PDA

View Full Version : Luck

Rye
09-23-2008, 03:45 AM
Today was supposed to be the worst day of my life, because Huxley was leaving me to go home to England tonight. We got to the airport and apparently, my lips and the skin around my eyes were grey, because I was so close to fainting. I was trying hard not to throw up as we approach the check-in desk. We get to check in, and apparently, he missed the international plane check-in by 20 minutes. So he's here until Wednesday. We have a whole day tomorrow after my class to have one last adventure.

I've never been so happy and relieved in my life. I will live these 41 hours together to the fullest and happiest I possibly can. I dunno if it's luck or, what's more likely to me, the power of the subconscious mind a la Freud (basically, nothing happens by accident and that if you really don't want something to happen, your mind can make you ill or change actions to make your wish come true), but this is a blessing. I collapsed into him and just clung after it really hit me what happened.

---

Talk about happy lucky things that have happened to you.

Madame Adequate
09-23-2008, 03:48 AM
Today was supposed to be the worst day of my life, because I was leaving me to go home to England tonight. We got to the airport and Jessica's lips and the skin around my eyes were grey, because she was so close to fainting. I was trying hard not to throw up as we approach the check-in desk. We get to check in, and apparently, I missed the international plane check-in by 20 minutes. So I'm here until Wednesday. We have a whole day tomorrow after my class to have one last adventure.

I've never been so happy and relieved in my life. I will live these 41 hours together to the fullest and happiest I possibly can. I dunno if it's luck or, what's more likely to her, the power of the subconscious mind a la Freud (basically, nothing happens by accident and that if you really don't want something to happen, your mind can make you ill or change actions to make your wish come true), but this is a blessing. I collapsed into her and just clung after it really hit me what happened.

Christmas
09-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Are you gonna die or something? :(

Well, I am lucky enough that my sailing ended early and managed to make it back for Dan's Birthday. :bigsmile:

Peegee
09-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Two very lucky things come to mind:

- The condom broke. No baby PGs came from that. I was so scared. I never told my partner but if she were pregnant I would 'throw her down the stairs'. (What I would actually do is more sinister, doesn't involve coat hangers or anything deranged like that, but wouldn't be worth telling)

- I was late driving Chemical to work one day. Driving down the street I accelerated to pass traffic and apparently went 40 over the speed limit. This would have translated to me losing all of my (US equivalent of) 'demerit points', completely messing up my car insurance, and Chemical would not be able to drive my car ever again.

Instead, what happened was that I never updated my driver license address. So the police officer, in an act of complete pity, gave me a ticket for THAT instead. I'd gladly pay money to avoid the consequences of what I outlined above.

Those 5-10 minutes were the longest ones I have experienced in a long while.

Evastio
09-23-2008, 04:00 AM
I always consider myself lucky that I procrastinate at doing things yet I always get them done in the end (like right now).

Yar
09-23-2008, 04:05 AM
I wouldn't consider myself lucky by any means, but I sure as hell try not to take anything I have for granted. I try to walk a mile a day simply because I could be a paraplegic, but I'm not. My brother, who actually COULD have been paralyzed because he was born with spina bifida does nothing but sit on his ass all day. I'm like: "Dude, you have no idea how lucky you are. You really should do more things than just play video games all damn day."

rubah
09-23-2008, 04:08 AM
my dog is alive; his brother wasn't fully formed and was stillborn, his mom died after birthing them, he got parvo in between his parvo shots, he was hit by a car and messed up his back. He's a lucky puppy.

For myself, having a lot of good people around me is my luck.

Marshall Banana
09-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Of course today is lucky! It's strawberry day!

Today I used the last of my strawberry shampoo, washed with strawberry shower gel, and dried myself with my strawberry towel. I dressed in my strawberry undies, and I put strawberry balm on my lips. I slipped strawberry sandals on my feet before I drove to a store to buy ice trays, and, later, I made strawberry slush. Now I'm drinking strawberry water.

Be yummy.

Yamaneko
09-23-2008, 04:16 AM
If you would have gotten the goodbyes out of the way today you wouldn't be so sad on Wednesday, but now you'll be miserable Wednesday and only Friday will provide you with any solace.

Moon Rabbits
09-23-2008, 04:30 AM
I have my parents' luck, therefore I am one unlucky motherfucker.

XxSephirothxX
09-23-2008, 04:36 AM
and you're still going to class?

One time I walked into traffic but I didn't get hit by the oncoming SUV. The driver stuck his head out the window and yelled at me as they went by though.

Rye
09-23-2008, 04:41 AM
I missed too much class between being sick and just general cba this week. If it was Tues/Thurs, I could skip, since it's just Japanese which is easy to catch up on, but Music Theory and Math are a bitch to make up. So unfortunately, I have to go. Though I bet I'll just end up leaving because of my disturbing the class with my bawwwwin'

Tavrobel
09-23-2008, 04:43 AM
We got to the airport and apparently, my lips and the skin around my eyes were grey, because I was so close to fainting. I was trying hard not to throw up as we approach the check-in desk.

Close to fainting... trying hard not to throw up.

Trying hard not to throw up.

Throw up.

You sound pregnant.

As for me, I'm a damn lucky son-of-a-gun. Or maybe my secret passive ability is to force roll'd 20s. Who knows why the WCIII engine works like that life works like that. Seems unfair. But you know what? I can only say "hah."

Rye
09-23-2008, 04:46 AM
The baby is about to pop out after my 10 day gestation period. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Spatvark
09-23-2008, 04:55 AM
I just know I shouldn't post this...

The baby is about to pop out after my 10 day gestation period. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Sounds about right. *points at gory attachment*

Rye
09-23-2008, 04:56 AM
More like 10 hours :bigsmile:

Momiji
09-23-2008, 04:59 AM
I just know I shouldn't post this...

Sounds about right. *points at gory attachment*

Oh loooooook! It looks like it's saying 'Haiiiiiiiiiii~'! How cute!

*waves back* :heart:

rubah
09-23-2008, 05:20 AM
man, that's definitely not how I pictured that scene

Momiji
09-23-2008, 05:51 AM
man, that's definitely not how I pictured that scene

Anything can be cute if you put it in the right mindset.

Turn in your man cards, now! :mad2:

I like the calligraphy on them, though!

You held onto them as long as you could, eh? /Cox

You know what I've been doing? I mean besides listening to my Alanis Morrisette CD to get pumped up to talk to you. Here.

*gives you the last one*

I still want that hug.

cloud_doll
09-23-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't have muc luck at all =(
But I live.

Like one time I got stuck at an airport for 12 hours when I was 15 =( And my car is stuck in 3rd gear =((

But yeah. Sorry for my negativity.
Maybe today something reallyyy lucky will happen!

Araciel
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Luck is an illusion.

Also I found 5,000 dollars once.

Nominus Experse
09-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Luck is an illusion.

Also I found 5,000 dollars once.
That was mine - you ought to send it back.

Tavrobel
09-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Fonzie, did you delete your own posts to make it look like Momiji triple posted? C'mon now. This thread is not about cute things, it's about Rye's new baby.

Way to delete posts as I was about to call for /b/lackup.

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
We got to the airport and apparently, my lips and the skin around my eyes were grey, because I was so close to fainting. I was trying hard not to throw up as we approach the check-in desk.

Close to fainting... trying hard not to throw up.

Trying hard not to throw up.

Throw up.

You sound pregnant.

As for me, I'm a damn lucky son-of-a-gun. Or maybe my secret passive ability is to force roll'd 20s. Who knows why the WCIII engine works like that life works like that. Seems unfair. But you know what? I can only say "hah."

EoFF superbabies unite?

escobert
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
I think I missed 3 flights home when I first went to Chicago to meet liz. it gave us an extra 8 or so hours :D

Spatvark
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
EoFF superbabies unite?

With your powers combined, I am...

CAPTAIN COATHANGER!

Momiji
09-23-2008, 08:46 PM
EoFF superbabies unite?

CAPTAIN COATHANGER!

Coathanger?

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/coathanger.jpg

Levian
09-23-2008, 10:59 PM
I was going to bypass some person who occupied the whole sidewalk somehow, so I rang the bell, then she moved, and then a pigeon shat on her head where she moved. It was great, and I was directly responible for it, making it feel even better as I cruised down the road way ahead of her.

Don't occupy the sidewalk, kids.

arcanedude34
09-23-2008, 11:07 PM
EoFF superbabies unite?

CAPTAIN COATHANGER!

Coathanger?

That picture of Aeris (I think) wih the coat hanger is my default picture on a few sites. I love VG Cats. >_<

Oh yeah. The topic. : P

I think the luckiest thing I can ever say happened to me would be that of all the 15+ times my dog has gotten loose, we've always gotten him back. And anyone who knows Siberian Huskies know that when they get loose, they run.

One time my stupid dog got lost two house down the street, and hid under my next-to-next-door neighbors' porch table and growled at them when they got home. They called the cops, and we called the cops, then they told us to go get him. : P

Oh, but the luckiest time would be one day after school, he had gotten loose. I used to get a ride from my parents' friend, and that day I had forgotten my front door key. So I went around back and saw him standing well-outside his chained-n area. My heart jumped a beat, and he booked it. A few minutes later, for some reason, he walked back and let me hook him back up. Had I not lost my key that day, Zeus would probably have been gone forever, as I wouldn't have noticed for another few hours. Although that's more of an amazing coincidence than luck, I guess.

Momiji
09-23-2008, 11:10 PM
EoFF superbabies unite?

CAPTAIN COATHANGER!

Coathanger?

That picture of Aeris (I think) wih the coat hanger is my default picture on a few sites. I love VG Cats. >_<

I could care less about it, because I rarely get a chuckle out of it. However, I found that comic to be rather fitting for the topic at hand.

arcanedude34
09-23-2008, 11:18 PM
EoFF superbabies unite?

CAPTAIN COATHANGER!

Coathanger?

I could care less about it, because I rarely get a chuckle out of it. However, I found that comic to be rather fitting for the topic at hand.
Really? VG Cats is one of the only things that still gets a chuckle out of me consistently anymore. Homestar Runner still does too...

Lynx
09-24-2008, 12:50 AM
well im still alive thats about the extent of my luck.

Caraliz
09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I was going to bypass some person who occupied the whole sidewalk somehow, so I rang the bell, then she moved, and then a pigeon shat on her head where she moved. It was great, and I was directly responible for it, making it feel even better as I cruised down the road way ahead of her.

Don't occupy the sidewalk, kids.
lol levian manus