PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Super Star Ultra

Zeromus_X
09-24-2008, 02:51 AM
The remake of Kirby Super Star for the DS just came out recently. Anyone else play it?

I like it alot. It's pretty much the same as the SNES version, but with slightly better graphics. The sound quality suffered a hit though.

Yar
09-24-2008, 03:01 AM
It's out already? :eek:

Meh, my SNES copy still can kick. Maybe if I fall into some money, I'll buy it. But in this economy... :(

ljkkjlcm9
09-24-2008, 03:13 AM
I could only buy one game this month, due to lack of time and money... I'm still trying to decide between Disgaea DS and Sonic Chronicles, though I'm leaning toward the later

This game is definitely a want, but just not as much as other games right now

THE JACKEL

Roto13
09-24-2008, 03:15 AM
My SNES version is fine, thanks. If I didn't have it, though, I'd be all over the DS version. Such a great game.

Markus. D
09-24-2008, 08:12 AM
I love the game xD!

However, I'm not porting away 60/70 or so Australian Dollars for a game I can mow through in half a day xD

erikramza
09-24-2008, 10:39 AM
SO MOTHER FUCKING HYPED

Momiji
09-24-2008, 01:08 PM
SO MOTHER smurfING HYPED

What? I've hardly seen any "hype" over it.

Since my SNES cart is still alive and kicking, I don't see the point in picking up a copy.

erikramza
09-24-2008, 01:15 PM
i am hyped! i can soon play the best kirby game every made, ANYWHERE I PLEASE.
this is historic!

Momiji
09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
this is historic!

Oh! I thought you meant it was being overhyped on TV, online, and such. :p

Roto13
09-24-2008, 05:21 PM
this is historic!

Oh, there has been some. :P Nintendo is right on the ball with it's marketing these days.

Kirby: Kirby Floats On By Over Alabama (http://kotaku.com/5052042/kirby-floats-on-by-over-alabama)

Roogle
09-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Is this considered a remake or an enhanced port? I saw a commercial for this game recently, but the footage on display flashed by too quickly for me to ascertain whether there was an actual upgrade to the graphics.

Zeromus_X
09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
The graphics are indeed updated (it's kinda hard to tell from the screenshots). They look more like the other GBA/DS Kirby games. Also the controls were switched around to be like Kirby Squeak Squad as opposed to the SNES version's controls. The game still plays basically the same.

Sound on the other hand was downgraded. It's very soft, less booming, and no more reverb.

It's a real remake, all the original games are included (and are basically the same, some treasures in the Great Cave are different but that's all). Plus there are new minigames instead of Samurai Kirby/Megaton Punch that use the touch screen, and some new unlockable adventure games. The cutscenes in the game are all CG now and you can watch them in a movie gallery.

Yar
09-25-2008, 03:22 AM
this is historic!

Oh, there has been some. :P Nintendo is right on the ball with it's marketing these days.

Kirby: Kirby Floats On By Over Alabama (http://kotaku.com/5052042/kirby-floats-on-by-over-alabama)

Because the BEST place to promote a Kirby via pink foam clouds is Alabama. :rolleyes2

Markus. D
09-25-2008, 08:46 AM
this is historic!

Because the BEST place to promote a Kirby via pink foam clouds is Alabama. :rolleyes2

xD It was a cute idea I guess :3