PDA

View Full Version : Fair Go?

.:kerrod:.
10-05-2008, 06:59 AM
i was just playing my psp version of FFT where all of my people are pretty damn strong and i've finished the story line and midlight's deep (i forget if that's the new name or old name :p) and all that, and now im just trying to master all of the classes for at least one person (i have a few people on Lv. 99 (including Ramza) and most are pretty close to that), but it's always harder for Ramza to learn the magic classes when he gets to this stage because i've raised him as a fighter...i was just wondering whether anybody has tried to make Ramza a mage from the start and, if so, how did it turn out? because it seems to me he would be weaker overall if raised as a mage (although i am aware that there is a slight difference between males and females as far as their natural magic [and physical] skills go)

Wolf Kanno
10-05-2008, 09:28 AM
As someone who has gotten Ramza to master all job classes (even being bored enough to get Mime to job level 8 :rolleyes2) I can say this at least... Ramza is not a normal character and his stats are made in such a way where he is frighteningly powerful as either a mage or a fighter.

In the past, I've told people who wondered how useful or good a job class can be should turn Ramza into the class and watch him in action. Granted, at Lv. 99 he can no longer benefit from class specific stat level upgrades but he would still be a mean mage nonetheless. Making a killer mage from a statistical standpoint is challenging in this game but Ramza already starts off with a pretty high magic stat and faith. At this point its just creating the right combination of abilities in order to make him a magic guru. :cool:

EDIT: Another thing to point out is that magic happens to have more stats that affect its effectiveness (Faith, magic power, zodiac, weather, magic defense...) so don't get discouraged if he does pitiful damage to a few enemies.

BG-57
10-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Also you can raise his faith as much as you want without him leaving the party. Could you imagine if he could?

By the endgame I have him with Math Skills as secondary skillset. He can then unleash devastating magical attacks with no charge time or MP cost.

The dungeon is Deep Dungeon in the PSX version and Midlight's Deep in the PSP version.

VeloZer0
10-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Its also interesting to note that no mater which job you level up as you MA stat grows the same. So at lv99 you will have the same MA if you leveled as Knight or Black Mage.

So you have nothing to gain by leveling up as a magic class, and pass up on all the physical based stats by doing so.

erikramza
10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Its also interesting to note that no mater which job you level up as you MA stat grows the same. So at lv99 you will have the same MA if you leveled as Knight or Black Mage.

So you have nothing to gain by leveling up as a magic class, and pass up on all the physical based stats by doing so.

MP

VeloZer0
10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
True, but I don't usually have problems running out of MP at the end of the game, and there are many ways to refill it. What you gain in MP seems to be far outweighed in what you can gain in Spd and HP.

Ziekfried
11-06-2008, 09:40 PM

ah but here is where it gets interesting. Ramza's squire is one of the few classes that levels up magic attack higher than the other classes. So he makes an even more powerful mage than most other characters.

Also I'm pretty sure mime is the only generic job class that levels up magic power higher than the others.

VeloZer0
11-08-2008, 03:48 PM
You would be correct on both counts, although Ramza's magic growth is only somewhat larger than all other classes.

(For reference: all other classes have a growth of 50, Ramza a growth of 48, and Mimes a growth of 40, in a system where a lower number is better)