PDA

View Full Version : Most Tragic Heroine

Forsaken Lover
10-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Well most of the girls in the FF series have some heavy baggage. Which of them suffered the most? And accordingly, which of them dealt with that sufferin the best?

Zechs
10-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd say Yuna. She knew she'd have to sacrifice herself. Even with the emotions she acquired for Titus. Knowledge gained about her fathers Pilgrimage.
With that, she still trooped on. And I'm sure she'd have gone the whole way.

Saber
10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Well I don't like when something unearthly happens to them in game,,,Fran... Terra... and much others. Who had it worse? Celes if I'm even understanding the topic. Who deal with their "Baggage" better? TIFA HAHA

The Crystal
10-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Terra Branford. Being used against her will as a biological weapon by an evil empire, watching her entire race being exterminated, watching the destruction of the world, etc.

PeneloRatsbane
10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Quistis, poor thing shafted for Rinoa, ouch.
Celes does have a tragic air and tries to kill herself.
Aeris. she was shishkebabed come on
Ashe, widow at 19,

qwertysaur
10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I would say Yuna.

First she loses her mother, then her father sacrifices himself to defeat Sin.

Then she knows that she will die at the end of her Journey, yet she always must keep her smile to give the people of Spira hope.

rubah
10-09-2008, 12:28 AM
my first thought was freya

Wolf Kanno
10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
my first thought was freya

I agree, unlike most of the other heroines in the series, Freya doesn't exactly have a happy ending. Sure Fratley was found alive but because of his amnesia she now has to rebuild that relationship from square one and despite only catching a glimpse of it; I think we all know it would be rather heart-wrenching to watch.

My other choice is Princess Ovelia who once again basically gets used and screwed over throughout most of FFT. Though the ending is somewhat ambiguous, either way, it wasn't a happy ending for her. :(

Beyond that, most of the other heroines either got happy endings or had strong personalities that allowed them to accept their misfortune.

Bolivar
10-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I was most moved by Yuna, and I sympathized a hellova lot for Ashe. It's so sad to see the flashback with her and Rasler, how innocent she was and what she became transformed into. By a series of events outside of her control, she became a walking symbol of hatred, consumed by her fury.

DarkLadyNyara
10-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Freya. Her "happy ending" is friggin' depressing. To say nothing of her home kingdom getting destroyed. And yet she doesn't complain about it.

Forsaken Lover
10-12-2008, 03:08 AM
The lack of Garnet is fail.
She lost two mothers, a father, a people, had her one mother rip the power out of her and kill dozens of innocent people with it, saw her mother's soul used by a madman who was going to destroy the universe....and there's probably more.

Wolf Kanno
10-12-2008, 05:20 AM
The lack of Garnet is fail.
She lost two mothers, a father, a people, had her one mother rip the power out of her and kill dozens of innocent people with it, saw her mother's soul used by a madman who was going to destroy the universe....and there's probably more.

..but she had a happy ending...

PeneloRatsbane
10-12-2008, 12:37 PM
but Ashe lost like 8 brothers, a mother, her father, her kingdom, and her hubby. then mercilessly helped in the destruction of her greatest protector Vossler, sees how much shes gone wrong

Bolivar
10-13-2008, 08:45 PM
^ She lost everything, yo.

Garnet still had her fuzzy little friends to stay with her on her magical journey!!! How cute...

champagne supernova
10-15-2008, 11:05 PM
I think one cannot deny that Aeris probably had the least happy ending. She got iced and then she just got dropped in a lake to be turned into fish-feed. So much for a funeral :rolleyes2
And she was being chased by ShinRa for her entire life and was completely alone as the last of her race.

Quistis was quite tragic by VIII's standards. She was the only one to be alone at the end of the game. So I guess her ending wasn't happy either, as she'd have to third-wheel for the rest of her natural life.

Tifa was also tragic. She lost her entire family because of Sephiroth and then had to go try sort out a friend who was completely screwed in the head. And ended up in a love triangle (although she ended up winning - I don't care what you say, but Cloud and her definitely did it at the end of disc 2).

Ashe got raw dealt. But I didn't like her. So I can't really vote for her. Or Penelo. Fran is also tragic in that she got kicked out of her village and can never return.

I think Yuna is a very tragic figure. But that has already been discussed. And I agree with Terra and Celes too. And I have not played IX - I would like to, but there's not much chance of that happening unless it is remade or placed on PSN.

But I think Aeris is probably the most tragic.

PeneloRatsbane
10-16-2008, 12:11 AM
the thing about Fran is that its sad and all that she can't go home and be with her veira sisters but on the flip side she gets freedom and to live her life with Balthier. they seem to have a lot of fun and adventures together, it'll be very sad when he dies and she's left alone :'(
but with the life they lead they'll probably die together in some sort of heroic endeavour