PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Players? Help needed.

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Ok, I'm trying a new hobby. I've brought it upon myself to learn to play guitar. I got my first electric guitar last month. Im really ignorant about this and I can't find any dummy proof things online to help. But I need to know how to tune my guitar. I've got an electric tuner that I plug my guitar into but I don't know what cords to tune to what letter. My tuner has two settings.

1.) Chroma. It consists of the following: A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#

2.) Guitar. It consists of the following: 7B, 6E, 5A, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1E.

Someone please tell me which of these i need to tune my guitar to and which string. I can't find anything that helps me out. Im just looking for standard tuned.

rubah
10-10-2008, 04:15 AM
the second one, except skip the 7 string. I think 6 is the heaviest lowest sounding string. (unless you actually have seven strings)

o_O
10-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Yes, allie is right. You could use the chroma mode to tune if you really wanted to, you just need to make sure that you tune to EADGBE, in order from heaviest to lightest strings.

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-15-2008, 05:33 PM
k. thanks guys

Balzac
10-15-2008, 07:25 PM
ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS ARCHIVE | 300,000+ Guitar Tabs, Bass Tabs, Chords and Guitar Pro Tabs! (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com)

It has tabs, and tutorial videos gallore for everything you could ever need.