PDA

View Full Version : PSP Recommendations.....

Project G
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Need to buy new psp games! Any recomendations?

I already own Crisis Core, MPO, Breath of Fire 3, MG Ac!d, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, Outrun 2006, TR Legend, and TR Anniversary!

European releases only.....And why I should get them!

Note: Saying "Because it owns isnt a real reason!

Vivisteiner
09-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I dont really know what you're into, but...

FFT: The War of the Lions and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, are really awesome if you like SRPGs. FFT has a great story, with complex gameplay and brilliantly animated cutscenes. Disgaea has even better gameplay, really cool characters, but a weaker plot. (Perhaps its more fun, but less impact). Both are long games. I've heard good things about Jeanne D'arc as well, but havent played it.

God of War: Chains of Olympus is an extremely sweet fighting game. The mechanics are perfected and battles are a real joy. The graphics are insane. Unfortunately its a short game (5 hours only), but it can be repeated and stuff many times before it gets boring.

Patapon is great, if you enjoy rhythm games. (It was my first rhythm game). It can however be very difficult at times. The Patapons are really cool and each mission is fun and challenging. There are also quite a few RPG elements to it. Its a fairly long game.

I also have FFI and FFII, which are good if you havent played them and want to get back to FF roots. Dont expect too much though. Without Uematsu's music they would only be half the game they are.

And thats every game I have. Hope I helped.

Project G
09-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I've played FFT and thought it was ok I guess

I'm mainly into RPGs and action!

That Jeanne D'Arc isnt out in the uk is it?

Dreddz
09-15-2008, 09:16 PM
You should definitely look into buying Tekken Dark Resurrection. I don't really need to say why. Its Tekken as it should be, not some gimped version like the GBA one.

Patapon is also a must buy. There's no other game like it and its at a budget price. Nothing much else I need to say.

Wipeout Pulse is also fantastic. Really fast, full of features and a good soundtrack. Its got online multiplayer too.

Other stuff you should look into is Jeanne D'Arc, God of War, Metal Gear Portable Ops, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and Daxter.

Project G
09-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Already have Portable Ops!

Whats PO+ like?

Vivisteiner
09-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Tekken on the PSP is bassically Tekken on the PS2. So if you liked that then you'll like it. I played a bit, and it seemed good, but Im not really a fan of those type of games. (I dont have enough people to play against as well)

I assume Jeanne D'Arc is out in Europe. Havent checked.

Dreddz
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
The PSP is region free so importing is still an option. But I'm sure Jeanne D Arc has been released in Europe, It was released last year in the US.

Croyles
09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I recommend:

Lumines
Patapon
Crisis Core
Wipeout Pulse
Daxter
That Ratchet and Clank game, played it a long time ago, forgot what its called.
Jeanne D'Arc
God of War
FFT War of the Lions (only if your into that sort of stuff)

Ramza Beoulve
09-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Whats PO+ like?It is an extended version focused on online gaming. It has better characteristics for the online, but the story mode gets replaced for a mission-styled mode, that is more like a mode to get ready for playing online.

PO is better IMO, because of the story mode.

Anyway, in recommendations...

God of War
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Patapon
N+
Loco Roco
Daxter
FFI
FFII

black orb
09-16-2008, 02:38 AM
>>> Riiiiidge Racer!.

Elly
09-16-2008, 01:17 PM
forget Tekken, if you want good fighting games get Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Guilty Gear Judgment, both of those are really great fast paced fighters that don't take 3 days to pull off just a single punch or kick like Tekken and it's uber-slow-non-responsive gameplay... too bad a DoA title won't come to the PSP, that's the ultimate fighter when it comes to fast paced action and it's counters are made to punish those that rely on only one move... also as stated above the Wipeout games Pure & Pulse are awesome, for their speed, handling, music, and also online play and DLC... i would also suggest Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron if you like Star Wars or just want a really good action/adventure game, it has a lot of variety in locations/planets and space battles, and the control is a vast improvement over the SW:Battlefront2 port...

Coma
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Jeanne D'Arc
Lumines
N+
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Badge
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
The only other game you need for your PSP is Loco Roco. It is the best game on the PSP, well imo! You have to play it for the time being but just look at this!YouTube - LocoRoco Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKpyScxv0k)

Ramza Beoulve
09-16-2008, 08:39 PM
The only other game you need for your PSP is Loco Roco. It is the best game on the PSP, well imo! You have to play it for the time being but just look at this!YouTube - LocoRoco Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKpyScxv0k)
Why a trailer, if you can get a demo? :)

*Adds Loco Roco to list*

Badge
09-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Why a trailer, if you can get a demo? :)

*Adds Loco Roco to list*

I was in a rush and posted the first cute loco roco thing I could find!!