PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean 4 confirmed for PS3

Dreddz
10-09-2008, 06:38 PM
N4G.com : Square Enix confirms Star Ocean PS3 (http://n4g.com/events_tgs2008/News-212617.aspx)

I guess both the 360 and PS3 have done a little trade. Microsoft gets Tekken 6 and Sony get Star Ocean 4. Although the PS3 version of Star Ocean 4 will definitely come after the 360 version. Guess its still good news for RPG starved PS3 owners. I still only have eyes for Valkyrie Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles though :)

EDIT: Maybe not. (http://n4g.com/events_tgs2008/News-212653.aspx)

CimminyCricket
10-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Dang.

the AJman
10-10-2008, 01:54 AM
YES, WOOOOOO HOOOOOO.

Man this helps me out a crap ton. I've been so divided whether to get an Xbox 360 or an PS3 it was making my head hurt.

First I'll like most of the game selection on the Xbox, but I'm still a fan of Final Fantasy and Metal Gear. Than theres the fact that the Xbox is cheaper, than XIII is now planning to be released on both and it made me lean more towards the Xbox. Than I saw Star Ocean 4 was going to be on the Xbox and I thought I was completely sold. And of course to make things harder they are now developing the God of War 3 on PS3. I thought great now I have to pick between one of my favorite RPG series and my favorite action/adventure series.

But now, that Star Ocean 4 could be release for PS3 I don't have to pick between them.

.........Oh...... I missed that maybe not part. NOOOOOOOOO, I'm still divided.

KKKKKKHHHHHAAAANNNNNNNN.

Slothy
10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
It's always possible that it's a mistake on the website I suppose. Not that I care all that much. I've never played a Star Ocean game before. Always meant to, but I suppose for now I don't know what I'm missing (if I am missing something).

Markus. D
10-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Saw a video of the gameplay.

It's looking extremely fun!

Very gorgeously pretty too!

Seems very similar to SO3's gameplay.

The Ceej
10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
They'll let anyone read the first article, but when I click on your, "Maybe not," they want me to sign up. I have doubts about this site altogether. I think they're trying to smurf with people, much like 1up (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3140613) is. You can never trust these sites. If I cared enough, I'd look for another source.

Bolivar
10-16-2008, 06:10 PM
^OMG!!! It's coming out in less than 2 weeks! Surprise Square Enix announcement to commence shortly!!!!!!!!!!!!21

Ultima Shadow
12-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Gah! That "maybe not" part ruined it all. :(

Seriously, SO4 is the one and only game deciding whenever I'll be getting an Xbox360 or a PS3. While it's not the single reason for me getting one of those consoles, it still completely outpriorize all other games by far. If not for SO4, I'd be leaning towards PS3. So basically... if SO4 comes out for the PS3, I'll be getting a PS3. Otherwise, I'll get an Xbox 360 instead.

Zeromus_X
12-13-2008, 06:28 PM
I kind of don't want it to go to the PS3 to be honest. Nothing against the PS3, I just don't want it to be another Eternal Sonata where they say "only for X360" and then they make a port to the PS3 with extra content.

Rostum
12-14-2008, 01:33 AM
It's always possible that it's a mistake on the website I suppose. Not that I care all that much. I've never played a Star Ocean game before. Always meant to, but I suppose for now I don't know what I'm missing (if I am missing something).

If you have a PSP, go get the first Star Ocean they released for it, and the second one comes out next year sometime for the PSP. You can also get the third on PS2 which isn't too bad. They are pretty good games.

I think Star Ocean 4 looks pretty cool, and I hope it comes to PS3 because I will most likely be getting one for my first now-generation console.

black orb
12-15-2008, 12:24 AM
>>> SO4 for PS3, and im here still playing SO2 in my Playstation. The gaming world goes too fast for me.. :eep:

Dreddz
12-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I kind of don't want it to go to the PS3 to be honest. Nothing against the PS3, I just don't want it to be another Eternal Sonata where they say "only for X360" and then they make a port to the PS3 with extra content.

Well people have been very suspicious about SO4 because the box-art for the game hasn't got the "Only for Xbox 360" sign on it. Not that it matters because that sign means nothing.

I think Square Enix are a mess this generation. They say they are turning into a multiplatform developer but have their games all over the place. By releasing SO4 first on the 360 it will have a luke-warm response in Japan. Then if they release it say a year later on the PS3 the game will be forgotten about and still not sell well. If they want to maximize revenue they need to simultaneously release their games on all platforms. Capcom seem to be the only Japanese publisher who has it right this generation.

Bobette
06-14-2011, 06:51 AM
N4G.com : Square Enix confirms Star Ocean PS3 (http://n4g.com/events_tgs2008/News-212617.aspx)

I guess both the 360 and PS3 have done a little trade. Microsoft gets Tekken 6 and Sony get Star Ocean 4. Although the PS3 version of Star Ocean 4 will definitely come after the 360 version. Guess its still good news for RPG starved PS3 owners. I still only have eyes for Valkyrie Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles though :)

EDIT: Maybe not. (http://n4g.com/events_tgs2008/News-212653.aspx)

Than I saw Star Ocean 4 was going to be on the Xbox and I thought I was completely sold.

Mirage
06-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, good thing we got it on PS3 huh!

Jiro
06-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Bobette, please make new topics and don't bump old ones :)