PDA

View Full Version : Smoking or Non?

Yar
10-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Typical Yari style small talk thread. :p

Do you smoke? I don't. After watching my dad smoke all these years, I don't think it's a fun thing to do. I hear him in his morning shower doing this nasty hacking thing with throat to get mucous out. :eep: His breath also smells bad unless he's chewing gum.

It'd also be rather unwise for me to pick up smoking because I have a bit of asthma. Not a whole lot, but I'm sure it'd worsen if I started smoking. I like not having asthma problems except for once every few months or so. :)

Tavrobel
10-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Nope. Hate the smell.

SilverWind
10-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Nah. I don't really like the smell. It just seems unnatural to pull smoke into your lungs on purpose. It's not really that good of a habit. But, I don't know. Never tried.

qwertysaur
10-09-2008, 03:23 AM
No

rubah
10-09-2008, 04:12 AM
I've smoked about 2/2 of a cigar. It's kinda fun 'cause you get to go all 'puff puff puff' with your mouth and stuff. I don't think I'll take up smoking them more than one half per month, I doubt I'd do cigarettes at all

Psychotic
10-09-2008, 04:15 AM
Smokers are jokers!

Roto13
10-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Why would anyone even bother to smoke these days? Have they not been paying attention?

Bunny
10-09-2008, 04:22 AM
I used to smoke but I stopped when I kept feeling like crap after every drag.

Mittopotahis
10-09-2008, 04:23 AM
I like to cough loudly when passing by smokers. =D

No, I don't.

kikimm
10-09-2008, 04:29 AM
I don't smoke and never have. My mom used to and it was disgusting.

Momiji
10-09-2008, 04:32 AM
My asthma wouldn't like me very much if I did.

Neither would anyone else.

Spiffing Cheese
10-09-2008, 04:58 AM
I don't smoke, I've never smoked regularly, but I have tried it.

I don't understand the appeal. What on earth does it do for you? I mean, smoking weed I can understand. With cigarettes, I just don't get it.

Rye
10-09-2008, 05:05 AM
I don't smoke. Not appealing, after seeing my parents smoke and how gross it is. I never will.

Zeromus_X
10-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Nope, I think it's disgusting.

Vermachtnis
10-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Nope, just being around cigarettes give me a head ache.

CloudDragon
10-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Yeah I smoke cigarettes. My cigs of choice are Marlboro Blend No. 27s.

Give me a break, I live in Kentucky.

zorander
10-09-2008, 08:20 AM
I did, and it wasn't all that great. They taste foul, and the sting lingers for hours after. No, I quit years ago and have no intention of going back to it.

Heath
10-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Nah, not something that I particularly want to try.

Blue Harvest
10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I used to but I quit ages ago.

Montoya
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
The rule is one beer one cigarette. Other than that, I don't really smoke anymore.

escobert
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I smoked cigs for years. I've stopped smoking liz and I will occasionally have one but hardly ever. Now smoking some herb on the other hand :p

Misfit
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Only while drinking. :smash:

RocketMBA
10-09-2008, 05:14 PM
The fags'll get yer, man.

Zeldy
10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm starting to a lot more now, since going to college, I'm still just a social smoker though. I'm honestly not addicted, as I can easily say I wouldn't go out of my way at all to smoke, if I do it's usually because someone around me is or I'm drunk.

Krelian
10-09-2008, 06:02 PM
No, I tried it once, but I'll never smoke for real. I hate the smoke and I hate being around smokers, after a while your clothes will smell like crap.

scrumpleberry
10-09-2008, 06:11 PM
No thanks ;(

Aerith's Knight
10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Smoking is bad, kay?

I don't like kissing tabacco lips.

Rantz
10-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Non, je ne fume pas.

Jess
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes, I do.

Aerith's Knight
10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes, I do.

*El gasp*

Fate Fatale
10-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Smoking is bad. I'd never do it. :P

I Don't Need A Name
10-09-2008, 10:53 PM
no ta

Sergeant Hartman
10-09-2008, 10:56 PM
No, but Manus is a FULL ON SMOKER.

Navi
10-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Smoking is glamorous and I envy the people who form an addiction.

SilverWind
10-10-2008, 03:23 AM
Non, je ne fume pas.

Ich rauche nicht! :p

Miriel
10-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Smoking makes you smell like ass. I prefer to smell all flowery and sweet. No smoking for me.

Shoeberto
10-10-2008, 05:34 AM
I like the feeling of smoke blowing and having it in my hand, but I really don't like having my clothes smell and having that stale cigar taste in my mouth afterwards for the whole next day (even after heavy brushing and mouth washing. yuck!)

So an occasional cigar under the influence of the right things. No cigs for me, please. Haven't tried, don't really care to.

Earthworm Jim
10-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I make it a point to smoke a carton a day. My lungs don't feel quite right if I don't.

Shlup
10-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I smoked in high school but BJ made me quit. We with both smoke cigars, hookah, or from a corn cob pipe from time to time though.

Quindiana Jones
10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
No. It's disgusting in every way, shape and form.

Tallulah
10-11-2008, 10:18 PM
No, but I can't say I never have as I have smoked when drunk. However I have never had a habit, so how do I vote? :confused:

aquatius
10-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I will never put one of those death-sticks near my mouth willingly.

Jiro
10-12-2008, 12:16 PM
No. I don't much wish to, either. It'll ruin my sporting career posibilities, and all that. And it's not particularly attractive either, imho.

Moon Rabbits
10-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Only DMT since it cannot be vapourized like salvia and cannabis.

Send me some DMT in the mail because it is impossible to get here :bigsmile:

As for the topic. I smoke the a mofuckin chimney.

louby_4eva
10-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm starting to a lot more now, since going to college, I'm still just a social smoker though. I'm honestly not addicted, as I can easily say I wouldn't go out of my way at all to smoke, if I do it's usually because someone around me is or I'm drunk.

Conformity at its best.

I've never smoked and never will....I like my clean lungs :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Evastio
10-12-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't smoke and I never plan to.

Lynx
10-12-2008, 08:43 PM
the smell alone is enough to keep me away. i also find it wildly unattractive when i see a girl smoking.

demondude
10-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Nope, and I don't plan to either. :cookie:

Leeza
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
I smoked for a couple of years. I quit on a bet with someone and never started again. I do like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette, but it then goes downhill from there. The smell of someone who has just had a cigarette is gross.

Spiffing Cheese
10-13-2008, 12:47 AM

You don't honestly think that you WON'T get addicted, though? If you social smoke, it's almost guaranteed you're gonna end up a fully-fledged completely addicted smoker.

~*~Celes~*~
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
never have, and never plan to.

Zeldy
10-20-2008, 10:12 PM

You don't honestly think that you WON'T get addicted, though? If you social smoke, it's almost guaranteed you're gonna end up a fully-fledged completely addicted smoker.

Possibly, if I carry on for a long time I will end up becoming like that, but for the mean time I'm good for saying "no" and do so quite often :p

Conformity at its best.

And Im not conforming to fit into any group, I had my first cigarette years ago and have had one or two every now and then ever since, it's not a new thing I've just decided to pick up.

Peegee
10-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Heh the stories I could tell.

Anyway, smoking for a long time has a positive correlation to a bunch of nasty consequences. I smoke very very infrequently (we're talking about cigarettes and cigars right?) and don't really enjoy it when I do it.

I do sometimes feel like I need a cigarette. It's bizarre for a person not habitually smoking to want to smoke, but meh, I don't bother explaining my whims.

Wind_Falcon
10-20-2008, 10:27 PM
No, and I never have.

I have just tried, but I have never been addicted...

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Nope. Don't plan onto either. Never tried smoking but when I am really stress I want a cigarette. Never understood why. My mom is a smoker but I do not know if she smoked during her pregnancy with me.

scrumpleberry
10-20-2008, 11:03 PM

Possibly, if I carry on for a long time I will end up becoming like that, but for the mean time I'm good for saying "no" and do so quite often :p

And Im not conforming to fit into a group, I had my first cigarette years ago and have had one or two every now and then ever since, it's not a new thing I've just decided to pick up.

Just make sure you have a good plan for the future and awareness of the possible dangers, please :( I don't want Zeldoo to become addicted.

Wolf Kanno
10-21-2008, 12:47 AM
I used to smoke a few years ago but I was hardly a chain smoker. I quit, cause I love physical activity and I didn't want it to interfere with that. I still enjoy the smell of a lit cigarette and occasionally I will smoke if I'm really angry or stressed out.

I generally don't mind people who do smoke and to be honest, I find anti-smokers to be far more obnoxious and annoying than people who smoke in a public place. Those "Truth" commercials are some of the worst things to ever be broadcast on television. :rolleyes2

Yar
10-21-2008, 12:50 AM
I generally don't mind people who do smoke and to be honest, I find anti-smokers to be far more obnoxious and annoying than people who smoke in a public place. Those "Truth" commercials are some of the worst things to ever be broadcast on television. :rolleyes2

Funny, because I find smokers to be obnoxious as well. ("It's MY body, I can do what I want." "Okay, but do you have to do it in a location that affects MY body as well?")

Wolf Kanno
10-21-2008, 12:57 AM

Funny, because I find smokers to be obnoxious as well. ("It's MY body, I can do what I want." "Okay, but do you have to do it in a location that affects MY body as well?")

What's the point in dying young if you can't take a few people with you? ;)

Nice
10-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Smoking was a bad habit to have and I quit because I was becoming addicted. It was personal because smoking cigarettes just seemed to be my only vice. It felt good not to waste money on 'em.

I do however smoke a cigar every now and again.

Loony BoB
10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Just make sure you have a good plan for the future
People who plan to quit 'later' are not planning to quit.

I detest smoking. I think I may be the person most against smoking out of anyone that I know, possibly outside of those that have had close ones killed due to smoking.

I can't stand the smell and I can't stand the smoke, especially if it gets to my trachea. For some reason my trachea is insanely sensitive - it also gets agitated by fog. I cough a lot due to a tickly feeling that doesn't go away quickly. And that's not even getting to the fact that I can't stand the thought of my close friends ruining themselves pointlessly. It's something I struggle to comprehend.

KoShiatar
10-21-2008, 01:30 PM
I've never smoked, except for hookah occasionally. I don't like cigarette smoke and since I know it's not healthy at all, I hope I never pick up such a habit. Now, if also my boyfriend would stop, it would be a reason to be glad.

Cookie
10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't smoke, and I've never even tried it. I've lied a few times about smoking, though, dunno why. To be honest, I'd probably smoke if the boxes didn't have all the "lung cancer" "impotence" "dead babies" stuff on the side, it just really puts me off and I don't see the point in risking it. Maybe I will do in the future, though, who knows.

Once, me, my sister and one of her friends tried smoking some generic stick we found in this alley that leads to my back garden. We were all really young, and I imagine we looked quite cute.

Araciel
10-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Nope. But everyone around me does.

Roogle
10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I cannot understand how one would willingly pay for a product of this nature. Its grip on some people can be strong, and I regret that there is nothing that anyone can do for them...

Chemical
10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Used to, sometimes I miss the feeling of slowly inhaling the indulging and intoxicating drugs; the way it trickles to the back of your throat.

Anyways. I'm trying to stop (and I say trying because I won't consider myself to have quit until the year anniversary); I've been doing really well though! :) the smell is something I can't stand now.

scrumpleberry
10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Just make sure you have a good plan for the future
People who plan to quit 'later' are not planning to quit.

I meant a sort of "just in case" fallback plan :/ Zeldy's a party girl: a bunch of people on a forum aren't going to be able to convince her to stop smoking evar again 4eva and eva. I'm just hoping she's going to be careful.

Dreddz
10-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I smoke and I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks. You know whats worse than being a smoker? Thinking your better than one.

Zeldy
10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Zeldy's a party girl.

I am liking this :jess:

NeoCracker
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I smoke and I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks. You know whats worse than being a smoker? Thinking your better than one.

Well at least we don't smell funny.:p

Loony BoB
10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
I meant a sort of "just in case" fallback plan :/
Just in case what? She gets addicted? Well, that's like having a fallback plan for being homeless and then buying a home you know you can't afford - it's a silly thing to plan for if you can simply avoid getting into that position in the first place.

Now, I'm not expecting anyone to change because if there's anything that anyone knows about 'party girls' it's that if you tell them what to do then they'll rebel against you... it's pretty futile. But I know people who can party hard without smoking. I have no reason to just act is if I have to give in and say "Oh alright it's cool just fix it later" because we all know that people won't plan to fix things later, they'll just carry on making themselves worse until they get to the point that they've already ruined themselves in some ways that can't be fixed. And it's sad, and pathetic. People in this world can get away with saying "Hey man, we smoke, you should too!" but the moment someone says "You shouldn't do that..." then everyone jumps down their throat.

Basically what I'm getting at is that just because I know it won't change anyone doesn't mean I need to hide and let all the smokers have 100% pressure towards smoking and 0% against. I'm here to let smokers know they're doing something that's nothing but a dumb, stupid thing to do. Then the more tactful people can pull on the "oh I won't stop you" guilt trips later. :p

The saddest thing about this whole affair is that it's mostly kids that can't even afford to buy a pack of cigarettes that are smoking their lungs away, and (this being the sad part) it's their peers, the people their age, the ones they respect, that have the most power to stop them - and they don't.

NeoCracker
10-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Just in case what? She gets addicted? Well, that's like having a fallback plan for being homeless and then buying a home you know you can't afford - it's a silly thing to plan for if you can simply avoid getting into that position in the first place.

Now, I'm not expecting anyone to change because if there's anything that anyone knows about 'party girls' it's that if you tell them what to do then they'll rebel against you... it's pretty futile. But I know people who can party hard without smoking. I have no reason to just act is if I have to give in and say "Oh alright it's cool just fix it later" because we all know that people won't plan to fix things later, they'll just carry on making themselves worse until they get to the point that they've already ruined themselves in some ways that can't be fixed. And it's sad, and pathetic. People in this world can get away with saying "Hey man, we smoke, you should too!" but the moment someone says "You shouldn't do that..." then everyone jumps down their throat.

Basically what I'm getting at is that just because I know it won't change anyone doesn't mean I need to hide and let all the smokers have 100% pressure towards smoking and 0% against. I'm here to let smokers know they're doing something that's nothing but a dumb, stupid thing to do. Then the more tactful people can pull on the "oh I won't stop you" guilt trips later. :p

The saddest thing about this whole affair is that it's mostly kids that can't even afford to buy a pack of cigarettes that are smoking their lungs away, and (this being the sad part) it's their peers, the people their age, the ones they respect, that have the most power to stop them - and they don't.

Um, don't you drink occasionally yourself BoBbo? :p

It's quite easy to replace smokers with drinkers in that sentance. :p

OVerall though I do agree with you. Just that you seem a tad harsh for someone who does stupid things themselves. :p

Bunny
10-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Now, I'm not expecting anyone to change because if there's anything that anyone knows about 'party girls' it's that if you tell them what to do then they'll rebel against you... it's pretty futile.

Zeldy you should keep smoking.

Zeldy
10-21-2008, 09:04 PM

OVerall though I do agree with you. Just that you seem a tad harsh for someone who does stupid things themselves. :p

The effects of smoking and alcohol are very different, alcohol in small amounts does little harm but smoking in the tiniest form is still bad, if you get me :p I see what you mean as they're both addicting, though.

Honestly, I'm not a smoker; I'm someone who smokes the occasional cigarette, there is a difference. They're nice sometimes, but I don't crave them or want one all the time, having to walk to the smoking shelter in college is a bitch and I often cannot be bothered, so thus I am not addicted.

NeoCracker
10-21-2008, 09:07 PM

The effects of smoking and alcohol are very different, alcohol in small amounts does little harm but smoking in the tiniest form is still bad, if you get me :p I see what you mean as they're both addicting, though.

Honestly, I'm not a smoker, I'm someone who smokes the occasional cigarette, there is a difference. They're nice sometimes, but I don't crave them or want one all the time, having to walk to the smoking shelter in college is a bitch and I often cannot be bothered, so thus I am not addicted.

The problem isnt that their addicting, its that in essence both are stupid to do to begin with. You're doing physical harm to your own body.:p

Even I drink on occasion, but I full admit its a dumb thing to do. :p

Equally as dumb as smoking if you ask me.

But meh, everyone does http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif thats dumb, simply because its who they are and what they enjoy to do. So I say go ahead and let them do it. :p

scrumpleberry
10-21-2008, 10:15 PM
All I was trying to do was to say "Please be careful Zeldy with your very occasional cigarettes because it can be dangerous" without going "OMG NEVER EVER SMOKE AGAIN NAO OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE 4EVA YOU'RE MAKING A TERRIBLE NASTY MISTAKE WHICH WILL HAUNT YOU FOR ALL YOUR LIFE" - because what she has going AT THE MINUTE isn't going that way. And she's smart, she knows all the risks, me ASSDLNDLBEFIONOOOOOOOOing her wouldn't do her any good.

So I see nothing wrong with what I've said so far, BoB.

kikimm
10-21-2008, 11:08 PM
The problem isnt that their addicting, its that in essence both are stupid to do to begin with. You're doing physical harm to your own body.:p

Even I drink on occasion, but I full admit its a dumb thing to do. :p

Equally as dumb as smoking if you ask me.

But meh, everyone does http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif thats dumb, simply because its who they are and what they enjoy to do. So I say go ahead and let them do it. :p

That's not exactly true. A glass of red wine a day is actually good for you. And like Zeldy already said, drinking in small amounts is okay. Smoking is bad for you no matter what.

NeoCracker
10-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Well drinking a glass of red whine a day is different. :p

I was more reffering to actually drinking, like MORE then that one glass of a day. :p

Chances are when you hear someone say they went out drinking, chances are they at least got tipsy, which I doubt anyone will argue is healthy. :p

Loony BoB
10-22-2008, 09:32 AM

:p :p :p ;)

I drink roughly 1-2 times a year, yes. If someone smoked only 1-2 times a year, I'd probably not give them a very hard time (unless they were my partner or children).

I am a hypocrite - everyone is. I don't tell people I'm perfect. But I will tell people if they're doing something stupid... and I expect people to tell me when to stop drinking or if I'm being stupid, too. If nobody ever stopped people from doing bad things even though they do bad things themselves, then the human race may well have not have made it this far. xD

scrumples: I don't have a problem with you, don't worry. :) I just have my course of action against smokers and you have yours - if anything, the world needs people like you AND like me. It's all good. I just don't believe in people who say "I'll quit ... later." I don't think I'll change Zeldy at all, as I've said. That doesn't mean I won't speak my mind. I don't say these things to stop people, I say these things to let people know what I think. If they happen to think about what I say and make a decision to change, that's a bonus, but I'll never expect it. =]

I'm not sure and have no evidence to back this up, but getting tipsy once a week or two probably won't do much harm. I wouldn't get upset over that kind of moderation. It's getting beyond the tipsy level which is where I think it can be harmful.

Strawberry_Mew
10-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I used to but have quit for the last 2 years XD

Proxy
10-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Used to. Woke up one morning, and was like "ehhh no more." So I just stopped. Like a year and a bit after starting, maybe more.

snacks
10-23-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't think I've ever done the throat hack thing, even though I've smoked for about 10 years now. :3

Don't get me wrong, i'm not proud of it but it keeps me sane for now.

Breine
10-27-2008, 12:49 PM
I smoke sometimes. Sometimes just at parties, and other times I'll have a couple of cigarettes during the weekdays. It all depends I guess. I manage to take longer breaks from the easily, though, so I don't really think quitting would be a problem.

Anyway, I like having a cigarette, especially if I'm in the right mood (mostly when drinking) and with the right people. They make me chillax and do funny stuff to my head.

Quindiana Jones
10-27-2008, 01:02 PM
They make me chillax and do funny stuff to my head.

This needs to be either a)written on the fag packets, or b)used as a slogan. xD

dragontamer
10-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't smoke. While i was growing up, my mother always smokeed, never around me, mind you - she would send me into another room or go out in the garden if it was not raining. I hated the fact that she smoked, and thats why I don't and I hope that I never start.

Breine
11-04-2008, 01:16 PM
They make me chillax and do funny stuff to my head.

This needs to be either a)written on the fag packets, or b)used as a slogan. xD

Haha, well thnx :)

Yuffie514
11-05-2008, 05:33 AM
I have never smoked, but I have tried before. It just wasn't my kind of thing.

I Took the Red Pill
11-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I've actually never taken so much as a drag on a cigarette. Though I do smoke weed on occasion and will puff on a cigar in the social environment in which I'm offered one.

MadeOfApples
11-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't smoke. I tried it a couple times while I was a kid but I just never understood why people did it.

I grew up in a family full of smokers and I honestly don't care if people smoke around me. The only times it bothers me is when its in my apartment(When I had one)/room and that because its a respect issue or when I'm eat. I don't understand how smokers can eat and smoke at the same time.

Cleric
11-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I used to, a lot. Some how I don't really get addicted to nicotine, and one day I just realized...wow this tastes and smells gross, and I stopped. Occasionally if someone is smoking I will have a cigarette to "remind myself why I don't smoke." Other than that no thanks.

Christmas
05-27-2023, 11:39 AM
Nope. Too expensive. Rather spend it on pixels in a mobile phone game. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
05-30-2023, 10:59 AM
i no longer smoke. i used to smoke a pack of 10 a day. i have not smoked full-time for about 8 years now, although I would usually smoke about a pack or three a year when away from home, usually at a yearly event/festival thing I used to attend.

covid meant no more yearly event, so that particular year I stopped, and i haven't smoked since. i consider myself "quit" but the truth is I still get cravings that I am luckily able to ignore.

i do enjoy smoking and the little rituals associated with it, and I would continue to smoke if it wasn't so damaging, and so expensive.

although i feel comparing addictions is a bad idea, and I certainly wouldn't compare the kinda magnitude and urgency of my cravings with other addictions, i do kinda manage it the same way as more "serious" addictions - when i go through a period of bad cravings i take it one day at a time.