PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Fate Fatale
09-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Best. Internet. Musical. Ever.

In my opinion anyhow. Who has seen this?

Written during the writer's strike of '08, it stars Neil Patrick Harris and Felicia Day. It's a positively witty story about Dr. Horrible (Harris) and his dream of being in "The Evil League of Evil". He becomes side-tracked when his laundromat crush Penny (Day) talks actually talks to him.

It's quite a phenomenal musical and it's only 42 minutes. Watch and discuss!

Del Murder
09-28-2008, 06:21 AM
How many internet musicals have there been?

Anyway, this thing was great. I hope there is another.

Roto13
09-28-2008, 06:24 AM
I thought it was ok. Liked any song about Bad Horse. :P

Momiji
09-28-2008, 06:24 AM
I really need to look into this. There's been like 4 threads made on this already, from the time it started up to now. :p

Wolf Kanno
09-28-2008, 06:26 AM
My GF's best friend showed this to me. I thought it was pretty good, I'm not a huge fan of musicals but it has a Venture Bros. vibe that made it amusing.

XxSephirothxX
09-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Yes, it is fantastic. Neil Patrick Harris is absolutely perfect in it.

Fate Fatale
09-28-2008, 06:38 AM
I really need to look into this. There's been like 4 threads made on this already, from the time it started up to now. :p

Have there been? I apologise for the repeat thread. I did search for it before-hand and nothing came up. However, you really should look into it; it's amazing!

You can watch it at Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (http://www.drhorrible.com/mushortio.html)

(If linking isn't allowed, sorry, I didn't know!)

Momiji
09-28-2008, 06:43 AM

Have there been? I apologise for the repeat thread. I did search for it before-hand and nothing came up. However, you really should look into it; it's amazing!

You can watch it at Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (http://www.drhorrible.com/mushortio.html)

(If linking isn't allowed, sorry, I didn't know!)

Hahaha, no no, don't worry about that. I'm just saying that I remember this being mentioned a lot, and 4 was a random guess. I'm positive there were three, counting this one, though. :p

Roto13
09-28-2008, 06:57 AM
The other threads are dead so don't worry about it. :P

Moon Rabbits
09-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Neil Patrick Harris + musical pretty much has to equal awesome. Omg guess what it does.

Miriel
09-28-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that I've memorized the entire musical, songs, dialogue, everything.

According to itunes, I've watched it at least 8 times (I don't think itunes counts it when I just watch certain scenes over and over again).

I've always thought Joss Whedon to be a genius. Ever since Buffy, and then with Firefly, and now with this. He has a brilliant knack for creating wonderful characters, making you fall in love with them, and then tearing your heart out by having something really tragic happen. That's why I love him. :p

Fate Fatale
09-28-2008, 07:15 AM
As a musical, it has to be up there with Avenue Q, Spring Awakening, and Hairspray as my most favorite.

Moon Rabbits
09-28-2008, 07:17 AM
As a musical, it has to be up there with Avenue Q, Spring Awakening, and Hairspray as my most favorite.

You forgot Wizard of Oz, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and the Little Shop of Horrors. And the Magic Show, but that's broadway, so ...

Fate Fatale
09-28-2008, 07:22 AM

You forgot Wizard of Oz, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and the Little Shop of Horrors. And the Magic Show, but that's broadway, so ...

Well, all of the ones I mentioned were from Broadway... I'd forgotten Rocky Horror Picture Show though. It's amazing too. As for The Wizard of Oz, I don't much care for it, and I haven't seen the others.

Vermachtnis
09-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Yea, I loved it. And just when my friends thought they'd heard the last the "A Man's Gotta Do" song.

Madame Adequate
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I loved it until it broke my heart :cry:

First Bad Horse song is amazing.

Fate Fatale
09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I loved it until it broke my heart :cry:

First Bad Horse song is amazing.

Aww, how did it break your heart?

qwertysaur
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
This musical is love.