PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Remake for DS

Twilite99
09-23-2008, 12:20 AM
as we know, final fantasy 1-4 have been remade and remastered. why not continue with 5? here i offer my suggestions for the new version(hopefully for ds). all suggestions,advice,criticism are welcome.:choc2:
as we know, ff5 is famous for the longest list of available jobs in final fantas history, and with the GBA version, it offered 4 new job classes. thus adding even more popularity. however some people believe they come to late in the game to do any good. and i agree, for the most part. anyway, here is MY suggestions for the job list that should be featured in ff5(DS).
--------------_______________________________------------------
:fencing:
Basic Classes(the first ones you get)

Knight.
Rouge.
Martial Artist.
Black Mage.
White Mage.
Red Mage.

Berserker
Rune Knight
Samurai
Arcanist Mage(on second run)
Ranger
Engineer(on second run)
Summoner

Fire Crystal

Devout
Magus
Dragoon
Paliden(on second run)
Dark Knight(on second run)
Gambler
Viking
Alchemist

Bard
Rune Archer
Beast Master
Treasure Hunter(on second run)
PictoMancer(on second run)
Feral Fighter(on 3rd run)

Death Knight(on second run, only if you already have necromancer)
DragonLord
Dancer
Sage(on second run)
Gambler
Geomancer
Rune Berserker(on 3rd run)

Gladiator
Oracle
Cannoner
Red Wizard(on second run)

Necromancer
Doom Knight(on 2nd run, if you already have death knight)
ChaosMancer(on 3rd run, if you already have doom Knight)

Original light(after you lose galuf,on 3rd run)
SwordSwinger(starting your 2nd run)
GunSlinger(upon starting your 2nd run)

Questions i will happily answer.
what is a "martial artist"
a mix of monk and black belt. it learns "boost" and "Arts" at later job levels"
---------------------
why did you add "rune"
it means that is an advanced version of the class it states, that can use mystic knight skills(ff5) and celes's "runic" (ff6)
---------------------
what the hell is "feral fighter"
it is a mix of beastmaster,berskerker,martial artist and viking.
---------------------
what is "ultimatums"?
the "onion knight(ff3DS)" mixed with freelancer and mime.
it can wear ANY armor, use ANY weapon/shield. all abilities, and magic and arts"
--------------------
any other questions, plz ask.
:magus:
Twilite99 out for now

Heath
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
I'd be quite happy for them to keep FFV as it is if they remade it. I've not bought FFIV-DS yet to see how the additions to that game have worked out and I've still not played the GBA version to try the new job classes, but I'm pretty happy with how FFV is at the moment. Some nice updates to the quality of the music and the graphics wouldn't go amiss though.

Wolf Kanno
09-30-2008, 03:46 PM
I feel V is in pretty good shape to be honest in the gameplay department. I feel they should pull a FFT:WotL and for the most part keep it the way it is. If they do decide to keep the classes introduced from the GBA version, I only ask that you acquire them earlier (like around the time Galuf bites the big one) cause despite being unique and fun, they are all practically useless on arrival since you get them so freaking late in the game.

As for your suggestions Twilite99, I just wish to point out that many of those classes already exist in the game (Pictomancer is basically the Trainer class) and my issue is that some of those classes may break the delicate balance the game has to offer in terms of difficulty.

For what I personally want, I would prefer a console remake, full (and good) voice acting, retouched music, and increased difficulty like FFIV. V is easily one of my favorites in the series and like Heath, I'm pretty happy with it. :D

Levian
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
For me, much of the excitement in FFV comes from not knowing which ability you get when you gain a job level, so I hope they ditch some abilities, gets some new ones or whatever.

demondude
10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Bartz should be changed to Butz, and he should look like my avatar, but in 3-D form.

Roogle
10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
It would be nice to see some of the newer jobs in Final Fantasy incorporated into the older title to make Final Fantasy V an authority on the job class system in the role-playing game world.

sdm42393
10-03-2008, 01:54 AM
full (and good) voice acting,

If it stuck with the more humorous script of the GBA version I could see it having laughably cheesy voice acting. :D I wouldn't mind that.

Jowy
10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Rouge.
Rouge.
Rouge.

ROGUE, MOTHERFUCKER. SPELL IT PROPERLY OR DELETE YOUR FUCKING CHARACTER.

Karellen
10-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Change the character designs to make them look like the Amano art rather then the bland nonsense that ended up in the game.

That's about it. Anything else would require a complete restructuring of the game, which I wouldn't raise my hopes high enough to expect.

Dr. Acula
10-04-2008, 05:16 AM
It should be like the GBA version, but with voice acting and 3D graphics.

I don't know whether I want the character designs to be close to the original Amano art or like the in-game sprites. I rather like Faris' purple hair, but the Amano designs would look better in-game. I guess we'll have to wait and see.:D

Twilite99
10-07-2008, 10:08 PM
thanks for teh replies.

Blue Harvest
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
They shouldn't add new job classes that are a mix of old ones with the same abilities, but a few new ones like Gambler and Dark Knight/Paladin would be good. I also agree that the new GBA jobs should be reused and gotten when Galuf dies (the crystal shatters, so it should give new jobs. Same with the other three from the second world).

Tevious
01-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I just hope that they take some time to expand on the story and characters to give it as much depth as possible. Let FFV have a re-imaging to give it a breath of fresh air and to modernize it, yet at the same time stay familiar to the original game.

Lets not have every map remain almost 100% identical, tile for tile; essentially making the game the same but in 3D. If people want to play the original, then there's more than enough versions of it already.

Make the DS version as if they were making the game for the 1st time with the same concepts and general story.

Unstoppable Pig
01-22-2009, 11:41 AM
This scene redone in as FMV. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-N4ldCD0tE)

sdm42393
01-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Change the character designs to make them look like the Amano art rather then the bland nonsense that ended up in the game.

I'm usually one for going by the Amano art but I thought it was terrible for this game.