PDA

View Full Version : Future Comic Book Films

Depression Moon
09-14-2008, 02:11 AM
With Iron Man, The Hulk, and The Dark Knight this year I have seen the comic book genre of movies go into new levels. What I want to discuss is the future of upcoming comic book movies. Watchmen looked great but I heard it might not even come out due to Fox, and I have heard of Thor, The Avengers, and a Captain America movie. There's also Punisher Warzone coming out later this year too. With all the other comic book movies being great this year, I think I'll go see it too.

Roto13
09-14-2008, 02:24 AM
The Watchmen movie had damn well better come out.

But if it doesn't, you can be sure it'll be mysteriously leaked onto the internet.

Moon Rabbits
09-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Scott Pilgrim (http://www.scottpilgrim.com/) should have a movie. Or maybe a TV series.

edit: lulznvm. The website says there will be a movie :O.

charliepanayi
09-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah Scott Pilgrim does have a movie adaptation inthe pipeline, and though the director attached is the excellent Edgar Wright (and Michael Cera as Scott is a good choice) I think any adaptation they make of it will be poor. The surreal elements of the plot will be hard to fit into any live-action movie.

The Watchmen movie will come out I think, though I think it's one of those things which just won't work as a film, it's like fitting ten kilos of plot into a three kilo sack. A TV mini-series might have suited it better.

I reserve the right to withdraw my opinions if on the offchance Scott Pilgrim or Watchmen wind up being really good films! ;)

Spatvark
09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Watchmen will come out. It's not that Fox want to stop the film coming out, they're just a bunch of greedy smurfers, so they're forcing Warner Bros. to cut them in on the money. Sure, Fox has claimed they want to kill it, but it's just talking a big game to get more money out of WB, I reckon.

I'm looking forward to the Whiteout movie, though I'm a little narked that they changed Lily Sharpe into a guy, and Kate Beckinsale isn't really butch enough to play Carrie Stetko, but whatever. The third mini-series needs to hurry up and get published, too.

The Hack/Slash movie will inevitably be a pile of crap, but I don't think anyone will be surprised by that.

Local would actually make an interesting tv series, I think; an episode per issue would really hit the mark, and I imagine it could be done fairly low budget. Fell could be preatty awesome too, if, y'know, Ellis and Templesmith would actually do more of it. I presume it's Ben Templesmith who's slowing it up, with his own Welcome to Hoxford series he's both writing and doing the art for.

Moon Rabbits
09-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah Scott Pilgrim does have a movie adaptation inthe pipeline, and though the director attached is the excellent Edgar Wright (and Michael Cera as Scott is a good choice) I think any adaptation they make of it will be poor. The surreal elements of the plot will be hard to fit into any live-action movie.

NOOOOOOOOOO NOT MICHAEL CERA WHYYYYYY. I am so tired of him playing all the roles of potentially awesome characters and then turning them into his generic "hi I'm the awkwardest boy alive how about that also i am very average looking" characters. I do not think Michael Cera will make a good Scott Pilgrim, like, at all. LAME.

But I agree with the surrealist thing, that'll be hard to translate into live action. Although, it will either be really really cool or god awful when it's done, methinks.

Dreddz
09-14-2008, 04:47 PM
The only comic book movie I know of that's coming on in the future is Watchmen which looks too over-stylized for its own good in my opinion.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Watchmen, Kick-Ass and The Spirit

Pretty mainstream...if not that i guess it will be...especially Watchmen (if done right i guess) lol

Depression Moon
10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh I forgot about the Spirit releasing this year. I've heard word of that The Watchmen will most likely be coming out on time. My brother saw Wanted this year and surprisingly he told me that it was good.
I wonder if the Iron Man sequel will go on to attack Stark's alcohol addicton.

Boney King
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Green Lantern - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern#Movie) -- Green Lantern movie possibility.

Madame Adequate
10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I want an Iron Man sequel because it's nice to see a superhero who isn't QQ emo or some angelic butthoal. Tony Stark = love.