PDA

View Full Version : Yeah. Clay was great.

Yar
09-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Did you ever have modeling clays growing up?

I loved it. I can't tell you how many oddly-shaped mugs and ashtrays my parents got as gifts. They did hate when the clay was smashed into the carpet and my clothes, though. :D

Even today, I like to dick around with modeling clay every once in a while. I don't let anything sit and dry, but I make odd ball things. I'm not as creative and as skilled as I was before, tough.

What did you make with clay as a kid? I guess this thread can also expand to include thing such as Legos, Play-Doh, Etch-a-Sketch, etc. etc. :greenie:

arcanedude34
09-17-2008, 03:13 AM
I had to make a clay house in art in 7th grade. The day I got it back graded, I took it outside, smashed it on the school sidewalk, and walked home. I hate clay.

rubah
09-17-2008, 03:36 AM
we have clay in the soil.

When my dad built the haybarn, he had a lot of topsoil brought in to level the ground, so when he had a fire burning off whatever he was burning, I got some claydirt mixed with water and fired some handmade pottery!

then I made a little bowl on the wheel at school.

~*~Celes~*~
09-17-2008, 03:49 AM
I used to LOVE play-dough! Big bro and I would make babies with the baby moulds =P

Psychotic
09-17-2008, 04:30 AM
I used to make clay models of all of our family's pets.

Vermachtnis
09-17-2008, 05:18 AM
I made a playdough dinosaur once and it hardened and it broke and then I threw dinosaur guts at my sister.

qwertysaur
09-17-2008, 06:02 AM
I'm still a Lego kid. I doodle on the backs of worksheets. I have a stick of clay on my desk. I still play with Play-dough I sometimes write creative passages that don't mean anything. And finally I make music on random instruments in music stores, even though I can't read sheet music for my life.

DMKA
09-17-2008, 06:14 AM
I remember me and this kid Angel getting in trouble in vacation bible school for making a play-doh penis.

Zeldy
09-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I remember when we'd use it in school in art for a change, and oh my god I was soo crap it xD whatever I made usually fell apart, or was so crap I didn't even want to take home.

Balzac
09-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Whwn I was growing up? I still have that stuff now.

Calliope
09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
http://img.blogcu.com/uploads/clayaiken_7.jpg

I made the Billboard top 40, baby.

cloud_doll
09-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I remember me and this kid Angel getting in trouble in vacation bible school for making a play-doh penis.

haha, my first year of high school I had pottery and one of my friends made a clay penis and the teacher got up in front of the classroom like,
"Who ever made this clay penis is NOT funny. There's nothing funny about a penis! Who made this clay penis??"
I know that she loved saying it, or something.

It was beautiful though, so intricate with veins and all.

Montoya
09-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I made superheroes when I was a kid.