PDA

View Full Version : Books/stories similar to the Final Fantasy series!?

smudge
10-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey guys was hoping to get some of your wisdom and a little help with something. I am very passionate about fantasy and sci-fi, especially the Final Fantasy series, in particular Final Fantasy 7. As well as playing fantasy and sci-fi games I enjoy reading it too. I really want to find stories similar to that of the Final fantasy epics. Similar plot, characters, magic, creatures, vehicles, weapons, basically everything Final Fantasy. I had a brief look in Waterstones and found Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, which is the nearest to what I am looking for that I had been able to find so far. However, I know there will be more out there that better suits or even (hopefully) matches or nearly matches what I am after.

Are there any novels out there that the writers of Final Fantasy took inspiration or influence from when making/writing the games?

Are there any novels out there that took inspiration or influence from Final Fantasy??

Are there any stories out there that are similar to the stories and events in any of the Final Fantasy games?? ??

Thanks

Leeza
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi. Welcome to EoFF. I can't answer you questions but I'll move this the the Help Forum. :cat:

Moon Rabbits
10-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Final Fantasy is pretty heavily influenced by Star Wars sometimes. It's not a book, but hey.

Momiji
10-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Final Fantasy is pretty heavily influenced by Star Wars sometimes. It's not a book, but hey.

Um, yeah, there are Star Wars books. My fanatic father has the original trilogy in book form. :p

~*~Celes~*~
10-06-2008, 12:49 AM
The Wheel of Time series :bigsmile: