PDA

View Full Version : Gig

I Don't Need A Name
10-04-2008, 03:44 PM
So whats the best concert you've ever been to?
I loved the Australian Pink Floyd concert that i went to, but Enter Shikari last night at Hull Uni (lol) was just amazing

RocketMBA
10-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Akon at T4 in Weston-super-Mare.

No, seriously. It was awesome. The surprise element helped, no doubt, because everybody expected him to suck. I mean, it's Akon!

Madame Adequate
10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I hate concerts.

Heath
10-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Does Just a Minute in Manchester count? :D If so, most definitely that. Otherwise I haven't been to that many or even have one I particularly liked because they're expensive and not really my kind of thing.

Edit: Though in terms of actual music, going to the Liverpool Philharmonic in February for a performance of The Planets was something I loved. Did two Wagner overtures as well, I think.

Cz
10-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't have a clear favourite, but Radiohead at the V Festival in '06 was pretty great. I'd been slightly (slightly) underwhelmed when I'd seen them before, but they were really fantastic that day. The set was great, the light show was superb, and Beck was supporting that day. And it didn't hurt that I was in the front row, either.

o_O
10-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Both Tool and Muse were completely insane when I saw them last year.

The best "gig" I've ever been to though, was Sander van Doorn at Godskitchen this year. I dunno if you can call it a gig, but it was still awesome. :p

The Unknown Guru
10-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Two words: Gogol Bordello.

Seriously. Best friggin live band ever. People moshing to gypsy punk is one of the coolest things I have ever seen, not to mention like five people with bass drums, accordions and crud dancing around the stage and a crazy Ukrainian guy that looks like a pirate crowd surfing on a drum.

On a side note: That may have been one of the messiest sentences I have ever written, but I think it gets the point through clearly enough.

Jiro
10-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I've been to one concert ever and it was Kisschasy. Laugh if you must, I got dragged. I don't mind them, but still... Concerts aren't my thing :D

erikramza
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Areosmith & Motley Crue

Balzac
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Bon Jovi in Hyde Park. Absolutely amazing. Closely followed by The Misfits at Camdem Palace and Tanacious D at the MEN.

Tallulah
10-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I've been to a grand total of two, the most recent was The Bootleg Beatles/Bjorn Again at Lincoln Castle last August.

I am going to The Enemy next March.