PDA

View Full Version : Restarting the Game: I Have Questions!

Forsaken Lover
09-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Well I had made it to Chapter 5 on my last playthrough but I realized I totally screwed up some things so I couldn't get the 100%. Plus I got distracted and just forgot about the game.

So i'm restarting the game and am unsure what to do with my party. We've gone to Basaid, Luca, the Highroad and Mushroom rock and am now just about to do the little thing at Djose with Gippal before the Hypello guarding mission. My main party is Warrior Paine who's learning Excalibur, Songstress Yuna who's learning Dirty Dance and Black Mage Rikku who's learning Lvl. 3. Black Magic. That an effective party?

I already know it has some flaws as I had to switch now and then like when I fought a frickin' Tonberry on the Mushroom Rock Road. Rikku went through her MP like nothing and I had to switch to Warrior. I also had to trade Yuna in as a White Mage to heal everyone constantly.

I wanna keep using the Songstress Dressphere for Yuna but if I remember my last playthrough right, there's some blank slots in her abilities list that I never filled in. Is there some sidequest/item i have to get to learn more abilities for that dressphere?

And that's where I am right now. I'll check back here when I get up and before I start up my game. Thank you all for anything you can add to help! :D

FFIX Choco Boy
09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Getting 100% on a 1st playthrough is nigh on impossible, if you want 100% u're gonna want to load ur big game, beat it, and go new game+ and join the other league. Also, the songstress DS has 2 abilities that are only learned from Magical dances volumes 1 and 2, attained in chapter 5 from sidequest bosses. Good luck at getting 100% though, I got mine on my 2nd playthrough.

SeeDRankLou
09-28-2008, 04:33 AM
Getting 100% in one play through is very possible, done it myself. However, there's something you have to do at the very beginning that is almost impossible to know about unless you have a guide. Also, the 100%-In-One-Game guide in the BradyGames guide is a little screwed up. Every online site that has a 100%-In-One-Game Guide (including this site) is just a carbon copy of it. There's only one that I've found that actually fixes those errors.

Anyway, the party that you are using is fine, but it won't be fine for every situation. Just use what the situation calls for, that's what the Garment Grids are there for. Although, when you get the Berserker Dress Sphere, go for the 4 countering abilities at the bottom first, it will make that dress sphere uber powerful.

Forsaken Lover
09-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks.

I'm using this guide for my current playthrough.
GameFAQs: Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by Blackestmage (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/562386/28684)

That stupid moogle at the beginning eluded me every time until i re

Cyric
09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Getting 100% in one play through is very possible, done it myself. However, there's something you have to do at the very beginning that is almost impossible to know about unless you have a guide. Also, the 100%-In-One-Game guide in the BradyGames guide is a little screwed up. Every online site that has a 100%-In-One-Game Guide (including this site) is just a carbon copy of it. There's only one that I've found that actually fixes those errors.

To finish your thought, I assume you're talking about the Moogle at Dock #2?

Saber
09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
do all moon flow missions and don't go to mt gagazat during chapter 3 = key to success!!

Don't do any moon flow missions at all and, during chapter 3 or chapter 4 tobli will be in a hallway. Puch him in the elevator to get a cool accessory. I think it breaks hp limit,

To get 100% completion is easy you don't even have to do everything in the game. But you do have to talk to that old man a lot to get the perfect ending. lol