PDA

View Full Version : "You're not cleaning, you're just organizing your trash!"

Vermachtnis
10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I was cleaning my room and my friends came over to "help." And I'm a huge pack rat, I can't throw anything away. They were going through my stuff asking questions like, "Do you really need a magazine from five years ago?" and "Why do you still have a box for your Gameboy Color?" Eventually they found something to do while I cleaned, except for one who got fed up and said the title. So anyway I'm done now and they left and now I'm telling you about it :D

So what type of person are you?

Bunny
10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm a lazy clean freak.

Like right now, at this very moment, my trash is overflowing onto my floor and that is totally gross and it makes me super angry and upset, but I'm too lazy to clean it up because the dumpster is down three flights of stairs and then forever away.

Momiji
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Unless it's trash, I keep it. I may need it sometime!

Shoeberto
10-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm a pretty bad pack rat. I get it from my dad. My mom really can't stand it sometimes.

Yar
10-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't know if I'm a pack rat as much as I just like to collect things others would consider trash. For example, I still have every program to every hockey game I've been to :).

kikimm
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I definitely have those pack rat tendencies. I force myself to throw things away, though, even if I keep thinking to myself for some insane reason that some day I just *might* need it.

I still have a huge problem keeping sentimental things though. :P I can hardly throw gum wrappers/receipts/etc away. Sigh.

SilverWind
10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah. I pretty much just keep important stuff. Although, it just takes awhile to get motivated to throw trash away.

(btw, what's the fourth option supposed to mean?)

louby_4eva
10-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I throw most things away but I keep really important things...although they have to be REALLY important to be kept :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

scrumpleberry
10-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm a lazy clean freak.

Like right now, at this very moment, my trash is overflowing onto my floor and that is totally gross and it makes me super angry and upset, but I'm too lazy to clean it up because the dumpster is down three flights of stairs and then forever away.

^ This.

I Don't Need A Name
10-08-2008, 10:21 PM
everything has a memory: keep everything :up:

Zeldy
10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I keep wayy too much, I have too much junk.

blackmage_nuke
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Im the first two options, I cant throw things away and I only keep important stuff.

Just to clarify I think everything is important

And I think theyre insane for suggesting that you throw away that gameboy box.

Tavrobel
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Spring cleaning exists for a reason. Otherwise, my treasure piles Diablo II riches junk is organized by memory.

rubah
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I uh, cut out some of my doodles from ninth grade(and earlier) notebooks so I could recycle the paper but keep the [crappy] doodles.

Peegee
10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I throw things away. I throw anything away. If I can afford to get a new one of it, I throw the old away.

I used to go through 5-6 pairs of shoes a year

I love throwing things in the garbage.

Jessweeee♪
10-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh gawd. I save EVERYTHING. Even dumb tickets from arcades I hardly ever visit with lame prizes that I don't care for.

Levian
10-09-2008, 02:07 AM
My mom has turned me off being a pack rat forever. She seems to have this disease where if a surface exists, she needs to cover it with junk that are either A) shaped like an animal B) too small to be useful as anything. What's the most annoying is that she puts stuff in front of drawers. Ex: to get into the napkin drawer at my mom's house, you have to remove 3 candlesticks, 2 hedgehogs, a box with nothing inside and a bust of an African woman.

So yeah, throw throw throw.

Shlup
10-09-2008, 03:42 AM
I actually think I'm quite good in this area. I throw away what I need to throw away and keep only what I need. I still haven't convinced my husband that it's time to throw away the Wii's box though.

Blue Harvest
10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I only keep important things. But saying that, it was only a few months ago that I threw out my old GBC and GBA boxes. I still have my DS box, but that'll probably go soon.

Jiro
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I normally keep lots of stuff, but then I force myself to clean up. However, at times like that, I normally end up losing/ throwing out something important. Oh well

Flying Mullet
10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I have some solid pack rat skills.