PDA

View Full Version : Autumnal Equinox

Nominus Experse
09-22-2008, 03:31 PM

Aerith's Knight
09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
http://kateanddustinwedding.com/fall_lake.jpg

If it doesn't rain too much, it's my favorite season. :)

Sergeant Hartman
09-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I think we skip that season in Wales.

Flying Mullet
09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
I love autumn, especially the crisp, cool air, but we won't see it in Southest Texas for at least another month. :(

Momiji
09-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I fucking LOVE autumn. It's my favorite time of the year, and my online namesake as well! (Momiji = 'Autumn Colors' or 'Maple' in Japanese.)

Autumn is so amazing-- the weather is gorgeous, the colors are beautiful, my allergies go away, it's simply the best. Call me a fanatic if you will. :kaolove:

scrumpleberry
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Autumn is the most gorgeous season of the year. Definitely my favourite (unless you count the christmas season as a season in it's own right.) Collecting chestnuts was the best thing to do as a kid. I even tend to like the autumn fashions better than other seasons x)

Montoya
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Autumn here is nothing more than a mild summer. It's still hot during the day, and the night is actually pretty decent. Winter, NOW that's when the party starts.

mooglebunni608
09-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I like autumn because it's chilly but there's no snow to get into my shoes and thrown in my face. It's got pretty colors too, and it smells nice outdoors :3
And then there's pumpkin pie and Jack-o-Lanterns and leaf piles and candy and I can wear footless tights without feeling like I'm out of season and scarves and boots and warm jackets but no puffy winter coats!

I think the only thing I don't like is the town's scare-crow contests, which actually give me nightmares, T_T.

Roto13
09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I prefer the cold to the heat so Fall is great. And only one more season until it's Winter again. :D

Zeldy
09-22-2008, 05:08 PM

yeah, unless Autumn is filled with over-cast clouds, rain & bitter winds it's skipped in England too.

~*~Celes~*~
09-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I like the feeling you get when you come inside after being out in the chilly air for a while and you drink some hot chocolate :D

I like autumn the best when it's cool enough that you need a sweater, but not so cool that you need your winter jacket and your gloves.

Shauna
09-22-2008, 07:55 PM

yeah, unless Autumn is filled with over-cast clouds, rain & bitter winds it's skipped in England too.

Scotland too. Someone could have just saved all this bother and said UK! :p

scrumpleberry
09-22-2008, 08:06 PM

It always happens where I am, for a few weeks at least...(Bitter winds is a very autumn thing imo, and rain is just England really)

Zeldy
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM

It always happens where I am, for a few weeks at least...(Bitter winds is a very autumn thing imo, and rain is just England really)

well whereabouts are you? down South? you get all the nice weather :p

I Don't Need A Name
09-22-2008, 08:17 PM

well whereabouts are you? down South? you get all the nice weather :p

nah, she's northern!
yeah, autumn & winter in england arent really that much different
cold & wet. thats why i love it :D

~*~Celes~*~
09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Alan tells me it gets too cold to snow. Is this true? :(

EDIT: In winter, that is.

Zeldy
09-22-2008, 08:22 PM

yeah, we just get frost and ice xD some places get snow, like the East, I haven't seen any in the North West since I was a little kid though. I used to love it.

~*~Celes~*~
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM

yeah, we just get frost and ice xD some places get snow, like the East, I haven't seen any in the North West since I was a little kid though. I used to love it.

Well, he's northwest too, so...

Aww man, no snow :( I'll just have mom send me some snow in a cooler or something I guess...

I Don't Need A Name
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
its not that it gets too cold
its cause its too wet for it to settle xD

Marshall Banana
09-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Bring snow to me! :snowman: :snowgirl:

Yar
09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Fall is here so hockey season is right around the corner. :monster:

Momiji
09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Bring snow to me! :snowman: :snowgirl:

I'll buy the popsicles and boil some water.

Miriel
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I love the Fall because here in California, that means that it's just a milder and gentler version of summer. I really wish the landscape around here would change colors, but we don't get that kind of foliage around these parts. :(

Sir Lancealot
09-23-2008, 01:00 AM
What is this? It's not autumn, it's spring:nonono:

cloud_doll
09-23-2008, 01:07 AM
In Florida it stays hot until probably November. And there are even days in December that are hot (last year before christmas I went to the beach =/)

But there are days, like today, that it's cloudy and windy, and not so humid, and it feels so great!

Yar
09-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Autumn just means it's spring in Australia.

Lawr
09-23-2008, 02:37 AM
You guys haven't experienced a REAL Autumn until you've come to an Autumn in Michigan.

Yar
09-23-2008, 02:38 AM
You guys haven't experienced a REAL Autumn until you've come to an Autumn in Michigan.

I have. And I can tell you, It's not much different than here.

Granted, I don't live that far away. :rolleyes2

Lawr
09-23-2008, 02:39 AM

I have. And I can tell you, It's not much different than here.

Granted, I don't live that far away. :rolleyes2

I'd expect Canada to be quite the same so yeah ...

Sir Lancealot
09-23-2008, 03:06 AM
Autumn just means it's spring in Australia.

No, spring just means it's autumn in the USA.

Zeromus_X
09-23-2008, 03:17 AM
I do love autumn because it's not as cold as winter, and the temperature actually goes below 90 degrees on occasion. Too bad we don't get any foliage or anything. =/

rubah
09-23-2008, 03:20 AM
I like fall pretty well; the dry air is awesome.

It felt like spring today, though since the grounds staff mowed the lawns and weed-eated (weed-ate?), so it was a little humid, very hot and delicious smelling.

Yamaneko
09-23-2008, 06:48 AM
The smog is a little less suffocating and the winds a little more infuriating.

Rye
09-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Autumn is my very favorite season. I'm excited to experience that on campus, since it's said to be amazingly beautiful.

rubah
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
okay, I have a question for your ozzites or whatever you call yourself. Someone told me that some weather bureau said that the true beginning of seasons started on the first of a month, and I just have to be like "what?"