PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry's The Family that Preys

Depression Moon
09-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone had seen this yet. I had saw it last night and I can see that it's one of Tyler Perry's best films yet. The story evoked a lot of drama emotion and some comedy.I just can't get over how stupid the husband was in the movie, if you haven't seen it you'll find out what I'm talking about. I also saw the preview for his next film in Spring. It's Medea Goes to Jail which wasn't that surprising to me considering that part in Meet the Browns.

I give the movie an 8/10

Momiji
09-14-2008, 02:33 AM
I've seen a couple of his films. I don't see what makes them so great in other peoples' eyes, but I didn't NOT like them, really. That being said, I probably won't go out of my way to see this one. My mom loves his films though, so chances are good I'll see it whenever she buys it.

I have to give Perry some credit though, he's pretty good and I can't say I dislike any of his films (and if you know me, you know I don't care for movies and such at all).

Ryth
09-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I honestly didn't know there were people even physically capable of watching an entire production by Tyler Perry, let alone like it.

DMKA
09-16-2008, 02:27 AM
I enjoyed the Madea films, but his other films are boring pieces of crap.

Depression Moon
09-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh I forgot how ignorant and immature people here are when it comes to black culture.

Momiji
09-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh I forgot how ignorant and immature people here are when it comes to black culture.

Fixed.

It's a general thing. Don't flatter yourself.

arcanedude34
09-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I honestly didn't know there were people even physically capable of watching an entire production by Tyler Perry, let alone like it.

QFT

Ryth
09-17-2008, 12:33 AM

Dammit, I'm a racist and never even knew it.

Seriously, go smurf yourself. If you're actually taking my post as racist or derogatory to an ethnicity in any sense because Tyler Perry happens to be black, then you're more ignorant and foolish than you could ever claim me to be. I hate his movies and his shows. Me, racist? It's more likely you just have awful taste.

DMKA
09-17-2008, 12:35 AM

Aw lawdy someone call Al Sharpton.

arcanedude34
09-17-2008, 12:36 AM

Seriously, go smurf yourself. If you're actually taking my post as racist or derogatory to an ethnicity in any sense because Tyler Perry happens to be black, then you're more ignorant and foolish than you could ever claim me to be. I hate his movies and his shows. Me, racist? It's more likely you just have awful taste.

QFT again

I must be sexist 'cuz I think Oprah should go die. That's great logic there.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I actually like Tyler' play writes a lot better than his films. But I can't watch either too much. I don't like it that much...

Shlup
09-18-2008, 05:30 AM
I've never seen a Tyler Perry film. Too many black people.

Or the plots just look stupid. Whichever.

Though I admit the previews for this one were mildly interesting. I wouldn't kick it out of bed.

Depression Moon
09-20-2008, 11:43 PM

Ignorance and immaturity do not mean racist. I shouldn't have to explain why and the claim of said people on this site on media that expresses black culture is every example of rap threads on this site and also the issue of the N word.