PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Seifer?

Forsaken Lover
09-28-2008, 12:15 AM
http://bkg.atspace.com/Multimedia/WALLPAPER/FF/SEIFER.JPG

http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/kh2-seifer-a.jpg

Why did they make a cool character look like a total joke?
I've also watched some vids on YouTube and his voice-actor isn't even that good.

So...why did they decide to ruin a great character?

Ouch!
09-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Don't see much of a problem other than the belly shirt, to be honest.

Oh, in before Nomura jokes.

Forsaken Lover
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
The belly shirt is actually not as bad as the hat in my view. That hat...is just NOT Seifer. At all.

Zeromus_X
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I think his voice actor fit his arrogant personality quite well.

The resemblance to Eminem is uncanny however.

LunarWeaver
09-28-2008, 12:21 AM
I want everything about that outfit.

I don't think that's good news for Seifer.

blackmage_nuke
09-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Yea i think the shirt and the hat are off. Also the fact that Seifer looks so much younger than Sqaull in KH

FFIX Choco Boy
09-28-2008, 04:01 AM
KH is designed where there's a bunch of worlds though, so maybe there's some kind of time shift, like in the Timeless River. So, maybe this is just young Seifer. Fuu and Rai look the same as ever though, Y'know, though I don't think they were ever that annoying, y'know.

Forsaken Lover
09-28-2008, 08:47 AM
All I can say about KH Seifer's look is
RAGE.

Pencoin/Choas
09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Because Squall and Seifer will never meet...
This is KH not FF guys.

Dr. Acula
10-04-2008, 05:49 AM
I'm not too bothered about the outfit.

I thought his voice actor was perfect, actually...

Jessweeee♪
10-04-2008, 05:55 AM
I was kinda expecting Fuu to shout, what with her words always being in caps in FFVIII xD

WIMP *kick*

Dr. Acula
10-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I was kinda expecting Fuu to shout, what with her words always being in caps in FFVIII xD

WIMP *kick*

Same here, I was kind of disappointed with Fuu. And Rai said "y'know" even more than he did in FFVIII.:mad:

Jessweeee♪
10-10-2008, 04:21 AM
In KH he said it in places that just don't fit, whereas in FFVIII, it always did (even if he was saying it too much), y'know?

Saber
10-10-2008, 09:56 PM
He's in the middle of puberty give him a few years and he'll be back on track.

Aerisfanatic
10-12-2008, 06:05 AM
I think his voice actor fit his arrogant personality quite well.

The resemblance to Eminem is uncanny however.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I never liked Seifer so it didnt matter to me. He wasn't the first character to be made younger. It wasn't a surprise he became the playground bully. But I have to give him props for having a better physique at 15 than my 22 year old weight lifting brother.

Mercen-X
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Balamb Disciplinary Committe... becomes the Twilight Town's Truancy Officers?

I did think that Seifer was a jerk, but I also believed he had hidden potential that we never privy to.

Hey, I saw an episode of wife-swap where the mother took the overzealous wrestling jockey and turned him into a punk rocker with slight resemblance to Roxas.

Wolf Kanno
10-21-2008, 10:43 PM
I personally have no issues with Seifer. I feel Setzer was more out of character than he was. I never cared for Rai an Fuu so I can't say I'm bothered if they were made more annoying than usual.

Tbh, outside of injecting Cloud and Squall with emo (Depeche Mode albums liquefied) I can't say I've been bothered too much by KH's version of characters. Hell I think Yuffie and Yuna are far more interesting and much less obnoxious than their true selves. I still dislike Aerith and Cid's english VA's though...

arcanedude34
10-23-2008, 01:58 AM
The only KH characters that bugged me in KH were Aerith, mostly because of her English VA and Cloud because of his wangsty personality from AC.

On another note, Squall actually seemed a lot less emo to me in KH than in FFVIII (the beginning of VIII, at least, never got too far in VIII)

Stormie BluJay
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Why did they make a cool character look like a total joke?
I've also watched some vids on YouTube and his voice-actor isn't even that good.

So...why did they decide to ruin a great character?
It really stinks...

Differences Between the Two and Non-Continuity

Okay, let's start out with the fact that the Seifer in KH is just a bully and an idiot, while the actual Seifer is the opposite. He doesn't fight to beat people up or make himself feel more macho, he fights to put people in their place and to make things right. And it seems as if the KH crew just completely ignored that Seifer was arguably as smart as QUISTIS.

Now we move on to game play. THERE IS NO WAY SEIFER WOULD US A STYROFOAM PLAY SWORD!!! He is an excellent fighter, so if they were thinking to make him your very first enemy, there were idiots. The entire point of Seifer's fighting is that is relies mostly on magic and summons, but if he fights with his gun, he's as good as Squall. So in other words, if Roxas did get into a fight with him, he'd probably get killed, let alone beaten up.

And when it comes to continuity, what the hell, just what. the. hell. If Leon is the age he is, shouldn't Seifer be the same? I mean, they DID come from the same planet, didn't they? This goes for Selphie and the others too. Either make them all Leon's age, or make them all young. Whatever you do, just make SENSE. While I'm at it, if they were going to put in Seifer and Squall, why didn't they put in Irvine?! He's the closest to both of them, and would've been so fun to fight along side with...

And also, why the hell would Seifer wear a belly button shirt?? He leaves that to the ladies, thank you.

f f freak
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
It's not the outfit that bugs me, more the hand gesture.

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I guess it's better he looks like Eminem than Rick Astley :confused:

sdm42393
12-08-2008, 12:04 AM
And when it comes to continuity, what the hell, just what. the. hell. If Leon is the age he is, shouldn't Seifer be the same? I mean, they DID come from the same planet, didn't they? This goes for Selphie and the others too. Either make them all Leon's age, or make them all young. Whatever you do, just make SENSE. While I'm at it, if they were going to put in Seifer and Squall, why didn't they put in Irvine?! He's the closest to both of them, and would've been so fun to fight along side with...

I have a theory for this. The thing is, KH Squall and KH Seifer did actually duke it out in battle. Since Squall lost to an annoying kid (who is probably 10 years younger), he was forced to change his name to Leon to avoid humiliation.

Oh, and all of the crap in Kingdom Hearts isn't canon, so why should it matter if it made sense. You're probably better off asking why Tidus is screwing a fairy a third his size.

Jessweeee♪
12-08-2008, 03:23 AM
...and when he's probably not even older than twelve!

Markus. D
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I never cared about Seifer anyways, Fujin and Raijin > Rinoa's Ex.

Dr. Acula
12-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I still dislike Aerith and Cid's english VA's though...

They made Cid sound like an old man, when he's supposed to be only thirty-something. His voice made me cry.:cry:

Christmas
05-06-2022, 11:38 AM
I still dislike Aerith and Cid's english VA's though...

They made Cid sound like an old man, when he's supposed to be only thirty-something. His voice made me cry.:cry:

Do you still cry over it now? :cry:

Dr. Acula
05-06-2022, 12:20 PM
Yes. It's the great tragedy of my life.