PDA

View Full Version : Woah, its Batman.

Goldenboko
10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
John Batman that is. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Batman)

Have you ever been jealous of someone elses name? Or would you change your name to something else if you had the chance? It would be pretty cool to have my last name be Batman =P

Exdeath
10-12-2008, 12:29 AM
I need no name better than Charles Norris.
Edit: I actually saw this name in a local obituary weeks back.

Rye
10-12-2008, 12:29 AM
There was a beautiful Japanese girl in my HS with the most adorable name. It was fun and it reminded me of bubbles. I wanted it.

My name is lame. My first name is ultra common and my last name is Italian and is never pronounced right. Therefore, I will live vicariously through any children I have, by giving them fruity names like Emberlynn and Ophelia and Autumn.

SNOOZER
10-12-2008, 12:31 AM
I always wanted the name Awesome McKillington

Shlup
10-12-2008, 12:32 AM
I would totally change my last name to Batman if I could. That would be awesome.

My last name is evil. It's eleven letters, not phonetic... it's argh is what it is.

Aerith's Knight
10-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Phil Goldman.

Or Phil Spiderman.

Exdeath
10-12-2008, 12:35 AM
My first name is common as well, so my friends just call me one of 3 names: my first or last, or ninja (seriously).

Jessweeee♪
10-12-2008, 12:42 AM
My first name is ultra common and my last name is Italian and is never pronounced right.

I'm the same, only my last name is never pronounced right because it's an English name xD

Most of my city is Hispanic, so teachers will pronounce English names normally and Hispanic names with an accent, and for some reason they think mine is Hispanic. Even worse is when they mistype or mispronounce it as Torres (it's one letter away from that), and because that's NOT MY NAME, I miss a lot of the school's mail and I don't hear my name when it's called over the PA.

EDIT:

There was a real Jessica Torres at my middle school, and she got a lot of my stuff :(

Big D
10-12-2008, 01:30 AM
The name 'Batman' was originally another form of 'Bateman', and pronounced as such. I don't know if it's still pronounced that way, since it's obviously a lot less common these days...

Flying Mullet
10-12-2008, 01:32 AM

Have you ever been jealous of someone elses name? Or would you change your name to something else if you had the chance? It would be pretty cool to have my last name be Batman =P
With a last name of "Batman", how could you not hit up the ladies at the pubs/bars/clubs/grocery stores/mosques/convents with the pickup line, "I'm Batman!"

erikramza
10-12-2008, 01:33 AM
I would totally change my last name to Batman if I could. That would be awesome.

My last name is evil. It's eleven letters, not phonetic... it's argh is what it is.

Go to the courthouse. It's possible.

Big D
10-12-2008, 01:50 AM

My last name is evil. It's eleven letters, not phonetic... it's argh is what it is.Better yet, if both you and your husband changed them at the same time... then you could be all, "Yeah, my husband's named BJ Batman. What have you done with your life?" and pwn anyone and everyone.

Not that there's anything wrong with current surname, even if it's a little uncommon. Ok, a lot uncommon. But still.

Yar
10-12-2008, 01:54 AM
My mother said that if I were a girl, she was going to name me Kelsey. That is when I immediately threw a fit, because Kelsey is an awesome name, even for a guy. So much better than Justin, imo. I'd love to be named Kelsey.

Exdeath
10-12-2008, 02:18 AM

With a last name of "Batman", how could you not hit up the ladies at the pubs/bars/clubs/grocery stores/mosques/convents with the pickup line, "I'm Batman!"

Do the growly voice from the movies, too. That'll elicit some reactions.

Vermachtnis
10-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Brandon is such a boring name. I wish it was cooler. My dad said he wanted to name me Jason, it's a little better but not by much. At least my initials make B.S. xD

Exdeath
10-12-2008, 02:32 AM
Brandon is such a boring name. I wish it was cooler. My dad said he wanted to name me Jason, it's a little better but not by much. At least my initials make B.S. xD

=_=, Is my name really boring? I know its common, but not dull.

rubah
10-12-2008, 02:34 AM
I and three other people with five letter last names in my ap lang class in high school had a history of chronic mispronounciations.

Fate Fatale
10-12-2008, 05:43 AM
My parent's were going to name me Keith, but they named my brother that already. He died shortly after birth two-and-a-half years prior to my birth. But yeah, they thought it would be weird, so they opted against it. I like that name better though. Also, I'd like for my name to be Axel. That's the name I use in German class (we pick names from the language we study) and I use it on pretty much anything I can. (it's only cool if you pronounce it German-like. [Ox-eel])

Vermachtnis
10-12-2008, 06:25 AM

=_=, Is my name really boring? I know its common, but not dull.

Depends is your name Brandon or Jason. Cause I liked the name Jason it just wouldn't fit me xD. But yes, Brandon is a very boring name.

Momiji
10-12-2008, 06:29 AM
In middle and high school, there was this guy named Fletcher Youngbloot.

He was an awesome guy, too.

Arc_Master_14
10-12-2008, 06:33 AM
My name is Brady and its spelled wrong more than you think and its so annoying. Like all through middle school there was this reading comprehension program at our school and everyone was preprogrammed into and guess what my name was Brandy Bickman BOTH MY NAMES WERE WRONG! WHAT THE HELL! I wish my name was Arc itd be so much easier to write and a last name of McAwesomesauce would be perfect too.

EDIT theres this kid at my school who's last name is something along the lines of Cleaningwoman

nik0tine
10-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Pfft. He's got nothin' on this guy. (http://www.gofrostfire.com/acatalog/batman-suparman-02a_0.jpg)

Heath
10-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Knew a guy called Chris Moss (Christmas) a few years back, I've always like that one.

Shlup
10-12-2008, 08:56 AM

Go to the courthouse. It's possible.

Not if I want to stay married. My husband is proud of his last name.

Quindiana Jones
10-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I remember being really pissed off when I wasn't picked to be king in some primary school play. My name's Arthur, damnit! And my surname means King! Wankers. On the plus side, I did get to be both Jesus and Joseph, which was interesting.

Lord Death of the Universe will forever be the greatest name ever.

IronOcean
10-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Batman would be an amazing last name i mean how else could you instill fear? i always thought maybe the name stryker! has to have an exlamation though like maybe Abrahem Stryker!

Zeldy
10-12-2008, 03:51 PM
My last name is so horrid and boring, argh, I hate it xD It's quite common here too.

Nice
10-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't want the surname batman, cause that just means that some kid named Joker is gonna fuck wit me.

Goldenboko
10-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't want the surname batman, cause that just means that some kid named Joker is gonna smurf wit me.

That's okay, you'd always win in the end.

NeoTifa
10-12-2008, 06:30 PM
lol.

my last name is 5 letters. people are always like "how do you pronounce it?!" and im like "what?! its 5 letters!!!! for the sake of americanism, its pronounced boy...er..... not hard derrrr."

Laddy
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
I want the name Jonatas de la Silva. It sounds so sexy and badass. XD

Exdeath
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Depends is your name Brandon or Jason. Cause I liked the name Jason it just wouldn't fit me xD. But yes, Brandon is a very boring name.

great, my name is dull. I'm changing it to Exdeath McKillu.

Rantz
10-12-2008, 07:36 PM
My name is enviable.

Wolf Kanno
10-12-2008, 07:39 PM
My name is incredibly common, both my first, middle and last name. The funny thing is, that each one has an amusing story behind them. My mother wanted to name me Anthony so she could call me Tony but my father was against it cause its very Italian and we have no Italian in either side of the family. I always wanted to have the name Alexander cause I love the name and it sounds good with my last name :love:

Also, screw Batman, I'd change my last name to Bond. Nothing but amusing conversations there. :cool:

Nominus Experse
10-12-2008, 08:20 PM
My last name is unpronounceable and invisible.

In all honesty, it is Manson. Yes, exactly like Charles or Marilyn.

demondude
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM
My first name is plain and boring, and my surname is apparently of French origin.
So fail all around.

NeoTifa
10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
mines french..... :mad2:

Jojee
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Shoulda been Bruce Batman :p

Too bad he had all daughters and his only son drowned. No one to carry on the family name.

Montoya
10-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I hate my first name. My middle name and last name are okay.

I've always liked the name Alexander Frost. I don't know why.

scrumpleberry
10-12-2008, 11:20 PM
It's eye-tie and english mongrel mix. Do not want, it sounds as awkward as a mongoose at a snake's wedding.

I'd actually like a quite whorey name. Like Mercedes or something. I think it'd be fun.

ShunNakamura
10-12-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't really care for my first or middle names. Seriously, Dustin James is just boring as can be.

Apparently Dustin is derived from a Norse name meaning 'Thor's Stone' or somesuch. Not exactly all that exciting. And James is just.... meh.

I mean Bailey, Lynn, Cassidy, or even Cyrus would all be so much cooler(Cassidy because my hair can become freakishly curly at times). And yes I am fond of Unisex names.

NeoTifa
10-13-2008, 12:39 AM
unisex? my ex-friend's bro is named courtney. lol.

Cookie
10-13-2008, 01:03 AM
I want to remove my middle name and change my last name as soon as possible, but not to something ridiculous.

ShunNakamura
10-13-2008, 01:48 AM
unisex? my ex-friend's bro is named courtney. lol.

What is so weird about that? Courtney is a unisex name. However, it is more popular as a feminine name than as a masculine one.

This is a hyperlink

Sorry, Sorry, I can' resist, this is the real one. (http://www.behindthename.com/name/courtney)

Bunny
10-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Lord Bunny, Commander of the Sixth Battalion and General of the Galactic Federation.

That would be my full name.

Jojee
10-13-2008, 03:41 AM
At the first law school party someone threw, we all wore nametags because we didn't know each other at all and because we're <i>that</i> nerdy. My nametag said "Bunny" ^__^

Then I went around writing stripper names on everyone else's nametags too. Especially the guys.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-13-2008, 04:56 AM
For some reason people cannot spell my last name properly. It is "Noble". Everyone tries to spell it "Nobel". :/

I am happy with my name. My parents were not creative. They named me after my dad and his dad, but I go by Bobby, so it is alright. Just never, ever call me Robbie. DEATH WILL SEEK YOU IF YOU DO!

My sister was lucky and got something original, no one in my family (that I know of) has her name. :/

Peegee
10-13-2008, 04:41 PM
All I remember about Mandee's new surname is that I said 'what the smurf' when she told me it.

Good thing she told me before the wedding.