PDA

View Full Version : Hair Color Suggestions

Jessweeee♪
10-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm posting here because whenever I need hair advice you all are always here to help n.n

I'm going to add some color to my hair because brown is boring! I'm thinking of just dying the front part of my hair blond. Or maybe one whole side. Iunno.

What do y'all think?

Momiji
10-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I think you'd look good with red hair. :p

EDIT: Then again, that may or may not just be me associating you with your Dahlia sets.

Peegee
10-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Any color lighter than your existing brown will be difficult to achieve. I hope you get good results.

I second the 'red' color, as long as you make it a red highlight rather than straight red like in my profile gallery =)

Madame Adequate
10-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Orange or purple.

Ouch!
10-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Third for red.

theundeadhero
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Post a picture with your current hairstyle for the best advice :)

Rye
10-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Red will do wonders. Don't do blonde.

Don't do black either, because your hair is really long, and I've never been taken with long unnaturally black hair. That's why I waited to cut my hair before I dyed it.

Shronz_Thegreat
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
I think you would make a very hawt redhead. -nodnod-

Akaria
10-03-2008, 09:41 PM
I'll be a sixth for red.

I just did mine so that it's bright fire engine smurf-off red, and it's a lot of fun! xD Of course, the brighter you go, the more attention you'll undoubtedly get, so if you're not into that, maybe a darker red would be nice:D

Marshall Banana
10-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I think brown is the prettiest hair color! =O

My mother has brown hair and blonde highlights, and her hair looks great!

NeoCracker
10-03-2008, 10:01 PM
I say darken it a bit myself. :p

And no red. God I hate red hair. XD red tint or highlights work though. :p

Værn
10-03-2008, 10:58 PM
I say red, in spite of NeoCracker!
And also because that's the only color I've ever done. Once. With Kool-Aid. Sentence fragment.
Shun's dogs enjoyed trying to tackle me to get to my cherry-licious hair =^_^=

Jessweeee♪
10-03-2008, 11:12 PM
...I didn't even THINK of red. ...that would be really neat o.o

Hmm...yes...red streaks...sounds excellent! Thank you EoFF for your wonderful suggestions n.n

Aerith's Knight
10-04-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm always partial to redheads, so red!

But make it natural looking, I hate chemical red.

blackmage_nuke
10-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Silver

Jessweeee♪
10-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Iunno if my mom (or the school) will let me use any colors that aren't natural :(

Otherwise I would have blue hair.

Goldenboko
10-04-2008, 01:45 AM
One girl in my school has this one small stripe of red going down her hair and fading till it disappears right before the end of the hair. Its pretty awesome, quite purty imo.

Marshall Banana
10-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Not red. =(

Aerith's Knight
10-04-2008, 02:04 AM
You'd think that with the strawberry fetisch, you of all people would want red. xD

Tavrobel
10-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Blue. You gotta have the blue hair.

Jiro
10-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Flame Red and Electric Blue streaks. That is my plan as soon as I stop being lazy.

But seeing as that's my idea, I eighth(?) red!

EDIT: Actually, I'm with Tavrobel. Blue, go blue!

Marshall Banana
10-04-2008, 02:14 AM
You'd think that with the strawberry fetisch, you of all people would want red. xD
I like natural red hair, but I usually hate the look of hair that's dyed red, and I definitely hate the look of brown hair with red streaks! For some reason it looks icky! :kaocry:

Also, when I was in high school, I hated my natural blonde hair, so I tried to dye it brown. My result was an icky red/brown color:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/monda_highschool.jpg

In some pictures my hair looks orange:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/chemistry.jpg

After several more unsuccessful attempts, I highlighted my hair with blonde streaks to hold me over until my hair became its natural color again (it was turning light brown); my hair still looked icky:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/monda_highschool02.jpg

Be careful! :kaocry2:

Goldenboko
10-04-2008, 02:22 AM

And Robot Boots.

Tavrobel
10-04-2008, 02:26 AM

And Robot Boots.

You're just a kid. Maybe when you're older.

Goldenboko
10-04-2008, 02:27 AM

And Robot Boots.

You're just a kid. Maybe when you're older.

I'll just fly around in some cool poses.

Aerith's Knight
10-04-2008, 02:56 AM
I like natural red hair, but I usually hate the look of hair that's dyed red, and I definitely hate the look of brown hair with red streaks! For some reason it looks icky! :kaocry:

Also, when I was in high school, I hated my natural blonde hair, so I tried to dye it brown. My result was an icky red/brown color:

After several more unsuccessful attempts, I highlighted my hair with blonde streaks to hold me over until my hair became its natural color again (it was turning light brown); my hair still looked icky:

>_>

<_<

I actually thought you looked quite nice in those(But I'm only a guy, what do I know?). Even the red hair. But as I said, always been partial to red hair.

If you go for red, make sure it's natural looking. And I mean really make sure.

Goldenboko
10-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Just thought I'd throw out there that I thought Marshall looked cute in all of those pictures.

Marshall Banana
10-04-2008, 03:24 AM
I think I look cute in my pictures, too, but I don't like my hair colors. =O

Momiji
10-04-2008, 03:44 AM

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/monda_highschool.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/chemistry.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/monda_highschool02.jpg

Monda, your hair is perfect how it is. Don't change it!

By the way, I totally saved those pictures.

Jessweeee♪
10-04-2008, 04:31 AM
...actually, orange wouldn't be that bad! Maybe I should just make my hair a rainbow after I graduate xD

Jebus
10-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Burnt sienna!

No, Taupe! TAUPE!

Caraliz
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I've done a lot of dyeing and here are the facts:
1. Red/purple is the hardest tone to get out of hair, usually has to be dyed or washed out with special chemicals. Usually turns orangey after awhile so lots of maintenance must be done to keep it the red color you like.
2. Black is also one of the hardest colors to get out, the only way you can get it out is by it fading itself, or by bleaching.

So basically if you want to be safe, go a few shades lighter or darker. Don't do anything too dramatic. I don't think red streaks would be bad, but I'm opposed to dyeing the whole thing red. Especially a light red. You can get away with little trouble from red if it's darker, I've found.

Jessweeee♪
10-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Thanks liz :</>D