PDA

View Full Version : So, I just got the final Job Classes (DS)

Cyric
10-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I need some guidance. After reading over the Job FAQ (GameFAQs: Final Fantasy III (DS) Job Stats FAQ by penguin_knight (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/924897/46045)), I have a few questions to be answered by veterans of this game.

Here's what my party is composed of:
Ingus, Level 49, Knight [JL99]
Luneth, Level 49, Monk [JL99]
Refia, Level 49, White Mage [JL99]
Arc, Level 49, Black Mage [JL99]

I'll tell you the situation, and you tell me whether I should do it or not. Keeping in mind I AM planning on Job-Grinding them back up to Job Level 99 at the Altar Cave, before I go further into the game. Which also means the maximum 10-battle transition period means nothing.

1) I'm thinking about switching Ingus over to a Ninja.
2) I'm making Luneth into a Black Belt.
3) I'm thinking about turning Refia into a Summoner.
4) I'm thinking about turning Arc into a Sage.

The FAQ actually "recommends" the Summoner/Sage combo. I like it because you'll have 1 summoner guaranteed to do massive damage, but also have the benefit of some of the White Magic effects of the summons (Bahamut's Aura anybody?). Also, I have the side-quest Bahamur (Bahamut) and Leviath (Leviathan) spells already, and I'll probably buy another set of them once I get to Eureka.

[EDIT] And I don't want to see any suggestions about Onion Knights. I'll do the Onion Knight-thing once I beat the game as I have it now.

Elpizo
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
If you take a summoner, I'd drop the sage for a Devout. More MP and a better dedicated White-magic user. And that's pretty much needed for the end of the game. And Sages are slow.

And Devout looks cuter, especially on Refia. ^^

Cyric
10-11-2008, 12:15 AM
If you take a summoner, I'd drop the sage for a Devout. More MP and a better dedicated White-magic user. And that's pretty much needed for the end of the game. And Sages are slow.

And Devout looks cuter, especially on Refia. ^^

What about casting Haste in the first-round? That's usually what I do with boss-fights when the White Mage usually has nothing/nobody to heal. The fact that both the Summoner and Sage will probably have Haste, may make a difference. It was nice having the White Mage be the first one in action while I was fighting Bahamut after he used Megaflare. :)

Cyric
10-11-2008, 03:35 AM
OK, I took my medicine. I made Ingus a Ninja, Luneth a Black Belt, Refia a Devout (so CUUUUUTE! LMAO), and Arc is a Summoner (could've done without the hat...)

Elpizo
10-11-2008, 09:39 AM
That's a good team, should get you through the Final Dungeons no problem. Just level enough.

And oh, Black Belts' attack goes up when they are barefisted and when their job level goes up. So in early job levels, give them claws, but after job lv 60 or so, they are better off barefisted, more attack power that way.

Cyric
10-11-2008, 09:29 PM
That's a good team, should get you through the Final Dungeons no problem. Just level enough.

And oh, Black Belts' attack goes up when they are barefisted and when their job level goes up. So in early job levels, give them claws, but after job lv 60 or so, they are better off barefisted, more attack power that way.

Yeah, I have him using the Hellish Claw and Dark Claw (236 attack). Bare-fisted right now, he's at around 150 attack. Ingus is using using 2 Kiku-Ichimonji blades (230 attack). They're at 20-25 job level, and 55 character level. I'm using Bahamut's Lair. :)

Elpizo
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
That's a good level. I'm sure one could attempt the Final Dungeons already at lv 55, but lv 60 is a guaranteed victory.

Question though, do you train with every character as a Black Belt? You gain more HP that way and it'll enable you to have 9999 HP on lv 99. It's not required, certainly not, just, if you're a completionist, I thought I'd tell you.

Cyric
10-12-2008, 08:05 PM
That's a good level. I'm sure one could attempt the Final Dungeons already at lv 55, but lv 60 is a guaranteed victory.

Question though, do you train with every character as a Black Belt? You gain more HP that way and it'll enable you to have 9999 HP on lv 99. It's not required, certainly not, just, if you're a completionist, I thought I'd tell you.

See, this is why FFIII is very quickly becoming my favourite, because there always seems to be something for me to try my next time through. =)

Dragonfire
10-13-2008, 06:38 AM
kill everyone and train one dragoon.... i beat the game that way

KoShiatar
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Black Belts own everything in this game.

Dignified Pauper
10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
I have such a great team. Dragoon, Knight, Summoner, Sage. It works wonders for me. All my people are at high 70s, and Dark Cloud annihilates us all.

Markus. D
12-17-2008, 08:10 AM
4 Bards!

Quindiana Jones
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm currently just past the Water Crystal stage, so I have access to Dark Knights and Vikings and stuff, but not Ninjas and Sages etc.

What I'm working with right now is a Knight, Thief, WM and BM. What I want to do later on is move onto a DK, Dragoon, Devout and Ninja combo, seeing as elemental weaknesses become kinda irrelevant later on (I hear). This is my first time through and I'm just wondering if that sounds like a good plan. Don't know equipment well enough to plan far ahead, though I'm thinking Blood weapons in one hand for both the Dragoon and DK.