PDA

View Full Version : FABLE II

Mogi
10-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Yes, that's right, only thirteen more days.
*dance*

Anyway, did anyone see the G4 Fable II special on X-Play yesterday? There were a lot of new visuals, but the overall concept is still the same. Along with extremely minute hints at plot progression (mostly through visuals), there are massive amounts of in-game play, and it's just making me more and more eager to get my hands on it.

G4 - X-Play - Episodes (http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/episodes/7985/Fable_II_Special.html)

I reserved my copy last Friday. I've been totally freaking out waiting for this game the last two years.
AND ONLY THIRTEEN MORE DAYS.
And they will be the longest thirteen days of my life.

Anyway anyway, discuss Fable II. Speculation, opinion, hopes, dreams, worship, hate, whatever.

I love the puppy concept.
:D

Fonzie
10-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Online will be coming like a week later as DLC is all I have to provide to this thread.

Madame Adequate
10-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Not enthused by the dog thing but otherwise I am very excited. From what I hear, it builds on the first Fable and includes a whole bunch of stuff that was promised for it. I also hear that it does a damned good job at a good/evil system.

Most of all though, is local co-op. http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif yes. http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif yes. All is forgiven, Pete.

Except the absence of a new Syndicate.

Mogi
10-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Ooo yeah, all of the original locations are included.

I personally love the concept of having the dog involved.

The Fireball spell looks AMAZING.

Arc_Master_14
10-09-2008, 04:14 AM
Omg I cant wait!!!! but alas ill probably be stuck waiting til december. Every game I want is coming out around now Fable 2 banjo kazooie N&B like fo reals Im gonna be broke and my my fam is gonna have nothin to get me.

Araciel
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
smurf it. Fable sucked and wasn't what it was supposed to be.

Arc_Master_14
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
yea it may have not been what it was originally but it still turned out great

Araciel
10-11-2008, 08:10 PM
I didn't care for it even disregarding that fact.

Dreddz
10-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Fable II is definitely on my to get list. Loved the first game.

Fonzie
10-11-2008, 08:24 PM

Trollin', reported.

But anyways, you can get STDs in this game, what a wonderful life. :p

Quindiana Jones
10-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Bitchin'. And Dead Space too. Double bitchin'. And it's just before my birthday. That hardly matters, seeing as nobody buys me games for my birthday anyway. I was just throwing that in so that one of you remembers and makes a thread on the 26th October.

Dolentrean
10-11-2008, 08:43 PM
As they said the music changes with your combat style, I am going to try to make the beat to "Eye of the Tiger" while i fight.

Jessweeee♪
10-11-2008, 09:17 PM

Trollin', reported.

What? No way xD

LunarWeaver
10-12-2008, 03:25 AM
It's on my Gamefly list. They'll probably ship it out around the time it's released. To be honest, I was not into the first one much. It didn't make any sense why. I should have been, just wasn't. Maybe the second will capture my sparkly eyes.

I'm not sure if I'd use the co-op, though. I wasn't all that upset when I found it wasn't launching with it. But then I don't have anybody to play with anyway, so wtf do I care.

Iceglow
10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
I want, I want, I want! I cannot express just how much I want fable 2 it'll be my next big expenditure whether the girlfriend is happy about it or not lol. She understands my weakness for all things computer games but she doesn't approve that much since I can spend all day on a computer and not feel guilty.

Jiro
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
It's on preorder. It comes out on the 23rd here, so only 9 and a bit days left :D

Mogi
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM

Wah wah wah?
Where'd you hear that?
o.o

Also.
EIGHT MORE DAYS.

Magixion
10-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Also, looks like online co-op will be included in the release now.

Fable II: Fable II Online Co-Op So Making Release Date (http://kotaku.com/5061048/fable-ii-online-co+op-so-making-release-date)

You're welcome for making your day :P

Mogi
10-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Ya, I already knew.

There's in-game footage of it already P:

Thanks though.

eightmoredays

Dr. Acula
10-16-2008, 05:32 AM
OMG IF I DON'T GET IT I WILL DIE!!!!

I mean, uh, cool, Fable 2, yeah, whatever.

Araciel
10-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Trollin', reported.

I am discussing my dislike for the game, but okay.

Mogi
10-17-2008, 12:43 AM
OMG IF I DON'T GET IT I WILL DIE!!!!

I mean, uh, cool, Fable 2, yeah, whatever.

THEN GET IT! WE DON'T WANT ANY DYING, NOW DO WE?
D:

Has anyone else played with the flash on the official site?
Xbox.com | FableŽ II (http://fable2.xbox.com/Experience.aspx)
You can win basic items and tattoos and things of the sort for your Xbox Live account that you get when you play Fable II.
And it's entertaining.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-17-2008, 04:46 AM
The street date within Australia has been broken at a few Kmart stores.

Madame Adequate
10-17-2008, 04:26 PM
The street date within Australia has been broken at a few Kmart stores.

Fuck Australia and fuck all of you constantly getting http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif before me. :mad2:

Mogi
10-17-2008, 11:49 PM
That's horrible.
=[
I'm not sure whether to be jealous or jealous and pissed.

fourmoredays
And two of those are weekend days, so they don't count.

I was considering staying home Tuesday, but I recently missed four days of school, so that's not happening. It'll be here for me when I get home though.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-21-2008, 03:16 AM
Yay. Just picked up my CE of Fable 2! ^_^

My gamertag is Barefooted Hobo if you want to add me.

Magixion
10-21-2008, 03:37 AM
Damnit! I can't get mine until I am done with college tomorrow, so I will not be on until tomorrow afternoon!

I will be playing all night after that though, so if anyone feels up for some coop, hit me up!

Gamertag: Dea7hFromAbove

Arc_Master_14
10-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Agh Im probably gonna have to wait til Xmas. Bullcrap! but for them Gamertag: Gingerboy1. But it might change like this weekend

The Shoeless Hobo
10-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Amazing game. Can't take my hands of it when i should really be studying.

I married a hooker and had 2 kids, and bought a decent sized house and invested in a couple businesses which create a nice cash inflow. I'm right near the end and the villian is a dick.

bipper
10-22-2008, 12:33 PM
any foresight on a PC release?

Loony BoB
10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
any foresight on a PC release?
Usually 6-12 months later for Microsoft games, isn't it?

Also, have pre-ordered. Getting it in two days. =]

Madame Adequate
10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Mine's arriving tomorrow ;o Gameplay tend to ship on Wednesdays!

This isn't actually good at all because Thursdays are a combination of very early start and somewhat long day, so I'm wiped out tired by the time I get home and usually need to sleep for three hours. :(

Also it means I just have TODAY to play through Fable again! xD

Arc_Master_14
10-24-2008, 01:50 AM
YAY GOT IT! just starting it up now

Craig
10-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Well it kept me up til 5am this morning so it must be good.

Only thing is, when I first started playing it and I downloaded that update, it kept freezing within minutes so I couldn't play. Seriously 10 times in a row so I gave up.

I then read that the update you download is the one that lets you do online co-op, but has also been known to cause freezes, so I deleted the cache on my Xbox and it worked fine after that.

So like, I dunno I guess I can't do online co-op. Maybe I should redownload it see what happens.

Madame Adequate
10-25-2008, 05:50 PM
I've got it, it's epic and awesome for the most part.

They need to rethink the expressions stuff though. It's okay for just bumming around town being daft, but it doesn't really work for me when you make someone fall in love with you by dancing.

Markus. D
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Apart from Co-Ops current state.

It looks really good, I definetly plan on getting it.

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I wish you could tell people to get the fuck out of your house. :(

Madame Adequate
10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I wish you could tell people to get the smurf out of your house. :(

Freaking seriously. The only way to do it is scaring them, and that drives your family away as well :(

LunarWeaver
10-26-2008, 06:03 PM
My 360 makes insane loading sounds when I play this game. Not even Lost Odyssey made this much fuss. I suppose this means my 360 is dying =/

I like the game itself. It's been fun so far.

Quindiana Jones
10-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Heh. I just made 34K just by resetting my clock. xD (My 360 always goes to 2005 every time I turn it on.)

Ryth
10-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I HATED Fable, but I was in love with the ideas, so I'm paying attention to this, but I'm still really skeptical. Looks like it might be worth my time.

but Fallout 3 is almost here, so I don't care.

Vyk
10-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Fun and addictive, but kinda slow and clumsy. Needs work. The camera's buggy. Mine got stuck pointing up. Had to continually adjust while chasing someone. Not fun. And yeah. The expression set up needs some work. Coulda used another month or so in the oven. But I really haven't played it that much. Definitely has potential. Should be good once I really sink my teeth in

Loony BoB
10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
This game is awesome. I love it.

LunarWeaver
10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm really quite into it these days. I hated the original Fable too. This happened to be third on my Gamefly list for the sake of filling it up and they skipped the first two to send me this, so I kinda got it without much enthusiasm. But I'm glad I did.

I have now married Mike the Monk, whom I renamed Daniel just to prove to him I have such control, own quite a few businesses, and have all kinds of experience. Things are all coming together. Though these days I don't need much else than magic. I slow time to give me a chance to raise the dead, and the enemies focus so much on them I can power up the area attack of Shock and everything just... dies.

I can't figure out how to do the whole timed-combo moves with swords xD I don't know if I'm slow or what.

Madame Adequate
10-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I use guns and Force Push. It buys me the time I need to line up shots, if I get surrounded. I'm pretty horrendously lethal right now.

The only physical stuff I buy is more life, though.

Tall thin girl <3

Oh, and I was going to call my Dog Cat but that was too obvious so instead he's called Lemming.

Psychotic
10-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Me and Fonz just shot up Bowerstone. And then performed a whistling concert afterwards to make them like us again.

Mogi
10-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Me: "Look, if you turn off the safety, everyone in town freaks out! lawl!"
Friend: *Shoots kid*
Me: "What! Why the fuck did you shoot my kid??? DDD:"
Friend: "LAWL"

=[

I've ALMOST got all the achievements. I suck horribly at the pub games, so I don't have the gambler yet.
P:
I need a few more though.

I thought it was absolutely AMAZING.

Miss_Lulu
10-31-2008, 06:10 AM
so like, i got married and had a kid.
and like, i'm a good person, i've got a halo and everything.
and what does my husband do to me? DIVORCES ME!
and then takes my kid! D:
i was upset. because i wasted loads of money on that stupid husband.
i even renamed him HUSBAND! :mad2:

so then i had to get another husband, and we had unprotected sex, and had a kid.
(apparently, i keep having boys)
and yeah.

the game is awesome. i'm like a third of the way through it. :D

Psychotic
11-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Chesty is, without doubt, one of the greatest video game characters of all time.

Miss you so much, Chesty. I'm sorry we couldn't be Super Best Friends. :(

Mogi
11-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Chesty is, without doubt, one of the greatest video game characters of all time.

Miss you so much, Chesty. I'm sorry we couldn't be Super Best Friends. :(

I loved the Brightwood Castle quest so much.
XD

Psychotic
11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Chesty came back! My game probably glitched, but I could do the quest again. :jess: I like to think it was because (ending spoilers) I chose the family, and brought all my loved ones back to life. I loved Chesty most of all!

It's funny, after going on a rampage in Oakfield on Faris's game and having max evil and max corruption, becoming a scabbed horned fiend in the process, I've been making donations to the Temple of Light and fiddling with the rents and now I have max good and max pure. I still make 12,000 every 5 minutes, which, compared to my original 15,000, is not much of a hit at all.

To celebrate, I shaved off my beard to get a look at my beautiful complexion. Well...the folks of Bowerstone began to call me ugly (even though my attractiveness was maxed out). I snapped. Maybe they had made fun of my make up too many times. Perhaps the constant swarm of random idiots demanding I marry them blocking me in became too much to bear.

Either way, I hatched a plan. I performed an impromptu Lute concert in the middle of Bowerstone. A very, very large crowd gathered. So I quickly slowed down time so none could escape, and unleashed a level 5 bolt spell. I killed 11 people with that one spell! Then, the slaughter began. Oh boy oh boy had it ever began. When I left Bowerstone Market for the Old town, my hair, and my dog's hair, went from bright gold to pure black, such was the extent of my murders.

The massacre of Old town was brutal. I'd smash down doors of houses, where parents would be cowering with their children, begging for mercy, begging for me to spare their lives. Your pleading only makes me want to kill you more, you know. Bang, bang, bang, bang.

Long story short, I'm pretty sure there's nobody in Bowerstone anymore.

Dr. Acula
11-09-2008, 12:43 AM
My brother killed off Bowerstone in his game and screwed up the whole economy. Now everything costs WAY too much.

My character, however, is a shining beacon of light with a cute dog called Digby and I own half of Bowerstone Market and a couple of houses in Oakfield. I've been divorced twice because apparently if you don't visit your husband every five minutes it's counted as neglect.

PS: When I saw Oakvale, I almost cried. Seriously.:cry:

Jessweeee♪
11-09-2008, 05:45 AM
I want this game ;_;

Loony BoB
11-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Mycharacter, however, is a shining beacon of light with a cute dog called Digby and I own half of Bowerstone Market and a couple of houses in Oakfield. I've been divorced twice because apparently if you don't visit your husband every five minutes it's counted as neglect.
Pay your husbands more. I can generally go quite a fair few days without touching them and they only go down by about 20%.

Quindiana Jones
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Chesty came back! My game probably glitched, but I could do the quest again. :jess: I like to think it was because (ending spoilers) I chose the family, and brought all my loved ones back to life. I loved Chesty most of all!

It's funny, after going on a rampage in Oakfield on Faris's game and having max evil and max corruption, becoming a scabbed horned fiend in the process, I've been making donations to the Temple of Light and fiddling with the rents and now I have max good and max pure. I still make 12,000 every 5 minutes, which, compared to my original 15,000, is not much of a hit at all.

To celebrate, I shaved off my beard to get a look at my beautiful complexion. Well...the folks of Bowerstone began to call me ugly (even though my attractiveness was maxed out). I snapped. Maybe they had made fun of my make up too many times. Perhaps the constant swarm of random idiots demanding I marry them blocking me in became too much to bear.

Either way, I hatched a plan. I performed an impromptu Lute concert in the middle of Bowerstone. A very, very large crowd gathered. So I quickly slowed down time so none could escape, and unleashed a level 5 bolt spell. I killed 11 people with that one spell! Then, the slaughter began. Oh boy oh boy had it ever began. When I left Bowerstone Market for the Old town, my hair, and my dog's hair, went from bright gold to pure black, such was the extent of my murders.

The massacre of Old town was brutal. I'd smash down doors of houses, where parents would be cowering with their children, begging for mercy, begging for me to spare their lives. Your pleading only makes me want to kill you more, you know. Bang, bang, bang, bang.

Long story short, I'm pretty sure there's nobody in Bowerstone anymore.

.....good God, Psy.