PDA

View Full Version : Help playing FF11 at school

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Ok, I am so irritated. I am paying 26k a year in tuition here at college and I can't even log into FF11. It is as if it is blocked, which I believe is what is up. I've been reading up on Port Forwarding and seeing how Im computer stupid, can someone help me. I'd really like to continue playing and not cancel my account due to this POS school and their panzy ass IT department.

o_O
09-23-2008, 03:19 AM
Chances are that the school's router(s) have the necessary ports required to play FFXI for security (and possibly bandwidth) reasons. If you're using your own router then you can try opening the required ports in there, but remember that the traffic still needs to go through the school router. If that is the case, then there's probably not a lot you can do, short of asking the IT department nicely.

rubah
09-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Our techs are pretty reasonable about stuff like this (xbox live, routers for your wii, etc) so just ask about it. odds are someone else already has

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-23-2008, 03:29 AM
I'll ask tommorrow, but our IT people ain't that helpful, but don't hurt to try.

Rostum
09-24-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't know, you don't pay that money to play games. You pay it for the education. Surely that's how the college will see it also.

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't know, you don't pay that money to play games. You pay it for the education. Surely that's how the college will see it also.

Ok mother. That don't help much but it would be nice to have something to do seeing how I have absolutly no prob with my class work and my school is in the middle of no where with the closest place to go do anyting is 70 miles away.

Momiji
09-24-2008, 08:10 PM

Ok mother. That don't help much but it would be nice to have something to do seeing how I have absolutly no prob with my class work and my school is in the middle of no where with the closest place to go do anyting is 70 miles away.

There's no need to get so irritated. He has a point, after all. If I was spending that much on college tuition, I too would be focusing more on my work instead of playing mass-time-sucking games. While you have a right to be upset, did you ever consider an alternative game or hobby? That may solve your problem right there.

scrumpleberry
09-24-2008, 08:20 PM
If you really want, talk to the ICT tech instead of trying to do anything yourslef. It's their turf, and they won't appreciate it if you start fiddling to make things fit your gaming without their permission.