PDA

View Full Version : Break HP Limit + Celestial Weapons

PenguinOfDoom
09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Well, I have threepredicaments:

1) how is it possible to break the HP limit? I've google'd it and can't find anything. I really need this if theres no answer to my second problem

2) I really want the damn celestial weapons with their upgrades, but I'm afraid to get them because of the dark aeons. I can't get Auron's because the Magus Sisters block the way, for example. I have only been able to power up Yuna's (I can power up wakka's if I have the patience to do a hell of a lot of blitzball), as theres a dark aeon blocking either the crest, sigil or weapon for everyone else... Is there a way around this?

Pete for President
09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, I have threepredicaments:

1) how is it possible to break the HP limit? I've google'd it and can't find anything. I really need this if theres no answer to my second problem

2) I really want the damn celestial weapons with their upgrades, but I'm afraid to get them because of the dark aeons. I can't get Auron's because the Magus Sisters block the way, for example. I have only been able to power up Yuna's (I can power up wakka's if I have the patience to do a hell of a lot of blitzball), as theres a dark aeon blocking either the crest, sigil or weapon for everyone else... Is there a way around this?

you can get auron's by travelling from the thunder-temple. You don't have to face the Magus Sisters.

PenguinOfDoom
09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
thanks, I'll try that :)

so about that HP limit breaking.....

Pete for President
09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Break HP Limit is overrated. Go for auto-protect + defense+20% instead. Combined with auto-haste and ribbon it's the ultimate armor.

PenguinOfDoom
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
and so the noob said: "how do i get those?"

forgive my not knowing... anything, but I live in Switzerland, and so the cutscenes are in english but everything else is in german, and since i go to an international school i know almost no german, and have to try my best to understand, though it rarely works

EDIT: without HP limit break thingie will it be possible to beat penance?

Pete for President
09-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes, it is possible to beat penance without Break HP Limit. It's actually easier without it I think.

Anyway, to get auto-protect you will need 80 Light Curtain's if I'm correct. You can get those by fighting a certain creature in the Monster Arena. I believe it was Fenrir, though I'm not 100% sure.

To get auto-haste you'll need Chocobo Wings, which you can get by bribing Machea in the Omega Ruins.

Ribbon armor is a very rare drop from Dark Aeons, or you need 99 dark matter to customize yourself.

Defense +20% is the easiest to get, but I forgot what item you need for customization.

Good luck =)

Vivisteiner
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
^Are you sure that Defense +20% is necessary? Doesnt sound that good to me. Although break HP limit isnt that great ethier.

Oh, and you can just defeat the dark aeons with Zanmato from Yojimbo. Easy.

PenguinOfDoom
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I HATE MY GERMAN VERSION!

i'll try with what you guys have given me for advice (it seems sufficient, thanks :D), but i'm gonna have to guess as to what "dark matter" and "ribbon" are in the german version :(

thanks for all your help

PenguinOfDoom
09-15-2008, 07:15 PM
well, i'm back. As you may well have figured by now, i'm a bit of an FFX nub... anyways, how do i equip "auto-haste" etc. on my armor? I know how to equip stuff onto it but it doesn't appear on the menu.

thanks yet again

also, if anyone else has the german version and understands it can you plz PM me so i can ask for a couple translations?

Pete for President
09-16-2008, 09:37 AM
^Are you sure that Defense +20% is necessary? Doesnt sound that good to me. Although break HP limit isnt that great ethier.

Defense +20% sounds lame indeed, but combined with auto-protect and maxed stats you'll have the highest defense possible. With this, you can survive Dark Yojimbo's wakizashi and Penance' regular attacks with your maxed 9999 hp.

Another advantage over Break HP Limit is that some celestial weapons do more damage when your HP is full. When you use Break HP Limit, you can't heal your character completely in 1 turn by using magic. Using Defense +20%, 1 curaga is usually enough. This saves a lot of X-potions while fighting Dark Yojimbo for Ribbon Armor/Dark Matter.

As for getting Auto-Haste, it would be handy to know at which point in the game you are, what your main characters stats are and if you started the monster arena side-quest yet.

Peter_20
09-16-2008, 10:08 AM
A super-fast character with high Defense who can throw automatic X-Potions and automatically revive other characters is nice.

PenguinOfDoom
09-16-2008, 10:13 AM
well, i've beaten the game. I've almost gotten Aurons sigil.

Pete for President
09-16-2008, 11:10 AM
well, i've beaten the game. I've almost gotten Aurons sigil.

Cool. While you're at it, capture as much monsters as you can. 5-6 of each monster would be perfect. It'll take a while, but you'll want to unlock as many creature creations as possible to be able to get items for stat-maxing and stuff.

Good luck =)

Peter_20
09-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I think it's definitely worth the trouble of finding them, because when you finally get them it feels incredibly sweet to upgrade them.

PenguinOfDoom
09-16-2008, 01:58 PM
honestly I almost never BEAT the monster creations... my best has 6000 health and best stats are all around 70... lol. My aeons arent brilliant either. problem is that I don't know the names of those upgrade items in german >:(, and I also dont know how to make it an option to choose those upgrades, for instance Auto-Protect and Auto-Haste don't show up on the "upgrade" screen...

Peter_20
09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I also dont know how to make it an option to choose those upgrades, for instance Auto-Protect and Auto-Haste don't show up on the "upgrade" screen...You basically need to get the items required for the upgrades.
For example, you'll need 70 Light Curtains for Auto-Protect, and 80 Chocobo Wings for Auto-Haste.
It sounds like a lot, but believe me, it's worth it!
If you combine that with Auto-Potion (only with X-Potions!) and Auto-Phoenix for the whole party, you're almost literally immortal.

PenguinOfDoom
09-17-2008, 08:57 AM
i have 99 chocobo wings but i don't know how to get them other than those 99 i got from the monster arena dude. how do i get more?

and same question for the items needed for the other 3 upgrades

Peter_20
09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
i have 99 chocobo wings but i don't know how to get them other than those 99 i got from the monster arena dude. how do i get more?

and same question for the items needed for the other 3 upgradesDo you know about the Bribe ability?
It lets you give money to the monsters on the condition that they leave you alone, and doing this will give you great items after the battles.
This guide will help you out:

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy X (PS2) Bribe FAQ by CB! (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/197344/15213)

And here's what items to use (search for them in the guide):

AUTO-POTION --- 4 Stamina Tablets
AUTO-PROTECT --- 70 Light Curtains
AUTO-HASTE --- 90 Chocobo Wings
AUTO-PHOENIX --- 20 Mega Phoenix

These Abilities are other good choices:

DEF+20% --- 4 Blessed Gems
AUTO-SHELL --- 80 Lunar Curtains
AUTO-MED --- 20 Remedies
RIBBON --- 99 Dark Matters (!)

You really shouldn't care too much about the Ribbon;
personally I only customize it if I have an extra slot somewhere and I have stocked up on 99 Dark Matters from the Monster Arena.

PenguinOfDoom
09-17-2008, 07:00 PM
thank you again, I owe you :D

Last time I promise. Again this is the cause of my german game.

Can you please describe what kind of monsters these are (example "wolf") so i know who to bribe?

Alcyone
Bashura
Machea

only if you remember what they are ofc.

also there doesnt seem to be a way to bribe Light Tablet, where can I get those?

EDIT: a question i meant to post but forgot, where can I get armor with 4 open slots for me to upgrade? i'm done after this.

Peter_20
09-19-2008, 01:41 PM
thank you again, I owe you :DYou're welcome. :thumb:

Can you please describe what kind of monsters these are (example "wolf") so i know who to bribe?

Alcyone
Bashura
MacheaAlcyone - small flyer: http://www.ffsky.com/ff/zhuanti/ff10/monster/mgallery/ALCYONE.JPG
Bashura: - big orge-dude: http://www.ffonline.com/1_ff10en/bashura.gif
Machea: - spider-ish crawler: http://www.ffsky.com/ff/zhuanti/ff10/monster/mgallery/MACHEA.JPG

also there doesnt seem to be a way to bribe Light Tablet, where can I get those?Do you mean Light Curtain?
In that case, you can get 20 of them by defeating Fafnir at the Monster Arena.
If you Overkill him, which is easy later on, you get 40! :D

EDIT: a question i meant to post but forgot, where can I get armor with 4 open slots for me to upgrade? i'm done after this.If you talked to Wantz on Mt. Gagazet, he will be waiting for you in Macalania Woods.
He sells empty four-slotters of *all* types of equipment. :D

I think you can also get them from various enemies at the Monster Arena (only the stronger ones, of course).

PenguinOfDoom
09-20-2008, 03:44 PM
all my questions are answered!

thank you SO much.

Pete for President
09-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Do you mean Light Curtain?
In that case, you can get 20 of them by defeating Fafnir at the Monster Arena (he's basically a super-strong version of the Bashura).
If you Overkill him, which is easy later on, you get 40! :D

I thought Fafnir was a stronger version of your typical dragon-ish monster :mog:. The stronger version of Bashura is used to get tons of *enter-type-here*-spheres during the AP-trick right?

jeo2388
09-23-2008, 05:24 AM
bashura is actually a fiend from mt. gagazet, not the monster arena. so you should clear that up. Bashura's much stronger version is Kottos, the one who drops 20 healing springs (40 for overkill), w/c can be modified (the drops) using extractors

Peter_20
09-24-2008, 07:44 PM
bashura is actually a fiend from mt. gagazet, not the monster arena. so you should clear that up. Bashura's much stronger version is Kottos, the one who drops 20 healing springs (40 for overkill), w/c can be modified (the drops) using extractorsHm, that's right.
Damn, I hope PenguinOfDoom still hangs around in this thread. XD