PDA

View Full Version : <3 = X

NeoTifa
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
so i was talking about how i got sick when i drank amp and everybody thinks i had a heart attack. im too young!!!!:cry: do you think its possible?

me: "i drank like 3 monsters a day back a few months ago. then i switched to amp. i only drank like 3 total in a span of 4 days. one day i woke up at like 10 pm and had a major dizzy spell. i NEVER get dizzy!!! i wobbled my way slowly down the stairs to the kitchen to try to eat and drink, thinking that this was my problem (eating my solution for everything :p), but when i got down there, i realized that my arms were too numb to reach the bread or pb or j. i got dizzy again and my chest got real tight, then i started puking and crying. it was all bad."
dude in my class: "dude, you had a heart attack!"
me:"NO WAY!!!!! im way too young!!!!!"

:( what do you think?

Bunny
10-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Sounds like an overdose.

Montoya
10-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Drink a lot of water, eat well, and get plenty of sleep.

Psychotic
10-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I had something like that happen to me last night actually. The left side of my chest really hurt for about a minute, and I swear afterwards I felt a tingle in the fingers on the left side of my hand although because I was looking out for it because I know that's a symptom of a heart attack, maybe I imagined it, and it didn't happen until long after the pain stopped. I don't know. I did feel light-headed and dizzy afterwards and had to lie down.

I guess what happened to either of us could have been a heart attack, although probably not. I'm hoping it was just some weird one-off, though, because what I read about heart attacks is that apparently the pain is very persistent, and for me it was over in a minute. If it happens again I am going to see a doctor and I recommend the same to you.

PS: if I never post again, I am dead. Construct my tomb. Continue my legacy. Ban...Joj...e....e....

NeoTifa
10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
lol. that sucks. i was dizzy, nauseous, and in pain for a while. my fingers were blue for like 3 hours and tingly. my arms were seriously numb though!!!! i was freaking out. i thought dehydration or something :(

Rantz
10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Wikipedia says:

Classical symptoms of acute myocardial infarction include sudden chest pain (typically radiating to the left arm or left side of the neck), shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, sweating, and anxiety (often described as a sense of impending doom). Women may experience fewer typical symptoms than men, most commonly shortness of breath, weakness, a feeling of indigestion, and fatigue.[1] Approximately one quarter of all myocardial infarctions are silent, without chest pain or other symptoms.

Important risk factors are previous cardiovascular disease (such as angina, a previous heart attack or stroke), older age (especially men over 40 and women over 50), tobacco smoking, high blood levels of certain lipids (triglycerides, low-density lipoprotein or "bad cholesterol") and low high density lipoprotein (HDL, "good cholesterol"), diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, chronic kidney disease, heart failure, excessive alcohol consumption, the abuse of certain drugs (such as cocaine), and chronic high stress levels.

So I guess it isn't impossible. I recommend seeing a doctor about it soon, but hypocritically enough, I myself would probably wait to see if it happened again before I did that.

zaqwert
10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
This may be a one time thing, but I think it may occur again. You had most of the symptoms of a heart attack during that incident. I'll list them.

- Chest Pain
- Nausea or Dizziness
- Sudden Weakness

Yeah, there's probably more but that's what I got from you. I don't drink any of those energy drinks, but I think you should definitely cut down or stop drinking. If this happens again, go see a doctor.

Levian
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't know, and I don't think the internet does either.

If you're worried you could go to the doctor and have your heart monitored, it's the only way to know for sure. It's an easy and cheap procedure, so might as well do it and get it out of your system.

What Psychotic described doesn't sound like a heart attack though, as the pain would come in the center and not on your left side.

Momiji
10-08-2008, 04:47 PM
I get feelings like that almost weekly (minus the crying). If they were heart attacks, I'd be long dead. They don't bother me that much though, so I really don't care.

They used to be more intense when I was younger, both in pain and frequency. They're just chest pains though, the doctors could never figure anything out. So either I'm fine with undiagnosable pain, or I'm chronically sick and I don't know it.

NeoTifa
10-08-2008, 04:52 PM
this was like major though. and my left arm was completely numb and blue, and my right arm was working on it. my doc said it was dehydration + flu. hes a quack though. like when i got in the car wreck he said i pressured him into pescribing me with physical therapy for my hips. what an ass

demondude
10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Get a better doctor then. D:

NeoTifa
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
i have crappy medicaid or w/e. i also get dizzy a lot now. im sick of it, but until me and laer laer get married, i is po' and aint gett'n no good docto'

Rye
10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Probably caffine + stress, because that happened to be a lot, and my Mom freaked out and made me take a ton of heart tests, and I'm perfectly fine. xD I'd nearly faint just getting out of the shower or bed sometimes because my heart with RACE out of nowhere and my limbs would go numb and I'd get dizzy and cold. Scary stuff, but nothing serious.

Bunny
10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
i have crappy medicaid or w/e. i also get dizzy a lot now. im sick of it, but until me and laer laer get married, i is po' and aint gett'n no good docto'

Stop drinking so many god damn energy drinks. FFS problem solved.

Tama2
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I use to be addicted Monsters and what-not. Then I had one too many at work. Started to get a headache. Took 2 aspirins and that was it. Headache got worse. Started losing control of my limbs. Couldn't think straight. I had to be rushed to the ER. Passed out 1/2 there. I work up to a doctor asking me if I'd like to charge medical. I said no, and my wife told me to stfu. Then I throw up.

Moral of the story. Stop drinking energy drinks. They are terrible for you.

P.S.
I use to get these crazy heart beats too. Extremely rapid for some reason. When I stopped drinking energy drinks they stopped. : D

Momiji
10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Energy drinks have way too much sugar anyway.

~*~Celes~*~
10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I love Vault ^^

qwertysaur
10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Energy drinks are horrible for you. Also they taste really bad for the most part.

Drink lots of Tea instead XD

demondude
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Tea is good, very good.

Momiji
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Energy drinks are horrible for you. Also they taste really bad for the most part.

Drink lots of Tea instead XD

Yeah, if I wanted an energy boost I'd consume something healthier. Also, energy drinks taste like cough syrup. >_>

Tea has a calming effect though! It's the opposite of energy. :p
It's still better for you though.

demondude
10-08-2008, 08:02 PM
If you want to be energised, take a cold shower while drinking boiling tea.

Momiji
10-08-2008, 08:09 PM
If you want to be energised, take a cold shower while drinking boiling tea pour boiling tea on yourself while drinking cold water.

:D

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I frequently have stabbing pains in my chest. Whatever, I say. I'll wonder what's wrong as I head towards the floor. xD

As a general statement, people need to chill.