PDA

View Full Version : Tifa bug

White Queen
10-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Anyone else being bitten? This has happened to both me and my best friend - Tifa never learns her level 2 limit break, no matter how many enemies she's killed. I'm practically on disc 2, Tifa's been in my party A LOT and I've even levelled up using only her to kill enemies. Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's obviously ingrained in the game because my friend and I both experienced it on our own copies of the game.

Flying Mullet
10-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Weird, I've never had that happen. Then again, I've only played through FFVII six or so times, so it's possible I'd need more playthroughs to enjoy this "feature".

Aerith's Knight
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I never really had that problem, of course, I hardly ever used tifa.

She was "so-so" at magic and her punches were weak.

I'd rather use Red XIII or Cid.

But I did always get level 3 to install the level 4 limit break. Wasn't that hard, I suggest you set her to fury.

Bolivar
10-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Yeah, i never had that either, strange...

Skyblade
10-09-2008, 05:02 AM
Go to the forests outside Junon, equip Tifa with a summon (or Matra Magic, since it takes much less MP and should still kill them easy), and spam it on the groups of five enemies that show up there. Easy killfests, and it lets you keep track of how many she's killed. I use this area for maxing everyone except Cloud's Limit Breaks (his are maxed before we leave Midgar. Meteorain on Rufus is fun), and I've always gotten my new ones at the proper point. Look at how many she's supposed to kill, count out her killing that many, and if you still don't get credit, then you know it's a bug. Levelling with just her and having her in your party alot doesn't guarantee passing the required amount (though it does make it very likely).

Levian
10-09-2008, 10:19 AM
It's weird that this has happened to both you and your friend and almost no one else. ;o is this PC, PAL or NTSC? Knowing which version it is won't help though, I'm just curious.

You seem to know that Tifa is the one who has to do the killing, so that's good. So here's a little check list for you:

1) Kills made with Odin's Steel Cutting Sword attack do not count.
2) Kills made by residual poison damage, i.e. the damage taken each round, not
the damage caused by the initial casting, do not count.
3) Kills made by enemies you have manipulated do not count.
4) Kills made with Death Sentence do not count.

unorthodox ways of killing, but worth mentioning I guess. and lastly, Tifa has to kill 96 enemies to get that next limit.

Did you get Somersault?

White Queen
10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I got Somersault, and I've killed WAY more than 96 enemies. Done the Junon forest trick...used it to level Aeris up as well. I'm still trying, but I'm in Wutai now and still now show...*sigh*...and Tifa's limit is so kick-ass.

crazybayman
10-09-2008, 06:35 PM
This might be a stupid question, but did you move her limit break level to 2 in the character menu?

Mercen-X
10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
You are correct in your assumption... how can Level 2 be switched to if a Level 2 break hasn't been learned.

Are you sure you're making sure to use her LIMIT as often as possible? I once had a circumstance in which I couldn't get Cloud to learn Clim Hazzard even though he'd already gained Meteorain and Finishing Touch. Not having that one LIMIT made it impossible for me to get Omnislash and the bastard just wouldn't learn that damn Clim Hazzard.

Are you sure you've used Tifa to individually kill a total of 96 enemies? Maybe while using her LIMIT, multiple enemies are counted as one, you ever figure that? Not that I honestly know.

Remulak
10-09-2008, 08:52 PM
To kill enemies fast I just learned Beta from the Midgar Zoloom guy and put it on Tifa. It hits for about 1500 damage if you want to kill enemies fast.

Levian
10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
There exists a glitch where you won't receive any limit breaks at all, but you've got Somersault, so that's obviously not the case here. I don't know what's up, but it doesn't sound like a glitch. D:

Mercen-X
10-15-2008, 04:21 AM
What is the average level of your characters? Are you focusing only on Tifa's LIMIT Breaks? Maybe you need to give her a break from your party. I neglected to mention that I eventually got Cloud to learn Clim Hazzard (but it was a real bisht since he's always in the party).

Wolf Kanno
10-15-2008, 04:28 AM
I've come across this before from a under classmen back in high school. He got all of Cid's Limit Breaks but the game refused to let him use the Highwind item to gain Cid's Lv. 4. I don't know what really causes it. His character had all limit breaks and was in the 70's level-wise. I just didn't know how to help him.