PDA

View Full Version : Well this is new.

Markus. D
09-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Grand Theft Auto: Grand Theft Auto Helps Preteen Rescue Family From Crashed Car (http://kotaku.com/5044866/grand-theft-auto-helps-preteen-save-familys-lives)

Eh, discuss.

CimminyCricket
09-20-2008, 07:59 AM
That's pretty cool.

DMKA
09-20-2008, 08:17 AM
How did that accident have anything at all to do with GTA?

Jesus I miss when games were actually fun and not social debate tool.

LunarWeaver
09-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Back in my day we didn't have Nico to let us know that you should help people in a car accident! Kids these days are spoiled!

blackmage_nuke
09-20-2008, 09:03 AM
I think they were grabbing at straws for a twist on thier feel good story. Impressive for a young girl to rescue her family but I cant imagine she wouldve done any less had she not played gta. Now if it was something like "FFVII taught me how to perform cpr" I would be swayed.

edit: Isnt the best thing to do in this situation be to wait for the ambulance and emergency services to arive rather than try and pull them out or even move them and risking damage to thier internal organs? If anything she mightve put them in even more danger (not that i blame her, she is just 11).

Spatvark
09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
What the amazing thing is in this story, is that the fat lump of a mother actually managed to fit through the back window.

Isnt the best thing to do in this situation be to wait for the ambulance and emergency services to arive rather than try and pull them out or even move them and risking damage to thier internal organs? If anything she mightve put them in even more danger (not that i blame her, she is just 11).

If the car were to catch fire, and they just sat there, emergency services wouldn't have had anyone to treat, just pieces to pick up. Typically, yes, you leave an injured person in situ, but there are always exceptions to the rule.