PDA

View Full Version : EAGLE EYE (Nothing but spoilers)

Mercen-X
10-05-2008, 09:38 AM
So I saw Eagle Eye (1230 showing Friday) and I got to say it was not horrible, in fact it rocked my jocks. I basically figured out the underlying plot little more than fifteen minutes in, the second that this cell voice calls called not only Shia Lebouf but that other chick... I realized then that we were dealing with AI. Then moving from there, little details that otherwise might have been misinterpreted earlier like the kid's trumpet being stolen by some strange dude who's talking to himself are explained the second you enter high-security area with a munitions demonstration. I was basically able to see where they were going, how'd they'd get there, who'd they meet, what they'd do, and what they were told. It was great considering it made it less important to pay attention and I was able to mack on my girlfriend who was apparently losing interest in the movie (or just more interested in me since impossible to not like that movie).

---
Anyway, how many movies/shows have you seen or games played that weren't TOTAL cliche's that you were able to see through before it really started?

Jiro
10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I wateched Eagle Eye last Friday, and I loved it. I picked the plot too, though it took me a little longer than it took you. I had no idea what it was about, so I was skeptic when I first got my ticket (cause there was nothing else on before I had to leave). But it was brilliant, exactly the type of movie I like.

I can normally pick plotlines fairly well, but I have a friend who has never gotten one wrong, and he picks them within the first 30 minutes. Every little detail. I say he's just lucky :D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-06-2008, 01:21 AM
no one liked my thread :( loved the movie http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/120419-eagle-eye.html

Moon Rabbits
10-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Generally I can predict new Hollywood horror movies pretty damned well.

I usually can tell if a movie is going to have a happy or horribly depressing ending before it's over too. Like Blow. I watched that last night and I totally knew the ending was heading in that "you won't think life is worth living after this movie is over" direction. And it did ; -;