PDA

View Full Version : How many more hours till I beat Final Fantasy X

Digital Phoenix
09-23-2008, 11:03 PM
*SPOILERS INSIDE!*

I'm twenty-five hours into the game, and I just got to the Calm Lands, right after Yuna and Tidus make out for the first time, and you see them going underwater or something. The weird Japanese music plays, and then Yuna continues the quest. It's after you beat Maester Seymour for the second time (his godly form).

How many more hours until I beat the game, if I'm at twenty-five right now? Please note that I don't plan on doing any side-quests.

Rostum
09-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Quite a few. Do you really need to know?

Digital Phoenix
09-24-2008, 12:29 AM

Yes, because I'm bored of the game. If it's only about five hours left, I'll just finish it. If it's, like, fifteen hours, then I'll stop and come back a month later when football season is over.

This would be the second time I stop playing the game. It's fun and all. I like it, but... I get tired of it quickly.

jeo2388
09-24-2008, 12:40 AM
then might as well stop. to beat the storyline, i'd say 3-4hrs left for you. but to beat the game, well, i'm 230hrs later and i still havnt been able to unlock clear spears

Digital Phoenix
09-24-2008, 01:21 AM
then might as well stop. to beat the storyline, i'd say 3-4hrs left for you. but to beat the game, well, i'm 230hrs later and i still havnt been able to unlock clear spears

I'm just looking to beat the storyline. People have told me it will take me 15-20 hours. Some have said five. I'm not sure what to believe.

Rostum
09-24-2008, 01:25 AM
It really depends on your play style.

Cyric
09-24-2008, 05:04 AM
Have you been kidnapped by the Al Bhed yet? (the entire party, not just Yuna like at the Moonflow) Play until there if you really don't know how the game ends, then decide if you want to keep playing. I like the ending because it isn't your typical happy ending. Although the fact that you're probably aware of the sequel's existence may dampen it.

Big D
09-24-2008, 06:19 AM
You're quite close to the end - in terms of gameplay hours, only a handful. Hard to say exactly, since it depends in part on how many levels you need to gain in order to defeat the most ferocious storyline bosses, who are still coming up.

If you find the game's boring at the moment, you might be surprised a little later. Some rather big developments are coming up...

Pete for President
09-24-2008, 12:30 PM

Yes, because I'm bored of the game. If it's only about five hours left, I'll just finish it. If it's, like, fifteen hours, then I'll stop and come back a month later when football season is over.

This would be the second time I stop playing the game. It's fun and all. I like it, but... I get tired of it quickly.

I'd say about 10 with all the cutscenes and some level-grinding.

Heath
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd say ten at the most to finish the game without doing the extras. The sidequests add on a few fair hours, but the storyline itself should be finished soon enough. I quite enjoyed the end of the game, particularly in the areas after the Calm Lands and so I hope it does improve in your view as you progress.

Roto13
10-01-2008, 05:28 AM
There's the Calm Lands, then an area, then another area, then a big event, then another area, then the final boss.

Masamunemaster
10-01-2008, 08:53 PM
also depends on how many times you die...a long way away from a save...having to walk aaaalllllllll the way back...get mad after freak power accident takes your win due to a long cutscene...then die more...repeat a few times...get pissed break controller have to buy a new one.....you get the point

long story short....mainly depends on how much you die