PDA

View Full Version : Security

blackmage_nuke
09-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Do you people have security guards at your highschools?

Every now and then I hear about how a security guard abused a student or a security guard shot a student but there arent any security gaurds at my school and i cant really imagine there being a guy in uniform with a gun prowling our corridors.

So is security gaurds in highschools a common thing or is it only for specific schools?

Sorry if i kept switching between guards and gaurds, im not sure how its spelt

Coma
09-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Sorry if i kept switching between guards and gaurds, im not sure how its speltl2Firefox

Also, I got tazed at my school. The guard was all "I got a new tazer!", and I was like "DO ME DO ME!". I never requested it again.

rubah
09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
we had one of the city cops that was specifically assigned to high school duty, and I guess he kinda acted like a security guard, but mostly he kept people from speeding and smoking on school grounds. I never thought of him as a guard though

edczxcvbnm
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM
My high school had local police officers(multiple ones) there every day to monitor the school. There were never any problems other than spoiled rich kids trying to act tough and causing drama. The occasional fight to be bad ass and common stuff like that.

Jessweeee♪
09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah, but most people here are just relieved that they don't have to deal with the crap the students at the other school district in our city goes through. It has something like it's very own police force or something. My friend goes to one of those schools and he was suspended for three days for riding the elevator. It was supposed to be a safety hazzard or something.

Heath
09-18-2008, 07:16 PM
There was a police officer who worked with the school to cut down on people going into town during the day and bunking off lessons, but I remember he become an in-joke due to his Scottish accent and his promise to return people to school "sharpish." Supposedly he could walk as fast as the kids ran. But no one there for actual security purposes.

Aerith's Knight
09-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I live in the Netherlands. You know, the country with a propor support system and gun control.

So we had a Janitor named Bert, that was about it. :p

crono_logical
09-19-2008, 07:58 PM
We had dinner ladies patrolling the playgrounds, but that's it :p

Lawr
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
l2Firefox

lrn2meme.

Anyway, the only type of enforcement we have is this police officer in his car who parks across from the High School into the Elementary lot and watches people who speed. I bet he thinks he's slick or something.

Yar
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
No, we never did. We occasionally had lockdowns and drug searches, though. And I also saw a student get arrested for unruliness. :cool:

But our school was actually good with obedience. In fact, I think 95% of my class graduated, which is extremely above average compared with the rest of the nation.

Arc_Master_14
09-20-2008, 05:29 AM
we had have one of the city cops that was are specifically assigned to high school duty, and I guess he kinda acted like a security guard, but mostly he kept keeps people from speeding and smoking on school grounds. I never thought think of him as a guard though He usually is there to check on the countless kids on probabtion

~*~Celes~*~
09-23-2008, 03:24 AM
Anyway, the only type of enforcement we have is this police officer in his car who parks across from the High School into the Elementary lot and watches people who speed. I bet he thinks he's slick or something.

this.

Hambone
09-23-2008, 04:52 AM
We have like a "SRO" which I believe stands for School Resource Officer who fulfills cop-like duties on-campus.