PDA

View Full Version : Do you respect your elders!? I DON'T!

A Most Loved Man
09-19-2008, 05:37 PM
tweedledee :chuckle:

Greetings again, my Old Friends On EoFF! Your Good Friend, A Most Loved Man, has returned to his Friends on EoFF after a LOOOOOOOONG Summer Vacation where he spent every minute of every hour of every day bringing untold pleasure to countless hundreds of men and women! :eek:

But that is a tale for another time! :tongue:

For A Most Loved Man's topic of discussion today is:

Do you respect your elders!? :eek:

BECAUSE I DO NOT! :nonono:

Today, A Foolish Old Woman made the mistake of jumping in front of the queue where A Most Loved Man had been standing patiently for TEN WHOLE MINUTES to pay for his DVD. :mad2:

A Most Loved Man shouted "Hey, A Foolish Old Woman! Get your wrinkly 70-year old ass to the back of the queue and wait for your turn! :mad2:"

She then proceeded to yell many rude cuss words at A Most Loved Man, until A Most Loved Man told her TO SHUT HER YAP! :chuckle:

A Most Loved Man DOES NOT respect his elders! :radred: ESPECIALLY when they queue jump! Queue jumping is never acceptable is any aspect of modern civilised society!

Do you respect YOUR elders!?!?!?! :confused:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! :roll:

Christmas
09-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I sure respect that old man Psychotic, I even offered him rat poison so that he can kick the bucket out of this world. :bigsmile:

Psychotic
09-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I sure respect that old man Psychotic, I even offered him rat poison so that he can kick the bucket out of this world. :bigsmile:It tastes like purple. :)

I respect anyone who has earned my respect. Being born before me is not a way of earning my respect, though.

I Don't Need A Name
09-19-2008, 05:45 PM
no one respects psy!

Old Manus
09-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh please God no

Leeza
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Oh please God no
That was also my thought. :)

Dolentrean
09-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I call people older than me "Kid". What do you think?

bipper
09-19-2008, 06:06 PM
We all respect Flying Mullet.

- kinda.

Bunny
09-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I respect those who deserve it.

Linus
09-19-2008, 06:12 PM
God I love smilies.

~*~Celes~*~
09-19-2008, 06:25 PM
I respect those who deserve it. If I don't think you deserve my respect, you won't get it, plain and simple.

Leeza
09-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice edit, bipper. :)

I agree that respect goes to those who deserve it, regardless of age. :cat:

theundeadhero
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Queue jumping is almost as bad as line jumping.

Momiji
09-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Oh no, not this http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif again...

scrumpleberry
09-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I respect anyone over thirty a little more than younger people automatically. But if they're still stupid, obnoxious or mean, I'll treat them just as I'd treat anyone like that who is younger - sometimes worse. Old people (70<?) get instant respect for being fairly adorable, but if I don't like them I'll just leave them be.

bipper
09-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Nice edit, bipper. :)

I respected you too much to keep it that way :D

Roto13
09-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I respect everyone until they show me that don't deserve it. Life is better that way.

scrumpleberry
09-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I respect everyone until they show me that don't deserve it. Life is better that way.

Yes :)

bipper
09-19-2008, 08:37 PM
With this answer, how easy is respect to lose. And :

what if you are acting disrespectful when you loose respect for someone else?
What if you are trolling, and they get trolled.
Isn't respect a temporal part of a person?
Don't we all lash out, or say something with ignorance or stupidity once in a while?
If we try too hard to be objectively respectful, wouldn't we loose respect for ourselves?
Wouldn't one who has no respect for themselves be a bit disrespectful.
What about Aretha Franklin?

NeoCracker
09-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I respect no one, cause it's only so long before they are going to do something stupid and piss me off, so I find it best to not get my hopes up about them and treat everyone like http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif from the get go. ^_^

Roto13
09-19-2008, 09:04 PM
With this answer, how easy is respect to lose. And :

what if you are acting disrespectful when you loose respect for someone else?
What if you are trolling, and they get trolled.
Isn't respect a temporal part of a person?
Don't we all lash out, or say something with ignorance or stupidity once in a while?
If we try too hard to be objectively respectful, wouldn't we loose respect for ourselves?
Wouldn't one who has no respect for themselves be a bit disrespectful.
What about Aretha Franklin?

Then the world implodes.
Then I fart in their direction.
Isn't your face a temporal part of a donkey's butt?
Nope.
Not if you have integrity. :spin:
They're too busy hiding under a blanket.
Her name sounds like "Urethra."

Denmark
09-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Queue jumping is almost as bad as line jumping.

What are your feelings on stack jumping? (PROTIP: be a computer science major)

Why have A Most Loved Man, Christmas, and Linus all come back around the same time and posted in the same thread? I don't respect any of them, anyway. Maybe Linus a little bit, because he is indeed my elder.

On-topic, yes, typically.

Yar
09-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I find it easier to try to be polite anyway. That doesn't mean I haven't called a few old people bad names in my days. :eep:

I'm not going to be an asshole upfront. It's rude and disrespectful.

Linus
09-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Becaaaause I am bored and unemployed, and out of school for the first time in 16 years.

Apocalypse.Origin
09-20-2008, 12:56 AM
I respect anyone who has earned my respect. Being born before me is not a way of earning my respect, though.

DMKA
09-20-2008, 01:10 AM
I respect Dr Unne and BOU. And their relationship.

Yamaneko
09-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Why do people think they deserve respect?

Tallulah
09-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Long time no see, A Most Loved Forum Member! :D

A lot of old people here are so rude! Respect has to be earned. :mad2:

Misfit
09-20-2008, 05:50 PM
:greenie:

Heath
09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Given that pensioners seem to run North Wales anyway and that I work in a shop that depends on pensioners buying lottery tickets and confectionery to stay open, despite them sometimes quickly getting on my nerves (sometimes should probably be 'regularly'), I am respectful towards them. And respect them if they're polite and reasonable which a lot of them aren't.

Montoya
09-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Eh, I don't think people deserve more respect if they are older. That aside, I respect most people, that is, until they lose it and from then on I'm cautious.

cloud_doll
09-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I respect my elders.
It's just the way it's always been; someone who is just more mature then me earns my respect. They can use or abuse it, but in a way I'll have have some respect for them.

zaqwert
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I respect my elders just as long as they respect me, even if they choose to not respect me. I can't bring it to myself to disrespect any of my elders with great wisdom.

smittenkitten
09-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Well I would let the eldery go first on the bus, even if I was there first. I'm just brought up that way I guess. If they skipped me in the queue at a shop however I would be pretty pissed. i wouldn't say anything to the eldery person but I would think a lot to myself. :mad2: