PDA

View Full Version : Relections on mist

Future Esthar
10-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Did you note how there were reflections of the characters on the mist on places were it is too thick?
Itīs really funny.

PeneloRatsbane
10-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Yeah, i thought that was pretty cool.
the mist is a git, making fran collapse and stuff

Bolivar
10-02-2008, 03:21 AM
Yeah it's pretty crazy, definately added to the mystique of the world. I can even swear in Giruvegan's entrance I was hearing things, too, but i think that was just the tv in the next room or somethin... it sounded like mission control at a space station or something.

Conspiracy theory time!!!

Wolf Kanno
10-02-2008, 03:44 AM

I believe the Mist is also the Dark from Vagrant Story. Reading up on the monsters and seeing the Mist in action in XII; it seems rather similal to the Dark and how it is utilized in VS.

Thoughts?

champagne supernova
10-02-2008, 10:05 PM

I believe the Mist is also the Dark from Vagrant Story. Reading up on the monsters and seeing the Mist in action in XII; it seems rather similal to the Dark and how it is utilized in VS.

Thoughts?

I agree. In the Snowfly Forest in VS they talk about the snowflies gathering where the Dark is strongest; similar to FFXII where the mist gathers around powerful creatures.

I also seemed to find that my MP charged faster in areas where the Mist was strong. Thoughts?

Wolf Kanno
10-03-2008, 06:54 AM

Thoughts?

I agree. In the Snowfly Forest in VS they talk about the snowflies gathering where the Dark is strongest; similar to FFXII where the mist gathers around powerful creatures.

I also seemed to find that my MP charged faster in areas where the Mist was strong. Thoughts?

Its explained in XII that magic is a by product of the Mist and that regions heavy in it recharge your power faster. In VS, magic is forbidden, and is stated to be connected directly to the Dark. Also, both the Mist and the Dark are shown to have the power to bring the dead back to life as well as connections to the monstrous creatures that inhabit their games.