PDA

View Full Version : laser power sync failure

rubah
10-03-2008, 06:56 AM
I've tried to burn some cds and dvds recently in my quest for dualbooting, but they keep failing and giving me an error: "failed to sync laser power level" or something along those lines. I tried at slow speeds and high speeds, and I'm pretty sure I've successfully burned on these dvds before.

I figured it might be because of having undervolted with Coolbook (coolbook.se) but after uninstalling (and a reboot) the dvd still failed. Actually it had failed another way the first time, but it gave me the power level sync warning again.

Googling reveals a bunch of people saying it's a hardware issue, and if that's the case, I'd have to be a little miffed because I already had the superdrive on my MBP replaced once!

oh yeah, and if you haven't paid attention in the last year, I use a MBP1,1 (core duo 2.16gh Q3 06)

Dr Unne
10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Make a Linux live CD/DVD on someone else's computer, boot Linux from that and try to burn something.

RocketMBA
10-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Reinstall ASPI layer/replace drive. In that order.

rubah
10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
isn't that for windows?

I can insert dvds, but it just spits cds back out at me x.x;

I managed to burn a dvd just now; it claims it was successful, but we'll just have to see, won't we?

rubah
10-04-2008, 02:17 AM
update: managed to burn dvd so I got my defragging done, but still can't burn dvds x.x;

(btw watching a filesystem defrag is one of the most beautiful sights in the world imo)

RocketMBA
10-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Sorry homeboy, I assumed you were on the Windows. My mind's been everywhere today!