PDA

View Full Version : play FFT (not advanced) on your pc

Hystrix
10-01-2008, 09:58 AM
hey im new here, i decided to share with you a program convert psx games for pc i found, program called epsxe.

instructions:

download link:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/149961793/psx-pc.rar.html)

make new folder wherever you want, download the file unrar/unzip it in the folder you just created, in the same folder, unrar/unzip epsxe160.zip, next unrar/unzip the file
scph1001.zip into the bios folder, next unrar/unzip the gpupete177.zip into the plugins and we are done the installtion but dont forget when you are open epsxe config the video settings its realy easy.

now put inside your FFT disk click run epsxe choose file=>Run CDROM and play.

thats all, enjoy!

file scan:

File: psx-pc.rar
MD5: a7686b34dab2e0da2601f7386406869a
Packers detected: UPX

Scanner results
Scan taken on 01 Oct 2008 09:01:19 (GMT)
A-Squared Found nothing
AntiVir Found nothing
ArcaVir Found nothing
Avast Found nothing
AVG Antivirus Found nothing
BitDefender Found nothing
ClamAV Found nothing
CPsecure Found nothing
Dr.Web Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus Found nothing
F-Secure Anti-Virus Found nothing
G DATA Found nothing
Ikarus Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Found nothing
NOD32 Found nothing
Norman Virus Control Found nothing
Panda Antivirus Found nothing
Sophos Antivirus Found nothing
VirusBuster Found nothing
VBA32 Found nothing

sdm42393
10-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Hm.... I'm guessing this will also work with any PSOne game you choose.

Hystrix
10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
yep thats right....
you mean wrong section i posted in?

Rostum
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
It's not converting, it's emulating PSX images of the game. PSX emulation and ePSXe is nothing new to really talk about, and I'm absolutely sure that if you are providing the BIOS image and the PSX game's image file, you are doing something that is highly illegal. I don't care what you do in your own time (hell I have a large collection of them on my computer), but best not to post it on a forum.

McLovin'
10-01-2008, 01:31 PM
better to just link to a site that has the BIOS and ROMs.

Hystrix
10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
lol... you can find the bios and other stuff anywhere on the internet even with youtube search of converting games.
i dont know why its illegal ok maybe the bittorrent download... so
i removed it, but play psx games on pc doesnt damaging the income of the game's autor, if you have the disk you play here or there same.
and no i cant link it , its kinda advertising.

if the forum's staff still think its illegal i will edit it this thread.

NeoTifa
10-01-2008, 03:11 PM
:bowpanties::kaoclove:

Bolivar
10-02-2008, 03:38 AM
fun

Rostum
10-02-2008, 10:49 AM
lol... you can find the bios and other stuff anywhere on the internet even with youtube search of converting games.
i removed it, but play psx games on pc doesnt damaging the income of the game's autor, if you have the disk you play here or there same.

I can hack a PSP through videos on YouTube. I can download commercial AAA title games from easily accessable torrent websites by searching on Google.

What I am getting at, is that just because it's easy to access on the Internet, does not make it legal. From what I remember reading awhile ago, it is pretty much illegal to reproduce/copy any PSX BIOS files. Whether you download it from somewhere else, or whether you rip it from your own system yourself.

I can find a source if you are still not sure.

Edit: BTW, I'm not trying to have a go, just thought I'd give some information incase you were unsure. I'm not quite sure how the staff would treat it.

Hystrix
10-02-2008, 12:55 PM

I can hack a PSP through videos on YouTube. I can download commercial AAA title games from easily accessable torrent websites by searching on Google.

What I am getting at, is that just because it's easy to access on the Internet, does not make it legal. From what I remember reading awhile ago, it is pretty much illegal to reproduce/copy any PSX BIOS files. Whether you download it from somewhere else, or whether you rip it from your own system yourself.

I can find a source if you are still not sure.

Edit: BTW, I'm not trying to have a go, just thought I'd give some information incase you were unsure. I'm not quite sure how the staff would treat it.

you are right, im not sure about the legality, you can tell me where you found that info, but i still think as long as its not cause any damage the game's autor income its fine and im waiting to forum's staff decision.

NeoTifa
10-03-2008, 12:33 AM
wait, it wont work. it says i dont hav bios or something :( i followed your directions....

Hystrix
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
wait, it wont work. it says i dont hav bios or something :( i followed your directions....
have you extracted the scph1001.zip into the bios folder and
gpupete177.zip into the plugins folder?

NeoTifa
10-03-2008, 02:47 PM
yea. it didnt work. so i downloaded another one. it works now ^_^