PDA

View Full Version : GameCube games remastered for Wii + new stuff

XxSephirothxX
10-02-2008, 06:50 AM
This stuff is right up my alley.

Games announces so far: Pikmin 2, DK Jungle Beat.

New games: Sin & Punishment 2, Punch-Out!! Wii.

Some links here (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/). I'm sure you can confirm on your own elsewhere.

Roto13
10-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Sin & Punishment 2

:O

XxSephirothxX
10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah for realz!

Roto13
10-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Where do you see it, though? xP

XxSephirothxX
10-02-2008, 06:58 AM
On NeoGAF. Gemaga is liveblogging it, and it's being translated by god knows how many people.

EDIT: For nonbelievers (http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/liveblogging-th.html)

14:32: Talking about Animal Crossing for Wii. You'll be able to transfer your data from the DS version and use Miis. We know this! We went to E3! The Wii Speak will also be released in Japan, of course, packaged with Animal Crossing for 7800 yen on November 20.

14:36: Talking about Wii Sports Resort and the MotionPlus.

14:38: Gamasutra's Simon Carless instant messages to tell me that the camera in the DSi must be 640x480 resolution, because 640 times 480 equals 300,000 pixels.

14:40: New Wii game that I am pretty sure is from Yuji Naka's new studio, called "Let's Tap." Nintendo is re-releasing a series of famous GameCube games like Pikmin under the banner "Wii de Asobu Selection" (Games You Can Play on Wii Selection). Economical!

14:43: Demo reel of new Wii games oh my effing god they announced Punch-Out.

14:44: And Another Code (aka Trace Memory, the DS adventure game). And Sin and Punishment 2. God damn. They couldn't have shown these at, oh, I don't know, E3?

Markus. D
10-02-2008, 07:01 AM
I want to play teh Level-5 Game :3!

Roto13
10-02-2008, 07:03 AM
"Oh boo hoo hoo Nintendo only cares about the casual gamers and they'll never release another game core gamers can get excited about and E3 is the only thing that matters in gaming and wah wah wah"

Suck it, bitches.

XxSephirothxX
10-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Wii and DS Montage vids here. (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/index.html)

NeoCracker
10-02-2008, 07:42 AM
"Oh boo hoo hoo Nintendo only cares about the casual gamers and they'll never release another game core gamers can get excited about and E3 is the only thing that matters in gaming and wah wah wah"

Suck it, bitches.

I was never one of those filthy non-believers. ^_^

But really, OMFG Gamecube games!? This is like, sex on wheels.

But better.

Markus. D
10-02-2008, 08:51 AM
I want a copy of Lost Kingdoms II... :3

If they're remaking that...

Clouded Sky
10-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Can't you play GC games on the wii already anyway?

Rostum
10-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah but try finding brand new Gamecube games in store. I know I can't find any that I want. I had to pay overpriced for a good condition Wind Waker (including Master Quest) on eBay.

Dreddz
10-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Out of everything they have shown people go on about the least interesting thing? Why the hell are Nintendo wasting their time re-releasing Gamecube games when they could be making sequels to them. Plus I bet the prices will be jacked up from what you will find on the internet.

On a more positive note, did I see Rygar in their software lineup? There is hope.

ljkkjlcm9
10-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Out of everything they have shown people go on about the least interesting thing? Why the hell are Nintendo wasting their time re-releasing Gamecube games when they could be making sequels to them. Plus I bet the prices will be jacked up from what you will find on the internet.

On a more positive note, did I see Rygar in their software lineup? There is hope.

Because so many people missed out on Gamecube, seriously. And even those with them, missed some of the true gems on the system...

can we identify all the games in this video? YouTube - Nintendo of Japan Press Conference: Wii Lineup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7B7n2bB9iM)

THE JACKAL

qwertysaur
10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
This is really cool. :p

Roto13
10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Why the hell are Nintendo wasting their time re-releasing Gamecube games when they could be making sequels to them.

They ARE making a sequel to Pikmin.

XxSephirothxX
10-02-2008, 04:56 PM

The prices won't be jacked up from what you find on the internet because they're remakes with new controls, thus making them not the same product. And they'll most likely/certainly be on DVDs, not 1.5 gig mini discs.

Oh, and also, they will make a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifton of money.

Shoeberto
10-02-2008, 05:44 PM
They're adding new control schemes? I thought they were just reprints on Wii discs or something.

Some of the random snippets in their Wii lineup had me curious and excited. That space station one looked really cool.

Dreddz
10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
The prices won't be jacked up from what you find on the internet because they're remakes with new controls, thus making them not the same product. And they'll most likely/certainly be on DVDs, not 1.5 gig mini discs.

I just think Nintendo are grasping at straws with their ideas. Is re-releasing Gamecube games with Wii controls really a big deal? Who actually wants to buy a game they already own again just to enjoy the game with a different control set-up.

Nintendo should be making brand new IP's. Give Mario and Zelda a break for once and concentrate on something entirely different. It seemed to work with Pikimin, so why are they refusing to do it again.

Roto13
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I just think Nintendo are grasping at straws with their ideas. Is re-releasing Gamecube games with Wii controls really a big deal? Who actually wants to buy a game they already own again just to enjoy the game with a different control set-up.
Resident Evil 4 fans, apparently.

The Game Cube didn't sell too well. These are for people who didn't get to play them the first time around.

XxSephirothxX
10-02-2008, 11:01 PM

Nintendo should be making brand new IP's. Give Mario and Zelda a break for once and concentrate on something entirely different. It seemed to work with Pikimin, so why are they refusing to do it again.
I wouldn't argue with you if you said they were milking the stuff for all it was worth; that'd be an accurate criticism. But grasping at straws? No.

They're taking games that are already finished, doing a minimum amount of work to fit them onto a new console, where a vast new audience will buy them, and many people who loved them to begin with will buy them again due to the new controls. Even if they don't sell super well, it's not going to cost much to make them. So mad profit.

If anything, it is giving Mario and Zelda a break. They are not even talking about releasing new iterations of those series right now; neither of them are even in this line-up of old stuff being re-released. So that's hardly even relevant to the topic.

They're adding new control schemes? I thought they were just reprints on Wii discs or something.

Some of the random snippets in their Wii lineup had me curious and excited. That space station one looked really cool.
Yup, it's confirmed. They're not confirmed for the US, though. If this line of games stays in Japan, I will be sad. That prolly won't happen though.

And yeah, I thought Cosmic Walker looked interesting too. Wish there'd been more of it.

scrumpleberry
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Well this is awesome.

Ouch!
10-03-2008, 12:55 AM
WAS THAT A WII HARVEST MOON GAME?! =D

Roto13
10-03-2008, 12:58 AM

You know one came out like two days ago, right? :P

Ouch!
10-03-2008, 01:19 AM

You know one came out like two days ago, right? :P

Apparently not. I tend to stop paying attention to new games when I don't have the money to buy them. Saves me the disappointment when I open my wallet.

Madame Adequate
10-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I'm with Games Radar's position (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/have-new-announcements-redeemed-nintendo/a-2008100214027781079) here.

Specifically this:

And it's the first part of a new line too, called "Enjoy With Wii". Oh good. Just what we need. Last-gen Wii ports becoming an official company policy. Thanks Nintendo.

The only other game we know of in the range so far is Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, and to be fair that game does deserve a new outing, but come on! Is this the great appeasement for hardcore gamers we've been hoping for? Last gen's hardcore game's repackaged in the absence of any effort to make new ones? At best it's lazy. At worst it's insulting, and a horrible indication of the way the new Nintendo might be going from now on. Ninty fans are used to having to appreciate any old bone thrown to them, but rarely has the bone been this old and already-chewed.

Rostum
10-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Why the hell are Nintendo wasting their time re-releasing Gamecube games when they could be making sequels to them.

Please source where it says Nintendo are using up all their resources to re-release these games.

Roto13
10-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Apparently Games Radar is ignoring everything that happened at TGS regarding Nintendo besides those two games? Because it looks to me like there were plenty of new games too. So what if they announced a couple of ports? It's not like that was the main focus of the show. At E3, Sony announced that they were going to be releasing movies and tv shows and stuff in the PlayStation store, but people didn't bitch and complain that they were ignoring new games and focusing on movies.

Well, Pikmin Wii is NOT Pikmin 3 as we all assumed. It's a port of the original Gamecube game with waggle controls attached.

That would be an assumption right there.

Nintendo Says Pikmin 3 is an "Original Title", Pikmin Re-release is a Different Game - Kombo.com (http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12871)

ljkkjlcm9
10-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Are people aware a Mario And Luigi 3 was announced as well for the DS?
not much on it, but there are like 3 screens!
Nintendo World Report - Game Info: Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/gameArt.cfm?artid=16842)

THE JACKEL

Roto13
10-03-2008, 04:36 AM
I am aware and I am excited. :P I thought the first one was ok but I loved the second one.

DrDeath in Despair
10-03-2008, 12:31 PM

They are doing both. Nothing wrong with re-creatings either.

Anywho, do want to see: "Skies of Arcadia 2."

KentaRawr!
10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey, there was Klonoa in that video.

Roto13
10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Did you miss the thread about the Klonoa Wiimake? :P

EDIT: A few more games in the Game Cube collection, including Metroid Prime 1 and 2. (http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/915/915529p1.html)

KentaRawr!
10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Apparently so. o_o

Edit: I may already own Metroid Prime 1 and 2, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to buy their Wiimakes.

Roto13
10-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Well I've heard the controls are great for Metroid Prime 3, so I don't blame you. The only game I think I'd rebuy would be Wind Waker. I love that game, but I don't know if I can go back to aiming the bow and stuff with the control stick. Wiimote pointer is where it's at.

KentaRawr!
10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm surprised no one's talking about the DSi. I just read through the Liveblog, and it makes me really glad I didn't get a DS-Lite. I mean, really, look at this!

13:58: Impress Watch has a photo of the DSi.

13:59: More from Gemaga. As the rumors indicated, the DSi has a larger screen, 3.25 inches. There's a camera, and an audio-playing function. The camera is... goodness. 300,000 pixels? Is that 3 megapixels? You can apparently edit pictures using the touch screen. When playing back sounds, you can adjust the pitch and the playback speed. Why's that important? Why, for studying languages or playing music by ear, of course.

14:00: There's an SD memory card slot so you can dump your pictures right to Wii's photo channel, for example

14:04: Whoa, there's onboard memory apparently, so you can load it up with software... like games. You can download games. With Wii Points. Holy cow. Wii Points will be renamed "Nintendo Points." This just went from "well, interesting" to "must buy."

14:05: Nintendo DS web browser is built in.

14:06: From the "Nintendo DS Shop," you can download "Nintendo DS Ware." Software will be split into four categories: Free, 200, 500, Premium (800). And until March 2010, you'll get a free 1000 points (1000 yen or $10) when you buy a DSi.

14:10: The "DS Station" download kiosks in Japanese stores will enter their "second phase." A new service called "Nintendo Zone" will be started, which you can also use at McDonald's. (This must be the "strengthened internet communication" that early reports from Nikkei discussed.)

14:11: Nintendo DSi will be released in white and sooty-grey-black color variations, and launch on November 1 for 18900 yen (about $180). Yes, they've just raised the price of Nintendo DS a second time. You knew it was coming.

As a side note, with this...

14:06: From the "Nintendo DS Shop," you can download "Nintendo DS Ware." Software will be split into four categories: Free, 200, 500, Premium (800). And until March 2010, you'll get a free 1000 points (1000 yen or $10) when you buy a DSi.

and this...

14:29: They're going to start including a three-and-a-half minute demo movie called "Things You Can Do With Wii" with new Wii hardware, to get more people using the Internet features of Wii. They're releasing a (new?) Wii Wi-Fi Adapter. And if you, a Wii owner, help another Wii owner get connected with the Internet, they'll give you both a free 500 Wii Points in a new campaign.

I'll be pretty happy. :3

Edit: Actually, wait. There's no GBA Slot.

Roto13
10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Again, the DSi got it's own thread before this one started. :P

KentaRawr!
10-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Aw fudge-biscuits.

Evastio
10-07-2008, 12:10 AM
This is awesome. :D

Also Dreddz, this isn't as pointless as you think it may be. True, the Gamecube remakes might end up being more expensive than the originals. But considering that you'll have to get a Gamecube Controller and a Gamecube Memory Card to play GameCube games on the Wii if you never owned a GameCube before it'll be much more expensive buying all of that than it will be just buying the GameCube remakes for the Wii. The GameCube remakes will let Wii owners play some of the older games from the GameCube without using GameCube Controllers and Memory Cards which are hard to come across nowadays.

I was wondering, are you able to use GameCube Controllers for these remakes or does it restrict you to the Wii Remote & Nunchuk/Classic Controller? Is there also any news about F-Zero GX being re-released?