PDA

View Full Version : Needs help! ha

IronOcean
10-11-2008, 03:58 AM
I am having my own internal console wars and my brain is the one that is losing. It seems like to me PS3 is winning but i dunno yet. some people *shifty eyes* are telling me to just go with a DS and just do that for a little while tell me folks those of you that have a new system what do you think i should go with? i need help dammit!

Momiji
10-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Go with the DS. <3

IronOcean
10-11-2008, 04:03 AM
but do you think it is a core gaming system? like somthign i can base a long time out of? although i do like caslevania games....

LunarWeaver
10-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Get a 360 so you can play with me already. Until both ours break, anyway.

If you're all guns on a handheld, I think the PSP is better for you. Go here (http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/) and here (http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/) and pick out which has the more appealing library I guess.

Don't you only want a Ps3 because of God of War? I will have an unhappy expression if you buy one just for that.

Momiji
10-11-2008, 04:13 AM
but do you think it is a core gaming system? like somthign i can base a long time out of? although i do like caslevania games....

I think so, at least.

Get a 360 so you can play with me already. Until both ours break, anyway.

If you're all guns on a handheld, I think the PSP is better for you. Go here (http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/) and here (http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/) and pick out which has the more appealing library I guess.

Don't you only want a Ps3 because of God of War? I will have an unhappy expression if you buy one just for that.

I still haven't played with you on Xbox 360 yet! D:

LunarWeaver
10-11-2008, 04:18 AM
I don't think we even have any of the same games anymore :-/ How depressing.

Momiji
10-11-2008, 04:31 AM
I don't think we even have any of the same games anymore :-/ How depressing.

I don't really have any games! They're all my dad's and my brother's, since I don't play at all if ever. What do you have though, maybe they have it...

IronOcean
10-11-2008, 04:33 AM
god of war is a big selling point get out of my HEAD! lol but also PS3 seems to have the most games coming out

Momiji
10-11-2008, 05:02 AM
It's all a matter of preference. I'm a casual gamer through-and-through, so the DS is perfect for me.

Jessweeee♪
10-11-2008, 06:20 AM
I've noticed a lot of supposed PS3 exclusives have been coming out on the 360 as well >.>

If you've been stuck to certain game franchises (like Final Fantasy, for example) and you want to keep up with them, then I'd suggest picking the console they are released on.

Rostum
10-11-2008, 06:47 AM
I'd probably go DS first, then wait a year to save for a PS3. I have a DS and even though I barely play it now, I did when I got it and I plan to when university break comes up -- it has a great range of games. I'd definitely recommend The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy III and IV, Mario Kart DS, and a wide range of GBA games if you don't get the newest model.

The PS3 looks to be receiving a lot of awesome games, some exclusive and some not. But I'd rather wait until a solid library has been absolutely established. That's just me though.

The PSP is also a neat little contraption. Some good games like God of War and Crisis Core. Can also emulate stuff, including PSX games, which is a huge bonus for replaying old classics on the go. To me I don't feel it's PSP game library is that great though.

Markus. D
10-11-2008, 06:50 AM
PSP definetly has good games atm.

But then again so does DS.

Ouch!
10-11-2008, 09:14 AM
I spend most of my time on my Xbox 360; a majority of that time is spent in multiplayer Halo 3 with my friends. Excluding Halo 3, I play it significantly less, but it has enough to make it a valuable buy.

I cannot recommend a PS3. I just traded in my only PS3 title (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction) in favor of a Wii game. The thing is my DVD/Blu-Ray player until it gets some more games in which I have interest. The console has a pretty future, but it's not fulfilling any burning needs right now. To be perfectly honest, I got the thing because I was able to swing a few deals to get it for only $200 of my own money.

I play a fair bit of my Wii, but not many new titles have been catching me lately. If you're leaning towards a home console, I'd suggest this or the Xbox 360 over the PS3 in a heartbeat, depending on in which games you're most interested.

I have two games for my PSP: FFT: The War of the Lions and FFVII: Crisis Core. Normally I don't buy a console until there's at least three titles I want for it, but the PSP was a gift. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep should round out the third. I'm not sure I'd have bought a PSP with my own money, but I'm definitely satisfied with it as is.

The DS is fucking awesome. Aside from the ability to play GBA games, the DS has a library of its own that's more than worth it. Aside from the ones Omecle already suggested, I also love the Ace Attorney series. I'd buy a DS just to play those four games.

That said, I wouldn't go for the PS3 unless you really, really want Metal Gear Solid 4 or are willing to wait a while yet until its library expands and bigger titles start hitting. My suggestion: get the DS for now. You can always get the PS3 later down the road. DS Lites will probably see a price drop soon now that the new model has been announced, which is always a plus, and there's more than enough of a satisfying library to tide you over until the PS3 gathers some steam.

Dreddz
10-11-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't think you should compare a handheld to a home system. It's not like your getting the same experience. You should be happy with a DS but it just isn't the same as having an expensive home system with surround sound and the like.

Both the 360 and PS3's libraries are really just the same at this point. Microsoft chooses to just steal exclusives from Sony than expand the market with its own titles so has made decision making for a console extremely hard at this point. Sony has the right idea with its first party line-up and if you look ahead into 2009-10 its clear that the PS3 dominates. But then again Microsoft always has tricks up its sleeves so they won't leave 360 owners out in the cold.

I think its also important that you own a HDTV if you plan to buy a PS3. The PS3's entertainment value increases ten fold if you do have one. Firstly you don't want a blu-ray player lying around doing nothing. And secondly, and more importantly, Sony encourage their developers to always develop with HD in mind so a lot of PS3 games look crap on SDTV's as the system has problem aliasing to that resolution. So when you compare some games on the PS3 and 360, the PS3 games look worse than the 360 version when on SDTV's but better on HDTV's. Its a pretty big issue and one that doesn't really get mentioned. I noticed it the other day when I misplaced my HDMI cable and played Wipeout HD through my scart socket. Small text is unreadable and it just looks much much worse.

Madame Adequate
10-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I would recommend a 360. You've got a big library of quality games and more are coming out constantly. Live is easily the best online system of the three home consoles, as well.

The DS is pretty sweet too, but I ended up trading mine in and I've never really missed it.

KentaRawr!
10-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Get a Wii. :3

Seriously though, what kind of games do you like? Shooters? Action? Strategy? Puzzle? Weird stuff? Tell us! :choc2: