PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

Joachim
09-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Well hello,and thanks for reading!

I'm Joachim, a brand new member from Hungary.
Can anyone tell me the basic rules of FF6?
I mean the counting of AttackPower, Mana, Damage, Chance-to-miss-a-spell and so on.
I'd be very happy about these things.
Thank you.

Jowy
09-17-2008, 05:04 PM
FFVI is extremely simple. You get weapons that are stronger than your current ones almost every time you visit a town. Spells are learned for your other characters at a certain point in the game. At that point, MP growth is affected mainly by levels, certain items can be equipped to increase the +mana gained per level. As for damage, it's entirely based on your character's proficiency in weapons for the most part. Sabin's fist weapons will do more than Relm's paintbrush for example, yet Relm's magic is likely to be more potent. As for spell hit, don't worry about it. Obviously on a boss like Flame Eater, you'll want to use Ice magic. This was made in 1994, so don't expect anything extremely complex. 8-)

Joachim
09-17-2008, 06:38 PM
FFVI is extremely simple. You get weapons that are stronger than your current ones almost every time you visit a town. Spells are learned for your other characters at a certain point in the game. At that point, MP growth is affected mainly by levels, certain items can be equipped to increase the +mana gained per level. As for damage, it's entirely based on your character's proficiency in weapons for the most part. Sabin's fist weapons will do more than Relm's paintbrush for example, yet Relm's magic is likely to be more potent. As for spell hit, don't worry about it. Obviously on a boss like Flame Eater, you'll want to use Ice magic. This was made in 1994, so don't expect anything extremely complex. 8-)

The point is that I want to make a game - absolutely based on the FF6's world and rules.So...I'd like to know the REALLY rules of the game, not just the main ideas.

Roto13
09-17-2008, 08:03 PM
So you want an in depth breakdown of the battle mechanics and stuff? That's kind of a lot to ask. xP

Flying Mullet
09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
See if this Algorithm FAQ from gamefaqs is what you're looking for: GameFAQs: Final Fantasy III (SNES) Algorithms FAQ by Terii Senshi (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/554041/13573)

Joachim
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
See if this Algorithm FAQ from gamefaqs is what you're looking for: GameFAQs: Final Fantasy III (SNES) Algorithms FAQ by Terii Senshi (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/554041/13573)

:D:ty:
AH! Thats the thing I wanted to found. I will examine it, but it have to be good.
Thanks you very much!

EDIT: OH:eek:!

IT'S ABSOLUTELY GOOOOOD STUFF!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN!

Flying Mullet
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Glad I could help. Also, if you have something to add in the future, use the "edit/delete" button instead of double posting.

Joachim
09-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Glad I could help. Also, if you have something to add in the future, use the "edit/delete" button instead of double posting.

Another OH!:eek:
Thank you that you say it, because this is the first forum, that I write in, and I didn't saw that button. Really...I'm not joking, and I didn't mean to be rude.
You are great guys, I hope that someday I can help to you as lot as you helped me.
(Because it was VERY important to me.)

Saber
09-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Make sure you have monsters that put sunglasses on your party for no bad result at all. Also evade dosn't mean anything

Jowy
09-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Fixed in GBA version.

Flying Mullet
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Being blinded in the GBA versions isn't a bad result? :p

blackmage_nuke
09-30-2008, 07:29 AM
I'd like to know how this project turns out...