PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Online: Character Info

Shlup
09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Screw you, WoW! You're fat and ugly! Warhammer is shiny and new. And better. BETTER.

Post your character name!

On Grimnir server:
Mine is Laulkaat. Dark Elf race, Witch Elf class.
And I just made an alt to play when BJ isn't home: Cheasbegyr. Chaos race, Zealot class.

Bunny
09-23-2008, 10:29 PM
lolcats go!

Shlup
09-24-2008, 12:44 AM
I can haz two characterz?! *adds*

I swear if I'm the only person on this whole forum playing this game I'm leaving EoFF forever. WAR is so much better than WoW.

Bunny
09-24-2008, 12:50 AM
A friend of mine wants to get it but only if I get it as well. My computer is a piece of crap at the moment though and cannot run it. What's the game like? He says it's more PVP-oriented than WoW and has lots more things to do. I haven't read a thing about it though :P

escobert
09-24-2008, 03:35 AM
I wants it.

Shlup
09-24-2008, 03:37 AM
It does take a decent machine to run it. The minimum required memory (which I think is 1.3GB) is going to make any PvP hard. My machine works great with 2GB memory though.

So far I've only gotten to level rank seven, so I haven't explored much. But so far there's the basic stuff like tons of quests and exploring, then there are public quests (which I love), RvR areas, RvR scenarios, PvP. In addition to being rank seven, I'm renoun rank six and have full influence in Dark Elf chapter 1 and 2. You also get a job rank once you get a job (butcher, scavenger, etc), and your guild gets a rank.

I haven't yet figured out how the actual "war" works since I haven't gotten very far, but it looks cool.

So, basically, there's lots to do. I think a lot of people are biased against it because they <3 <3 WoW, but I thought WoW was lame when I played the beta, not to mention ugly, so I <3 <3 WAR.

Khaotic
10-14-2008, 12:56 AM
I played it in beta and since release, but dropped it until it gets upgraded more. Keep battles just lag too badly, no matter what computer you have. Classes are horribly unbalanced, city sieges (end game) are instanced and capped at 35 or 45 players(forgot) which I find to take out the epicness of the game. The whole PQ system is pretty much garbage considering barely anyone does them, there is simply way too many of them and people are too scattered around, doesn't help that guilds do them alone and don't let strangers join them.

It is a pretty cool idea for a game, though, I'll give it that, it simply just needs some work. Reasonable though since it has only been out for a month.

Anywho I only commented like this since I saw you guys chatting it up.

Markus. D
10-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Awww I'd try again.

But SotNW is so awesome atm.

That and they have massive... MASSIVE Imbas between classes that are yet to be vanquished, almost made me fake-vommit.

It needs some major updates before I see it agenz :3

Shlup
10-29-2008, 07:31 AM
I rarely have a problem with being unable to finish a public quest. There are plenty of people around and I've never had a problem joining an open party. Don't often experience lag either, except when those Order bastards AOE like hell.

There is some class imbalance but they're updating those kinds of things very regularly.

For how much I've been enjoying this game, it'll be super awesome once they've gotten to the point where they've fixed the release bugs and are adding new features.

Markus. D
10-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Aha!

See this is why I hate people who review MMOs, they don't understand the concept of updates, even now as you say, it's changing for the better :D

Shlup
11-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Yeah, updates are pretty constant. Just a few days ago the mail system went from useless crap to absolute perfection. I have no real complaints about the game.

Garland
12-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Diligence, the Witch Hunter reports for duty on the Phoenix Throne RP server. I had suffered from Alt-itis for months, but I think I'm cured. I hope... I can heartily recommend Phoenix Throne for a server, because it's always packed, and the RP'ers do a pretty good job of always keeping things entertaining. Also, no stupid names allowed. It's a dream come true. Minimal internet-speak, and no dumb names.

Carl the Llama
12-15-2008, 03:19 AM
Is my computer good enough to play this game?

P4 3ghz CPU

1024mb memory

RADEON X600 256mb gfx card.

im really interested in playing this game but wont bother if my computer isnt up to scratch.

Garland
12-15-2008, 03:27 AM
PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For Windows XP

· 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
· 1 Gigabyte RAM
· A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
· At least 15 GB of hard drive space

For Windows VISTA

· 2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
· 2 Gigabyte RAM

Supported Video Cards

ATI Radeon(TM) series

· 9500, 9600, 9800
· X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
· X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
· 2400, 2600, 2900,
· 3650, 3850, 3870
· 4850, 4870
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems you beat the minimum CPU by .5ghz.

You double the minimum gfx card memory, and your card is supported.

Do you have one or two gbs of ram depending on your OS?

If so, what are you waiting for? War is everywhere, soldier. Get out there and kick some...

Rostum
12-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Is my computer good enough to play this game?

P4 3ghz CPU

1024mb memory

RADEON X600 256mb gfx card.

im really interested in playing this game but wont bother if my computer isnt up to scratch.

It's amazing what Google can do.

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For Windows XP

· 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
· 1 Gigabyte RAM

For Windows VISTA

· 2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
· 2 Gigabyte RAM
Mythic Entertainment Article (http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=168)

Carl the Llama
12-15-2008, 01:01 PM
no need to get so peevish, I was just asking cause from what most people have said I didnt think my computer wouldnt be up to scratch, 99% of questions people ask on forums could be answered through google.

That aside, whats everyones opinion of the game? I know some people are saying its better then wow but is it really?

Garland
12-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Is checkers better than monopoly? They're both MMO's, but they cater to different audiences really. If you want PVE, go WOW. If you want PVP, go WAR. WOW puts all its balance and polish in ensuring good PVE first, and PVP second, and WAR is the opposite. WAR is a great game, and I'm having tons of fun. I haven't played WOW, but you don't get THAT popular without being pretty damn good. I'm not sure any MMO for a long time will dethrone WOW as king of the hill, but WAR is looking like a viable contender for a strong number two. It hit a lull when WOW released the latest expansion, but now the populations are skyrocketing again. We'll see what happens.

Markus. D
12-15-2008, 11:04 PM
I imagine AION may be the one to Dethrone WoW, and I think as soon as the balances are complete with classes like the Runepriest etc, the game will get a nice Golden Star :3

Carl the Llama
12-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Now my opinion of PvP realms isnt that great, when playing WAR will I be liable to have some asshat gank me with sheer epic weapons? are all the realms PvP? Also is the PvP balenced, or do you have way overpowered classes that will wipe the floor with you in 20 seconds ect. my basic fear -well not fear as much but- is that you will have some people fighting you and danceing around like a guy from riverdance while you are trying desperatly to cast a spell on him and end up dead before you can even cast 1 spell.

Garland
12-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Warhammer doesn't want one on one duels. The world is setup in such a way as to funnel everyone with an interest in PVP into a few zones. The map discourages coming across members of the opposite team in other areas. Those zones where Warhammer wants you to fight are triggered to flag you for PVP just for entering. In any other zone, you have to flag yourself, and your opponent has to flag himself in order to fight. There is no "ganking". What more, there's no real death penalty. You lose no exp. You lose no items. You can choose to pay a couple pennies to a healer, or you can fight for 3 or 15 minutes with a little less HP. 3 minutes if a player kills you, or 15 if a monster kills you. It's almost unnoticable anyway. If you join a PVP session as a low level, the game brings your level up to par with a "Bolster" buff. Every fight is fair levelwise.

Are all the classes balanced? Yes they are. Can you pick any class and beat any other if you have skill? No you can't. Every class has a role in the army, and no class is the hero. Melees excel against casters. Tanks excel against melee. Casters excel against tanks. This is the general rule the game is aiming for, but there are variations and exceptions for flavor. No matter what class you pick, there will be classes that have a huge advantage in 1v1 combat against you. As a healer, I find that includes everyone but healers. That said, you're not a one man army. There are dozens of players around you of different classes, and it's the group that counts. play to your strengths, and hope everyone does theirs, and that's how you win PVP in WAR. It's balanced, but it's not balanced for 1v1 like WOW is.

Equipment and gold don't really help your character till you hit level cap anyway. You level so fast and go through gear so quickly, that noone cares.

Carl the Llama
01-09-2009, 02:24 AM
White Lion Caín reporting for duty! Karak-Norn be my server xD

Rank 2, think I will prolly go hunter.

Any tips? I am finding it very annoying though when an enmy falls through the floor though.

EDIT: is there any addons like the QH from wow?

Shlup
01-09-2009, 05:13 AM
I've never seen an enemy fall through the floor. :o

I cancelled my account, by the way. Don't have the time to justify the cost.

escobert
03-03-2009, 06:55 AM
I just made a free 10 day trial account. we'll see how this goes :p