PDA

View Full Version : ASTROLOGYYYY~

Moon Rabbits
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Do you buy into it? I do. I'm a pretty big believer in all things to do with natal charts. Take a look at this (http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal) and tell me what you think. Mine was pretty accurate.

So, astrology, yay or nay? Do you read your horoscope?

Rye
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I like reading sexual astrology for fun! :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
10-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I cannot think of bigger bull**** than Astrology.

How people can even think that a few lines can count for 6.000.000.000/365 people, is beyond me.

Momiji
10-05-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't really buy into or believe in it at all, but I still enjoy reading horoscopes from time to time.

I'm an Aquarius!

Moon Rabbits
10-05-2008, 10:47 PM
I cannot think of bigger bull**** than Astrology.

How people can even think that a few lines can count for 6.000.000.000/365 people, is beyond me.

That's not quite what it is. I believe in birthcharts more than anything else. Depending on the orientation of the planets to the Sun and Earth, your personality is different. An Aquarian with Aries in Venus is going to be different from an Aquarian with Cancer in Venus.

Srrsly, if you don't buy it than try the birth chart generator on that website. It's pretty damned gooooooood~

Vivisteiner
10-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Astrology is a load of crap.

I tried out your thing for fun though. The first paragraph sounded a lot like me, but the second was practically the complete opposite. Its all vagues guess work.

Madame Adequate
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes... it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.

kikimm
10-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't have a definite opinion about it, but I do like to read and experiment with it, it's interesting to me. Also fun when it's right. =)

That link that you gave was pretty good for me. Some of the stuff I don't feel was me, some of it used to apply to me but doesn't anymore as I have changed over the years, etc. But I think most or all of the big points it made were completely accurate.

I do think that horoscopes are http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif though.

BardTard
10-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Somewhat. It's sometimes true and sometimes not. Like not all virgos are neat freaks but ALOT of geminis are hilarious.

Heath
10-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I am Pisces.

He is compassionate and sentimental. He likes isolated occupations: administration, archives, history. Spirit of self-sacrifice.

Weaknesses: tendency to be led astray, lack of experience or inability to apply experience practically. Lethargy, over-sensitivity and emotionalism.

I agree with the bits I've bolded. Don't know if I've a spirit of self-sacrifice, may well do. I wouldn't say I'm overly-sensitive or emotional though.

As for astrology itself, I never bother to read horoscopes (I don't even know if the broadsheet papers I read print them!) and don't believe in it.

LunarWeaver
10-05-2008, 11:12 PM
It's just another case of lauding it as accurate when it's right and making excuses when it's not.

theundeadhero
10-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Ever since it let me down on July 24th, 1997 I've been wary.

Fate Fatale
10-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't really believe what my horoscope is, but the site you provided was almost dead on about my personality.

Roto13
10-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Astrology has "ology" in it like there's logic involved. That's so funny.

Jebus
10-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least
a bit unlikely that the relative position of the planets
and the stars could have a special deep significance or
meaning that exclusively applies to only you, but let
me give you my assurance that these forecasts and
predictions are all based on solid, scientific, documented
evidence, so you would have to be some kind of
moron not to realize that every single one of them is
absolutely true.

Shoeberto
10-06-2008, 01:53 AM
It's cheap, trashy entertainment. Though taking any astronomy class of even the lowest level (like I'm doing right now!) pretty much shows why astrologists are pulling it all out of their butts.

Momiji
10-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least
a bit unlikely that the relative position of the planets
and the stars could have a special deep significance or
meaning that exclusively applies to only you, but let
me give you my assurance that these forecasts and
predictions are all based on solid, scientific, documented
evidence, so you would have to be some kind of
moron not to realize that every single one of them is
absolutely true.

Where was I?

Libra! A big promotion is just around the corner for someone much more talented than you; Laughter is the very best medicine, remember that when your appendix bursts next week~

Scorpio!~...

XxSephirothxX
10-06-2008, 02:01 AM
I think astrology is pretty dumb.

Moon Rabbits
10-06-2008, 02:25 AM
I agree that some parts of astrology are a little silly, I don't take my horoscopes seriously but I still like to read them. Birth charts though, in all my experiences with them, have been surprisingly accurate a surprising amount of times.

Try the ones on the site, I sayyyy~

rubah
10-06-2008, 02:36 AM
I like to read mine, roogle's, and LN's horoscopes from the student newspaper every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's fun to see if they correlate, but mostly they don't. Then, I do the sudoku.

That site said some things that were somewhat relevant and a lot of things that weren't, so I stopped reading.

The best astrology I've ever seen was a book about astrology and sex!

Jessweeee♪
10-06-2008, 02:47 AM
I like to compare my horoscope to how my day went :p

SilverWind
10-06-2008, 03:31 AM
I think I completely messed it up some how. Whatever I put in didn't describe me well at all. Conjunctioned with the fact that the stuff kinda went over my head. Whatever. Most of the time that I read that kinda stuff I'm pretty apathetic, anyway.

Raistlin
10-06-2008, 03:53 AM
I agree that some parts of astrology are a little silly, I don't take my horoscopes seriously but I still like to read them. Birth charts though, in all my experiences with them, have been surprisingly accurate a surprising amount of times.

Using "astrology" to give a depiction of someone's personality is on the same intellectual level as those online quizzes made by 13-year-olds which profess to do the same based on what colors you like.

And by "same intellectual level," I mean that both are based on not one shred of empirical evidence and a whole bunch of nonsense.

Yar
10-06-2008, 04:10 AM
Astrology? No, thank you. :)

Now numerology, that's where it's at. :rolleyes2

Zeromus_X
10-06-2008, 04:39 AM
That natal chart database thing doesn't have the city I was born in. =(

Well anyways, I've always thought Astrology was fun to read. I don't really believe in it like the absolute truth or anything, but I don't think it's completely fake.

Mercen-X
10-06-2008, 04:51 AM
I certainly don't believe Astrology has any ability to influence or predict my future, but I do use it as a valuable suggestion. I look at my Chinese and Greek Zodiacs and see the type of person they suppose me to be and the type of people I'm supposed to associate with or avoid. Sometimes, I heed the info I get, sometimes I do the opposite. My horoscope once said that my inspiration would dry up in the following month and I waited several months before I even felt a hint at this. I rely on my horoscope as a type of narrow psychological profile that gives me miniscule advice which I sometimes take. But then again, I consider myself to be an adept psyche-analyst and I interpret astrological horoscopes differently than the casual believer.

Meat Puppet
10-06-2008, 05:00 AM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iunr4B4wfDA" title="I agree with this man">Our little planet <i>is</i> under the influence of a star.</a>

scrumpleberry
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
It's fun. And it often seems accurate to me, although that could be the power of self-suggestion.

I don't see any way for it to be possible, but it hasn't been completely disproven. I enjoy it.

rubah
10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
my horoscope today says I'm bound to find some money today. I did get some nice pictures in the mail, but I don't think that's what it meant. It was pretty explicit about money.

Montoya
10-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I tried it and it almost became scary when it was dead accurate but then it got the rest totally wrong. Fun to read, but I don't believe in Astrology.

theundeadhero
10-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Tomorrow I'm either going to meet the love of my life or inherit a farm of cows. Go astrology!

rubah
10-07-2008, 01:08 AM
I found a quarter in my raincoat, but I knew it wa$ going to be there, $o it doe$n't count. $$$till lookin' for my money

Shiny
10-08-2008, 05:28 AM
The astrological after sex comments are pretty funny imo.

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Horoscopes are brilliant because you will always go "OMG that's actually kinda accurate!" and start thinking 'outside the box of rational thinking'. But if you stop for a moment, you realise that "Something may happen to you, or someone around you, or someone like you that may or may not exist at some point in the future maybe" is pretty much accurate to anyone.

Except dead people. But they can't read anyway.

PetAC
07-27-2012, 08:40 AM
No,I don not buy it..But different have different choice.

Wolf Kanno
07-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Sorry, we don't really like to revive threads older than maybe two or three months old, let alone this four year old monstrosity. If you are interested in the topic then I suggest starting a new thread with a fresh spin. ;)