PDA

View Full Version : Help! I can't get this game pad to look up and down in Portal!

Jessweeee♪
10-11-2008, 10:37 PM
So I am a very very happy girl because I just got Portal, and right away I decide to goof off with the Muzak and I discover that I can't look down D:

Absolutely everything is configured right as far as I can see, and all of the controls work perfectly except for looking up and down! I can make do with the mouse for now, but when I get further in the game it's going to be a big problem. I googled my problem, and I saw a few other people in the same situation, but the links to the places with solutions no longer work. I'm using a Nyko Air Flow or whatever, btw.

(I don't like to use the keyboard/mouse configuration because it is just awkward on a laptop without a USB mouse. I probably wouldn't anyway.)

Aerith's Knight
10-12-2008, 12:37 AM
(I don't like to use the keyboard/mouse configuration..

Blasfemy!

Like I'd help you now.

Also, try updating the driver or disabling and enabling is in system/hardware manager.

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2008, 01:02 AM
I've done everything I can think of :(

It's just the look up/down thing that doesn't work, and it doesn't work. I assigned I and K to be look up/down in Portal, and I assigned them to the up/down positions on the right analog stick.

Neither the up/down positions on the analog nor the I/K keys will work. I think this is something I need to resolve in the game's options or something, but I can't figure out what it is I need to do S:

Aerith's Knight
10-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Maybe it is just one faulty part.

Try inverting the up/down command. There is usually a option like that.

And check the cable.

If you have a multimeter, open it up and check the wires for up and down.

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Inverting didn't work :(

Every button works fine in everything but Portal.

ijlkjilkjilkjilkjilkjilkjilkjilkjilkjilkjilkjil - see?

I've tried assigning different keys, but the same thing happens.

EDIT:

I'm such an idiot. All I had to do was map the right joystick to the mouse.

...that still doesn't solve the mystery of why it wouldn't work with the keyboard >.>