PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Watching YouTube and Other Video Sources...

TyphoonThaReapa
09-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok, everytime I click on a link the directs me to Youtube and a video I get this...

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/).

Now, I checked my Java and as far as I can tell, it is updated and working properly. As for the Adobe Flash Player, I downloaded the update three times and I still get the same message. Anyone can help me out? Thanks...

unfinished fantasy
09-18-2008, 10:58 AM
you need to give more details - what browser, what operating system, etc.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I have Windows XP and I'm using Firefox. Both had their recent updates as well...

Balzac
09-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Mine says that when the video loads faster than the rest of the page. Usually I leave it a second and the video loads up.

o_O
09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
In your browser's address bar, enter "about:config" and hit enter. Then in the filter box type "javascript" and search for "javascript.enabled". In the "value" column it should say "true".

Also check Tools > Options > Content > Enable Javascript is checked (but I'm assuming that's what you already checked. :p).

And finally, can you watch Youtube videos in IE?

TyphoonThaReapa
09-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Lol, I've found the problem guys. When Firefox had it's new update, it also had new Add-ons I agreed to used. One of those add-ons is NoScripts which blocks just about everything that's not naturally for the orinigal site your visting. I went to the options and Java Blocking and Adobe Block was enable. I simply turn the blocks off and now it's cool. Thanks for the help anyway guys. I appreciate it...^_^

Rostum
09-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd be sure to keep using NoScript though, it makes surfing the web a lot safer.

Big D
09-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I think that's exactly the same problem I had for a while - though I believe I got around it by clicking the 'upgrade Flash player' or whatever link YouTube offered.