09-12-2008, 11:08 AM
That's been happening to me quite a lot recently. Restarting always helps though.