PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot At Friend's House?

Mr Nice
09-25-2008, 12:48 AM
What do your friends think about you going barefoot in their house? I go barefoot quite a lot, and when I stayed over my friend's house for the week, he would keep looking at my feet whenever I was barefoot. I thought he might not like me going barefoot, even though he was barefoot sometimes. Later in the week, I ran out of socks. So I had to go barefoot. We had some friends coming over, so I asked what I should do about my lack of socks. Funnily enough, he said that I should just go barefoot, and I spent the next few days barefoot. So I guess he's cool with it now. Anyone here go barefoot at their friend's house? What do they make of it?

Yar
09-25-2008, 12:49 AM
It depends on how long I'll be there, really. If I'm just stopping by, I keep my shoes on. If I'll be around a while, I take my shoes off because it's courteous. If I'm spending the night, of course I'll end up barefoot at sometime. :D

rubah
09-25-2008, 12:49 AM
the first thing I do anywhere is kick off my shoes if I'm going to be there for any time

Mr Nice
09-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Okay. Let me just clear somthing up. Here in the UK, you have to take your shoes off most of the time. But, I'm talking about shoes AND socks! That's why I said "barefoot".

Levian
09-25-2008, 12:52 AM
I... don't think any EoFFer who's read my LJ will be walking barefoot in my house.

kikimm
09-25-2008, 12:52 AM
My friends make fun of me all the time because I pretty much never take my shoes off. I have even, on occasion, slept with my shoes on. I know, there is no hope for me.

Miriel
09-25-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't wear socks. :o

So if I take off my flip flops, then I'm automatically barefoot. People don't usually care, but if it's cold they'll offer indoor slippers to wear. My house has wood and marble floors so we have a stock pile of slippers for guests to wear when they come over.

I... don't think any EoFFer who's read my LJ will be walking barefoot in my house.
Foot baby!

Tama2
09-25-2008, 12:54 AM
I go barefoot anywhere. Nothing like people staring at you hobbit feet when you go to a supermarket.

Yar
09-25-2008, 12:55 AM
I go barefoot anywhere. Nothing like people staring at you hobbit feet when you go to a supermarket.

No shirt, no shoes, no service!! :mad2:

Brennan
09-25-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't wear shoes when I go pretty much anywhere, except when they're absolutely necessary.

erikramza
09-25-2008, 01:02 AM
i figure it that the bottoms of my feet are cleaner than the bottoms of my shoes.

Momiji
09-25-2008, 01:29 AM
The only time I am ever barefoot is if I'm in the shower or I'm sleeping. I wear shoes year-round, so I'm always wearing socks. I can't stand wearing sandals.

DMKA
09-25-2008, 01:35 AM
My best friend Tim who grew up in the boonies of the boonies of Oklahoma was at my parents house back in high school watching some movies with me in my room in the middle of summer and it was hot as hell, so he stripped down to everything but his boxers and his shoes without even think twice...was kind of weird but I just shrugged it off. Then he walked out of my room through the living room where my parents were to go to the bathroom like that. That was awkward as hell the next day.

Still, he was polite enough to keep his shoes on.

NeoTifa
09-25-2008, 02:49 AM
lol. the only time its acceptable to sleep in your shoes is if youre in a bunker and you have 45 seconds to get out of bed, make bed, get shoes on, grab canteen (and possibly a guideon from the back of the room) and run out the door for pt. :) in which case, you want the covers wrapped around your feet so the drill sergeant dont yell at you tee hee.

ummmm i hate socks. im almost always barefoot, and i have some old plantars warts to prove it. :p

Rye
09-25-2008, 02:52 AM

... hahsdfhhahshafhahahahahahdhhahAHSHSDHDH i forgot about that oh my god lev.

I feel a little weird if I'm in their house, but I don't care if they do it in my house.

Shlup
09-25-2008, 03:11 AM
Being barefoot is weird?

mooglebunni608
09-25-2008, 03:14 AM
I hate wearing shoes inside houses. I try to leave my socks on if it's not my own house, though, because I never can remember how chipped my toe-nail polish is ><

NeoTifa
09-25-2008, 03:17 AM
i think its kinda rude to wear shoes in peoples houses. i almost always take my shoes off by the door. most people dont want you to track mud/dog poop into their house and poop up their carpet. saves them cleaning and vacuuming

Yar
09-25-2008, 03:24 AM
most people dont want you to track mud/dog poop into their house and poop up their carpet. saves them cleaning and vacuuming

Maybe it's just all the lack of sleep, but I couldn't stop laughing at this statement.

Vermachtnis
09-25-2008, 03:29 AM
I take my shoes off most of the time, but I leave my socks on. The only time I take my socks off was right when I went to sleep and first thing I did was put them back on.

theundeadhero
09-25-2008, 03:54 AM
I try to wear shoes as often as possible.

Roto13
09-25-2008, 04:00 AM
I don't even go barefoot at home. Hell, I don't even wear anything less than socks and slippers at home. (My feet get cold.)

:bigsmile:

Yar
09-25-2008, 04:04 AM
I don't even go barefoot at home. Hell, I don't even wear anything less than socks and slippers at home. (My feet get cold.)

Do your feet ever get sweaty in slippers?

Mine do. :( I had really comfy slippers but had to get rid of them because they made my feet sweat all the time.

Jiro
09-25-2008, 01:56 PM
If I've taken off my shoes, I wear socks until I take a shower. Then I just go barefoot til I need shoes again.

scrumpleberry
09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Depends on the friend.

zaqwert
09-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm barefoot during the evening, so most of the time I'm either wearing socks or shoes.

My brother has smelly feet, so I hate it when he goes barefoot. :(

Zeldy
09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I hate being bare-footed, so I am always in socks xD Hell, I used to sleep in socks.

I sometimes take shoes off at a mates house, it all depends really, but I would never go bare-footed, I think that's gross, but I think feet are disgusting so xD

Aerith's Knight
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Thisis ugly, smelling feet people talk. :p

Freya
09-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm usually wearing sandals so i'm normally barefoot :P I hate wearing shoes. Love socks, hate shoes.

xD

NeoTifa
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
im curious now as to what lavian posted in his lj

Jessweeee♪
09-25-2008, 07:11 PM
A couple of my friends do the asian thing and insist that I take my shoes off. Hard to tell if they're joking or serious, but I do it anyway. Since I wear sandals a lot, that means I'm barefoot in their house. They don't say anything, so I guess they don't mind :confused:

I doesn't really bother me if other people are barefoot, I just find it weird to see unfamiliar feet in my house.

Jiro
09-27-2008, 04:24 AM
I was barefoot in a hospital yesterday. It was weird. I forgot to take shoes with me when I went to pick up my mum from there :D

Hambone
09-27-2008, 05:27 AM
I think it's creepy. I always stare at my friends' feet whenever they take their shoes off, but I really don't mind if they take them off, as long as their feet aren't all gross and http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif. I never take my shoes off when I'm at someone else's house unless I'm sleeping over. Feet are gross.