PDA

View Full Version : oh, now i c wat u did there!

blackmage_nuke
10-07-2008, 03:26 PM
The game was called Red Alert because of all the communism!

Did it ever take you a long time to figure out something in a game that was meant to be obvious?

I also use to think that change disks, tree stump joke in secret of monkey island was being serious.

Nominus Experse
10-07-2008, 06:50 PM
The reasoning for naming Arbok, Ekans, Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam as they are.

Pete for President
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
The reasoning for naming Arbok, Ekans, Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam as they are.

I figured out the first two just this moment :eep:

Also, Meryl's codec frequency in MGS1.

Roto13
10-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I still don't have a clue what Tales of Symphonia is supposed to mean.

BG-57
10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
While we're on the subject of Pokemon brain teasers I once read that Koffing and Wheezing were called N.Y. and L.A. in the original Japanese. Took me a while to connect the dots.

Moon Rabbits
10-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Everything in this thread, basically.

JKTrix
10-08-2008, 02:00 AM
A lot of the Pokemon names have some kind of trickery involved in them. Girafarig is a palindrome.

'Koffing' and 'Weezing' in Japanese are not 'NY and LA', though. They're just 'Poisonous Gas' and 'More Poisonous Gas'.

I was playing 'de Blob' and was like 'wow, it's really a blob.' And 'Super Robot Wars Z', it has a Z 'cuz it's the last series for PS2 (supposedly).

I dunno, I guess I don't get 'surprised' by games when it comes to the names of things that much, most of them are pretty obvious.

RocketMBA
10-08-2008, 03:28 AM
I was calling Luigi "Lucas" for years.

Vermachtnis
10-09-2008, 12:10 AM
That those ReDeads in Hyrule Castle Town from Ocarina of Time are probably those people you just talked to a few moments ago.

arcanedude34
10-09-2008, 12:25 AM
The tree stump in Monkey Island, most of the puzzles in the first two Monkey Island games, Meryl's frequency (WHY would they say it was on the back of the CD case if you have a mother-smurfing CD in your inventory?! I was so confused -_-). They're the only ones I can think of.