PDA

View Full Version : You shouldn't've did that.

Montoya
09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
So I was down in LA this Friday to see a concert and my friend who was so anxious to see the show printed out the directions from mapquest. Problem was, he only printed the directions to the location, not back. :eep: Goddamn, we had to explain to him how the roads aren't the same when you come back. So we were lost for a good amount of time, and if it wasn't for his girlfriend asking for directions, we still would have been there. I hate to fit into the stereotype of every comedian, but I hate asking for directions. We got back, around four in the morning.

So, have you ever been lost somewhere and how did you find your way back?

Bunny
09-22-2008, 08:54 AM
I think I've been lost once or twice in my life and neither was significant.

CimminyCricket
09-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah, my mom came and got me. xD

zaqwert
09-22-2008, 10:07 PM
There was this one time I was lost in the hometown when I was dropped off at the wrong school! I had to walk to right school on the other end of the city, and I got lost twice. Fortunately, I found the right road that leads to my school.

I don't want to do that again.

cloud_doll
09-23-2008, 12:53 AM
I went to the zoo with my friend and her sister, and on the way back her sister took the wrong exit and went almost 100 miles out of the way, and was too scared to get off because she's afraid of people or something like that.
It was ridiculous!

Aerith's Knight
09-23-2008, 01:20 AM
YouTube - funny southpark clip: u shouldnt have done dat hes jus a boy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K83ZqdhQUc)

I had too.

Yar
09-23-2008, 02:48 AM
My mom is terrible with directions. She gets lost in Columbus all the time. So she has to let a MAN (i.e. me) get her unlost, because men are just infinitely better in that respect :p.

Usually if I go to a place once, I know how to get there again.

Yamaneko
09-23-2008, 06:49 AM
I get lost in Louisiana all the time too.

Vermachtnis
09-23-2008, 06:58 AM
I'm always lost, it's just that at times I'm not as lost as others. I easily get lost in my hometown going from Wal*Mart to Sonic, they're across the street from one another and I needed to go left and of course I went right. The first time I went to ETSU to bug my friends I got super lost in Johnson City. Now as long as I go straight to the school and back I won't get too lost

Shlup
09-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I feel you, Montoya. Except it's usually me who forgets to print directions back. -_-;

A few years ago my husband (then boyfriend) and I went to a friend's wedding. It also happened to be the day we got back from Hawaii, so we hadn't slept and had just landed a couple of hours before the wedding started.

The real reason we got lost, though, was that my husband got wasted with his friends and, when I was attempting to drive home, passed out from tired/drunk and would not wake up to give me directions. Fortunately this wedding was at the beach so I just followed the ocean South until I found a freeway. Took about an hour extra time but my genius (read: if ocean is on the right, I am going south! yay!) saved the day.

Miriel
09-23-2008, 07:29 AM
I get lost all the freakin' time.

Doesn't matter if I have printed directions and a GPS and it's a location I've been to before. I can still get myself lost. And that's when I ring up people and bother them for directions. :D